Last December all of VN agreed this season would be VERY tough.

MedicT

Does anyone else remember the thread? :)

I think we need an official VN Psychologist. Anyone willing to take the position?

Reactions: 1 person
i would certainly diagnose everyone on here as bipolar from the highs and lows i have seen. possibly with dementia based on everyone just sort of forgetting we have very little talent and essentially no depth.

Reactions: 4 people
That was before "Butch Got It."

Hell, last week after beating WKU, half of these posters were predicting a UT win over Oregon, and were shocked the line went to -28.

Reality and this place have never met.

Reactions: 12 people
No I might try to be sued for malpractice after someone commits suicide on here.

Wasn't on VN then, but knew the schedule was going to not only be tough, but difficult to pull off a few wins. After the Jones hire and watching/learning, i know that wins or loses, CBJ will get us the most wins he can, all things considered. GBO!

Yes we all agree UT has a tough schedule, and yes we can agree that Butch Jones will get the program turned around.....eventually. But we have a long road ahead of us.

Reactions: 2 people
And we can all agree that what we saw this past Saturday does not remotely resemble what we expect to see of a football team that has Vols on its shirts, no matter how bad things have been in previous years. If Oregon wanted to they could have doubled the -28 oddsmakers' line and still won.

Is it our fault that we act disappointed when we discover that every game Tennessee plays is not a sure-fire victory?

I don't think we all agreed that the coaching staff would lay an egg against the first really good team they played.

Reactions: 2 people
Our fan base(or at least the fans on here) don't have a history of patience. We demolish 2 teams who are far less talented than us and people start predicting upsets. Then we get destroyed by maybe the most talented team in the country and the sky is falling.
Our past success has spoiled us. The last 5-6 years have been a disappointment, but we finally have a coach who has proven himself in college football. So the people on these boards need to chill out and realize that this year is going to be rough.

Reactions: 6 people
Everyone knew we had very little chance this season to compete with great teams; however, we have enough talent to not get beat by 40+ points. North is a star in the making at WR, we just have to find someone to get him the ball. The drops from the WRs have a lot to due with the fact there is no flow in our offense due to Worley's poor performances so far. Our O-Line can pass block as good as anyone, and did a pretty good job at run blocking at Oregon but Neal just had a horrible game IMO and Lane is just a power back with no true break away speed. The only thing that really bothered me Saturday was the lack of a true power formation on offense. I'm trusting CBJ for now, but throwing screen passes and lining four wide on 3rd and 1 just doesn't make any sense.

Yes we all agree UT has a tough schedule, and yes we can agree that Butch Jones will get the program turned around.....eventually. But we have a long road ahead of us.

We don't all agree anything of the sort concerning Jones. I like him. I want him to succeed as much as anyone here. But there is absolutely NO guarantee that he will get the program turned around. It is even less likely he'll get the chance if he doesn't prove that he can coach with the big boys within the first 3 years.

Silly us for forgetting we'd be clubbed like baby seals yet again, on the field of competition.

Woooo!

VN Store

Back