Lane Kiffin shares hilarious Nick Saban, mustard bottle meme after Tennessee's win over Alabama

Another missed the point.

Respectully....I get your point. Tennessee DOES have one of the greatest fanbases in college football.

But your post said that the USC program is "nowhere near" the program UT has. That's a bold statement that has to take into account a lot of things besides fanbase. And when you take into account those other things, the statement isn't true. That's all I was saying along with the other poster that offered a rebuttal

I don't disagree that Tennessee is a special place and a prestigious program. But if you went to a neutral region and talked college football with people who are knowledgeable and made that statement, there would be a lot of disagreement.

He saw that fan passion in the “Mustard” game last year and finally fully realized what he had given up. Seeing the video of the crowd in the Florida game and then especially that Bama game has to be very poignant to him now. That adoration and joy that Heupel had now could have all been his. Instead he is literally begging ole Miss fans to come to games and show a modicum of interest in the Program. He has a top 10 team but can’t even get a fraction of the fan interest that he had here.
I think he'd love to get back here. But there is basically no chance of that happening. Maybe he's trying to mend fences so he can retire in Knoxville.

But his comments about fan support in Oxford relate directly to us. When Tennessee wins at all, Neyland turns into an asylum. He's not had that anywhere else.

Reactions: posivol
I think he'd love to get back here. But there is basically no chance of that happening. Maybe he's trying to mend fences so he can retire in Knoxville.

But his comments about fan support in Oxford relate directly to us. When Tennessee wins at all, Neyland turns into an asylum. He's not had that anywhere else.
He is welcome to retire here, be a color analyst for UT, whatever. We will welcome him as a follower or fan. But he can never be VFL or be remembered as part of this program

Kidding is still a childish , unappreciative , jerk. Both Tennessee and Saban saved his career.

Yeah he sucks as a coach. Look what he has done with Ole Piss. Second year went 10-3 with a trip to the Sugar Bowl. This year undefeated and another trip to a major bowl. He brought old Piss back from the dead.

Respectully....I get your point. Tennessee DOES have one of the greatest fanbases in college football.

But your post said that the USC program is "nowhere near" the program UT has. That's a bold statement that has to take into account a lot of things besides fanbase. And when you take into account those other things, the statement isn't true. That's all I was saying along with the other poster that offered a rebuttal

I don't disagree that Tennessee is a special place and a prestigious program. But if you went to a neutral region and talked college football with people who are knowledgeable and made that statement, there would be a lot of disagreement.

I made a statement and clarified it. You looked for something and found it, when the post spoke for itself. That said, i'm going to be nice considering Saturday Night. Go Vols.

Kiffin's wishing for a Vol win has more to do with his team being in the West with AL. A loss could help him and his team. I don't think they can beat Bama but if they did Bama would have 2 losses and Ole Miss would be in the drivers seat. Nothing to do with Kiffin but I would love to see another team win the West besides Bama.

"The Fans are the difference. Best fanbase in the World of Sports. Last Night proved that. Usc has never even sniffed anything that special." Guess you missed that part......

True but your comment should have read USC doesn't have the atmosphere Tennessee has. You talked about program which is based of wins, championships, etc. Tennessee has won a lot of championships unfortunately.

Kiffin's wishing for a Vol win has more to do with his team being in the West with AL. A loss could help him and his team. I don't think they can beat Bama but if they did Bama would have 2 losses and Ole Miss would be in the drivers seat. Nothing to do with Kiffin but I would love to see another team win the West besides Bama.

A loss for Bama at Tennessee does zero to help Ole Miss. Just like a win does zero for us other than ending a streak. Its a cross division game. Bama losing to us does not put them behind anyone for the West Title as they still have to play all the remaining teams in the west. Just like winning vs Bama does nothing for us in the East. We still have to play UGA..... Just like Ole Miss still has to play Bama.

Seriously, Lane is the Kardashian of college football. Some sauce, no substance ( not “all sauce “ cause he lacks a thing called winning big games at big times). Stay classy, Lane.

