Lane Kiffin shares hilarious Nick Saban, mustard bottle meme after Tennessee's win over Alabama

So, for all the "let Kiffin go" crowd....

Why does he keep bringing TN up?

One of us.... "Volnation" message board (gets a couple of hundred shots on TV a day, not)

Or..... Lane Kiffin (who for some odd reason keeps mentioning TN football)..... Here's and ESPN sound bite.....

Lane... seriously, dude.... we get it.

You regret your decision. (If I were an OM fan I'd be pi**ed about his seeming obsession with TN)

Lane Kiffin knows he made the Blunder of his life leaving Tennessee. USC is nowhere near the Program UT Football is. Not even close. The Fans are the difference. Best fanbase in the World of Sports. Last Night proved that. Usc has never even sniffed anything that special.

I respectfully disagree with that. USC has a lot more titles than Tennessee. It isn't even close. USC is basically the only real football power with multiple titles west of Texas.

Reactions: EasternVol
Now I’m 100% sure he’s not handling his own twitter. He probably has delegated it and just gives approval for any tweet that remotely resembles throwing shade.

I respectfully disagree with that. USC has a lot more titles than Tennessee. It isn't even close. USC is basically the only real football power with multiple titles west of Texas.

USC opening in 2010 was top 5 job even with impending sanctions. 12 years later, USC is middle of road PAC12 program that will get gobbled up on Big Ten. Tennessee at this current standing is bigger job and deal than USC

Reactions: coach799 and TCNC53
USC opening in 2010 was top 5 job even with impending sanctions. 12 years later, USC is middle of road PAC12 program that will get gobbled up on Big Ten. Tennessee at this current standing is bigger job and deal than USC

Did you see the off season hire made by USC this past summer? Sure, I think they are not as good, this season, as Tennessee but USC is a far stronger program than Tennessee all-time. When they are up, they pretty much dominate the West Coast, no team comes close with Hype. They can get any recruit in that area. They are to Pac12 (or were) what Kentucky is to the SEC in Basketball.

Did you see the off season hire made by USC this past summer? Sure, I think they are not as good, this season, as Tennessee but USC is a far stronger program than Tennessee all-time. When they are up, they pretty much dominate the West Coast, no team comes close with Hype. They can get any recruit in that area. They are to Pac12 (or were) what Kentucky is to the SEC in Basketball.

Yes. Riley was a big get. Riley will prolly revive their program but he left OU to get away from SEC. Now he’s going to Big 12.

USC went and hired a top 5 coach in the country with Riley but they will never have the resources, faculties, or standing that a revived Tennessee will. Riley will do well there but he still won’t solve the issues he had at OU and that was having success in the postseason playoff.

72.36% of this board when the name Lane Kiffin are mentioned
View attachment 502402[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]
Could be me if I learned Kiffin and Danny White were having a business lunch. Other than that, he doesn’t get much of a reaction from me. I just view him as (1) somewhat entertaining, (2) a pretty good football coach, and (3) a disloyal jerk who wrecked our football program.

Poor Lane, he really misses us. But most us us learned out lesson last time.
He saw that fan passion in the “Mustard” game last year and finally fully realized what he had given up. Seeing the video of the crowd in the Florida game and then especially that Bama game has to be very poignant to him now. That adoration and joy that Heupel had now could have all been his. Instead he is literally begging ole Miss fans to come to games and show a modicum of interest in the Program. He has a top 10 team but can’t even get a fraction of the fan interest that he had here.

"The Fans are the difference. Best fanbase in the World of Sports. Last Night proved that. Usc has never even sniffed anything that special." Guess you missed that part......

He saw that fan passion in the “Mustard” game last year and finally fully realized what he had given up. Seeing the video of the crowd in the Florida game and then especially that Bama game has to be very poignant to him now. That adoration and joy that Heupel had now could have all been his. Instead he is literally begging ole Miss fans to come to games and show a modicum of interest in the Program. He has a top 10 team but can’t even get a fraction of the fan interest that he had here.

I think Lane is in the best job for him given his professional career and his character shortcomings. Part of it is due to him getting older but his kids getting older too and he has to mature. Kiffin at Ole Miss reminds me of Dan Hawkins at Boise.

In a job with next to no national expectations but will likely win more games than the historical season average. I am not sure the finances part but Kiffin will likely be the coach of ole miss that finally gets some stadium expansion.

Now it could all be a ruse and Kiffin is just bidding time at Ole Miss until Saban retires but it seems with the resurgence of Tennessee, Ole Miss trending up with MsU, Saban starting to slip, Jimbo flopping on his face, Florida and LSU in the grey zone, and Auburn literally getting torched, there is going to be a realigning of top teams in the SEC. Ole miss has never had sustained success because it’s impossible to do that in Oxford with recruiting and NIL. However, Kiffin has used the portal like a pro. Kiffin and Heupel getting rolling is great for the SEC.

For too long, the SEC has been Saban and “let’s see which former assistant coach can take him on”…..

Kiffin falls in that category somewhat but also was a foe of his for one season here. I really think the SEC on verge of change. I pray for the soul who takes the Bama job after Saban. No way to keep up with his expectations immediately.

