Last Night a Sign of the Times and Good for UT?

madbamahater

Before last night, Michigan's last title was 1997. With the Vols trending in the right direction and the future looking very promising, are we seeing the pendulum finally swing back? Things sometimes seem to be cyclical in college football.

Michigan's past 20 years + of football have arguably been worse than UTs, prior to Harbaugh's success. For the record Michigan is scared to play the Vols. The last time they couldn't avoid us (like they have when we've wanted to schedule them during seasons) was the Citris Bowl for the epic beat down they got from the Vols.

I am looking forward to the Vols seeing Michigan in a playoff game this coming season and handling business.....

Last edited:
Unfortunately nothing will happen to them and unless Harbaugh leaves, they are here to stay for a while. So, just gotta beat that ass on the field and I'd love for the Vols to face them after the 24 season in playoffs
Bullhockey!!!

Maybe wrong thinking but I don’t mind Michigan winning. Don’t like them but don’t mind someone besides Bama or UGA winning the championship. The playoffs will bring more attention to teams who can be in top 12 and recruit to that. Also, all sec teams now playing pretty equal tough slate and not just Vols and Auburn playing two toughest teams helps us. Believe all of this, along with what I think is an upwards trend for Vols next few years with Nico puts us in a really good spot for our relevance in SEC and national picture.

Michigan's past 20 years + of football have arguably been worse than UTs, prior to Harbaugh's success. For the record Michigan is scared to play the Vols.
IDK about that my friend, we've been really bad the last 20 years or so. I think sometimes some of y'all forget as a defense mechanism. If you look just at 2000 to 2020, which would exclude Michigan's 40-3 run the last 3 years, they are 168-91 whereas we are 149-113. We did whip on them in the Citrus in 2001 though, that team was mad about losing to SECCG to LSU and made pelts out of those Wolverines.

IDK about that my friend, we've been really bad the last 20 years or so. I think sometimes some of y'all forget as a defense mechanism. If you look just at 2000 to 2020, which would exclude Michigan's 40-3 run the last 3 years, they are 168-91 whereas we are 149-113. We did whip on them in the Citrus in 2001 though, that team was mad about losing to SECCG to LSU and made pelts out of those Wolverines.
Michigan had a slightly better record than the Vols prior to Harbaugh's last 3 seasons, but look at who they play vs who the Vols have had to play year in and year out.... Imagine those same Michigan teams playing UTs schedules....

Michigan had a slightly better record than the Vols prior to Harbaugh's last 3 seasons, but look at who they play vs who the Vols have had to play year in and year out.... Imagine those same Michigan teams playing UTs schedules....
Mich schedule in fall of 2024 gets significantly upgraded. I can see several losses depending on who’s at QB and, if new, how well they manage the game. Good for them… now play a real season.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
19 more wins is alot. I bet we'd get alot of objections on here if someone said the Vols 149-113 mark from 2000 to 2020 was only "slightly better" than Minnesota's 131-127 or Ole Miss's 128-127.

Last Night a Sign of the Times and Good for UT?​

tenor.gif
....believe me...I'm REALLY trying to see the connection...

I know I'm tired of seeing other shcools win it all while we are home watching it. Frustrating.

So did then cheating cause Bama's to not know how to snap a ball or Washington's OL not know how to block?
That argument will never stop being silly. What any team, other than Michigan, did is irrelevant to whether Michigan cheated or not. It's like blaming your car's brakes for a crash caused by someone running a stop sign in front of you.

So did then cheating cause Bama's to not know how to snap a ball or Washington's OL not know how to block?
That’s got to be the dumbest comment I’ve seen in a while. Yea, cheating didn’t help them get to that point huh?🙄

Before last night, Michigan's last title was 1997. With the Vols trending in the right direction and the future looking very promising, are we seeing the pendulum finally swing back? Things sometimes seem to be cyclical in college football.

Michigan's past 20 years + of football have arguably been worse than UTs, prior to Harbaugh's success. For the record Michigan is scared to play the Vols. The last time they couldn't avoid us (like they have when we've wanted to schedule them during seasons) was the Citris Bowl for the epic beat down they got from the Vols.

I am looking forward to the Vols seeing Michigan in a playoff game this coming season and handling business.....
This outcome is almost perfect. Bama and UGA are denied and the ultimate winner is tainted beyond repair. Throw out this season. There will forever be an asterisk.

Michigan's '97 NC was a joke, too -- the last media-crowned mythical national title. And Woodson with his media-hyped Heisman. Everyone knows the truth. Even them.

What it does show is that the most successful coaches don’t always have their programs turned around by their 3rd year in this era, which I’ve heard whispered about Heupel in negative connotations. Take out all the drama and allegations regarding Harbaugh, and look at his record. He went 10-3 in his 2nd year and 8-5 in his 3rd year. They were always solid under Harbaugh except for the COVID season, but it took 4 years 7 years before his program ascended. At Stanford, his 2nd year was more successful than his 3rd, which was average, before a massive year 4.

Unfortunately nothing will happen to them and unless Harbaugh leaves, they are here to stay for a while. So, just gotta beat that ass on the field and I'd love for the Vols to face them after the 24 season in playoffs
He has already been punished, let him coach. They got caught doing what everyone is doing

Reactions: mickey1969

VN Store

Back