I think Lane is in the best job for him given his professional career and his character shortcomings. Part of it is due to him getting older but his kids getting older too and he has to mature. Kiffin at Ole Miss reminds me of Dan Hawkins at Boise.

In a job with next to no national expectations but will likely win more games than the historical season average. I am not sure the finances part but Kiffin will likely be the coach of ole miss that finally gets some stadium expansion.

Now it could all be a ruse and Kiffin is just bidding time at Ole Miss until Saban retires but it seems with the resurgence of Tennessee, Ole Miss trending up with MsU, Saban starting to slip, Jimbo flopping on his face, Florida and LSU in the grey zone, and Auburn literally getting torched, there is going to be a realigning of top teams in the SEC. Ole miss has never had sustained success because it’s impossible to do that in Oxford with recruiting and NIL. However, Kiffin has used the portal like a pro. Kiffin and Heupel getting rolling is great for the SEC.

For too long, the SEC has been Saban and “let’s see which former assistant coach can take him on”…..

Kiffin falls in that category somewhat but also was a foe of his for one season here. I really think the SEC on verge of change. I pray for the soul who takes the Bama job after Saban. No way to keep up with his expectations immediately.
If Kiffin were to follow Saban at Bama, he would immediately be pining for other jobs, due to the fans being up his ass nonstop. I don’t think that’s something that he is built for. He needs to stay where he is and just accept that this is his peak. He is just good enough to keep them interesting, but they will never be a real threat to anybody. Him leading Alabama would not end well for anybody. He’s not even Hugh Freeze, let alone Nick Saban.

If Kiffin were to follow Saban at Bama, he would immediately be pining for other jobs, due to the fans being up his ass nonstop. I don’t think that’s something that he is built for. He needs to stay where he is and just accept that this is his peak. He is just good enough to keep them interesting, but they will never be a real threat to anybody. Him leading Alabama would not end well for anybody. He’s not even Hugh Freeze, let alone Nick Saban.

I’m not sure where Kiffin replacing Saban even came into the discussion….. it’s very clear Bama will fade once Saban retires. Whoever follows him will be doomed from the start. Dabo ain’t coming. Kirby ain’t coming…. Those are the only coaches in the country who could follow Saban at Bama and tell people to chill the F out. When Bama falls due to Saban’s retirement, the SEC west will rebalance. Right now the most promising schools are Ole Miss and Arkansas. I’d give honorable mention to MSU and Leach.

If Kiffin continues to build the program at Ole Miss, he could have an opportunity elevate into a period of above historical average success. Someone will have to fill the void if Bama falls after Saban retires. Auburn is trainwreck, jimbo is flopping…. Will be interesting decade to say the least.

True but your comment should have read USC doesn't have the atmosphere Tennessee has. You talked about program which is based of wins, championships, etc. Tennessee has won a lot of championships unfortunately.

Hope you feel better.....Them meds ain't penetrating that hard head. Go Vols.

I think he’s trying to make nice hoping he can get his old job back if Heupel left for Oklahoma or the NFL

A loss for Bama at Tennessee does zero to help Ole Miss. Just like a win does zero for us other than ending a streak. Its a cross division game. Bama losing to us does not put them behind anyone for the West Title as they still have to play all the remaining teams in the west. Just like winning vs Bama does nothing for us in the East. We still have to play UGA..... Just like Ole Miss still has to play Bama.
Bama losing to us gives them an SEC loss, which counts in the SEC West standings. That helps OM.

Bama losing to us gives them an SEC loss, which counts in the SEC West standings. That helps OM.

That literally does nothing to help Ole miss. They still have to play and Bama is undefeated in the West just like Ole Miss. Cross division games literally mean zero to division teams that have yet to play each other.

If Ole Miss beats Bama, they have the head to head and if they were to drop a game, they'd still have the head to head. Same thing if Ole Miss loses to Bama and they both win out. the head to head is onlything that matters to teams with 0 or 1 loss via cross division games.

VN Store

Back