I’ll echo some other posters and say it’s probably his way of showing he likes us and no hard feelings on his part. I didn’t like it when Kiffin left and how he left. Having said that, other than a paycheck, he had no loyalty like we do to Tennessee. We’re either born into it or picked it and sticking with it for the rest of our lives. He operated within the four corners of that contract which, foolishly on Tennessee’s part, only limited him to what, a million dollar buy out?? Every USC booster could probably reach into their pocket and pull that out in cash. If USC was his “dream job”, then it was his dream job. He took it, didn’t violate one section of that contract and he was gone.

We expect every coach that comes in here to feel exactly the same way we do about this university. They don’t. It’s a business first and foremost. They may or may not fall in love with it and the fans, or they may just learn to like it, but it’s all business. Let’s not forget the people that got all this started and turned this program and university into a laughing stock. Hamilton, as fine of a man as people say he is, acquiesced to the powers that be, fired Fulmer and then hired Kiffin with a contract that benefitted Tennessee in no way. He made it EASY for Kiffin to up and leave. We know the rest of the culprits and situation that followed. So, I don’t hate Kiffin and while I appreciate some of his overtures to UT and the fans, I don’t really get wrapped up in any of it and I don’t hate the guy. I moved on a long time ago and Hype is doing a fantastic job. Kiffin was one of the cogs in the wheel of a program that became dysfunctional at the hands of others that were in charge at this university. He played the cards he was dealt. We should have had better dealers.

I’ll echo some other posters and say it’s probably his way of showing he likes us and no hard feelings on his part. I didn’t like it when Kiffin left and how he left. Having said that, other than a paycheck, he had no loyalty like we do to Tennessee. We’re either born into it or picked it and sticking with it for the rest of our lives. He operated within the four corners of that contract which, foolishly on Tennessee’s part, only limited him to what, a million dollar buy out?? Every USC booster could probably reach into their pocket and pull that out in cash. If USC was his “dream job”, then it was his dream job. He took it, didn’t violate one section of that contract and he was gone.

We expect every coach that comes in here to feel exactly the same way we do about this university. They don’t. It’s a business first and foremost. They may or may not fall in love with it and the fans or they may just learn to like it, but it’s all business. Let’s not forget the people that got all this started and turned this program and university into a laughing stock. Hamilton, as fine of a man as people say he is, acquiesced to the powers that be, fired Fulmer and then hired Kiffin with a contract that benefitted Tennessee in no way. He made it EASY for Kiffin to up and leave. We know the rest of the culprits and situation that followed. So, I don’t hate Kiffin and while I appreciate some of his overtures to UT and the fans, I don’t really get wrapped up in any of it and I don’t hate the guy. I moved on a long time ago and Hype is doing a fantastic job. Kiffin was one of the cogs in the wheel of a program that became dysfunctional at the hands of others that were in charge at this university. He played the cards he was dealt. We should have had better dealers.

I think everyone agrees how he left was the biggest issue of it all.... Timing wise he couldn't help that USC was turned down by like 7 other guys.

I 10000% believe had he to do it over, he wouldn't have bolted. However, it was dream job as you said. And if there was ever a time to leave for your dream job, doing it shortly after arriving at current job is prolly the best in his mind. With that said if the shoe was on the other foot and we had a coach who held Tennessee as his dream job, but resume wasn't built up yet and we had 5-7 guys turn us down, would anyone else be mad about plucking a coach one year into their job who had showed promise in that one season and held Tennessee as their "dream job"? Of course not. It just sucks we were on the sh!t end of it

We expect every coach that comes in here to feel exactly the same way we do about this university. They don’t. It’s a business first and foremost. They may or may not fall in love with it and the fans, or they may just learn to like it, but it’s all business. Let’s not forget the people that got all this started and turned this program and university into a laughing stock. Hamilton, as fine of a man as people say he is, acquiesced to the powers that be, fired Fulmer and then hired Kiffin with a contract that benefitted Tennessee in no way. He made it EASY for Kiffin to up and leave. We know the rest of the culprits and situation that followed. So, I don’t hate Kiffin and while I appreciate some of his overtures to UT and the fans, I don’t really get wrapped up in any of it and I don’t hate the guy. I moved on a long time ago and Hype is doing a fantastic job. Kiffin was one of the cogs in the wheel of a program that became dysfunctional at the hands of others that were in charge at this university. He played the cards he was dealt. We should have had better dealers.

Also one thing Kiffin said at USC was he was amazed how when he got the Tennessee job, we basically became the #1 person in the state given how the South takes their football seriously. I think that really shocked him. I know it would me at 33 years old.

At USC, the head coach is like ten thousandth most famous person in the area and even that is being generous.

I think everyone agrees how he left was the biggest issue of it all.... Timing wise he couldn't help that USC was turned down by like 7 other guys.

I 10000% believe had he to do it over, he wouldn't have bolted. However, it was dream job as you said. And if there was ever a time to leave for your dream job, doing it shortly after arriving at current job is prolly the best in his mind. With that said if the shoe was on the other foot and we had a coach who held Tennessee as his dream job, but resume wasn't built up yet and we had 5-7 guys turn us down, would anyone else be mad about plucking a coach one year into their job who had showed promise in that one season and held Tennessee as their "dream job"? Of course not. It just sucks we were on the sh!t end of it

Agreed. I think Lane could have been here as long as he wanted, would have been very successful and he knows it.

VN Store

Back