Last Night a Sign of the Times and Good for UT?

Before last night, Michigan's last title was 1997. With the Vols trending in the right direction and the future looking very promising, are we seeing the pendulum finally swing back? Things sometimes seem to be cyclical in college football.

Michigan's past 20 years + of football have arguably been worse than UTs, prior to Harbaugh's success. For the record Michigan is scared to play the Vols. The last time they couldn't avoid us (like they have when we've wanted to schedule them during seasons) was the Citris Bowl for the epic beat down they got from the Vols.

I am looking forward to the Vols seeing Michigan in a playoff game this coming season and handling business.....
They will have our signals

Reactions: semovol
IMO with all the other stuff set aside, last night showed that you still need a strong stout defense. Michigan out Alabama’ed Alabama last week and neutered Washington last night. Just playing fast on offense won’t get it done.

Reactions: mickey1969
Before last night, Michigan's last title was 1997. With the Vols trending in the right direction and the future looking very promising, are we seeing the pendulum finally swing back? Things sometimes seem to be cyclical in college football.

Michigan's past 20 years + of football have arguably been worse than UTs, prior to Harbaugh's success. For the record Michigan is scared to play the Vols. The last time they couldn't avoid us (like they have when we've wanted to schedule them during seasons) was the Citris Bowl for the epic beat down they got from the Vols.

I am looking forward to the Vols seeing Michigan in a playoff game this coming season and handling business.....
their last undisputed NC was 79 years ago.

Screen Shot 2024-01-09 at 09.18.59.png

This outcome is almost perfect. Bama and UGA are denied and the ultimate winner is tainted beyond repair. Throw out this season. There will forever be an asterisk.

Michigan's '97 NC was a joke, too -- the last media-crowned mythical national title. And Woodson with his media-hyped Heisman. Everyone knows the truth. Even them.
Did you know that no other defensive player has won the Hypeman since Woodson? The Hypeman Cmte realized they screwed up and decided to change their philosophy regarding players winning the trophy.

Reactions: Voltopia
That’s got to be the dumbest comment I’ve seen in a while. Yea, cheating didn’t help them get to that point huh?🙄
Wait. So they were good enough to whip Bama and Washington yet weren't good enough to beat the Iowas and other trash Big10 teams?
LOL talk about a dumb comment.

Reactions: NCFisher
Tennessee's success completely relies on Tennessee. You could argue for certain factors affecting it, but at the end of the day, we have to take advantage of the opportunity and overcome adversity.

Reactions: Easyriders
That

I am looking forward to the Vols seeing Michigan in a playoff game this coming season and handling business....
That bowl beating we gave them was the most lopsided beating they had endured in scholl history at the time...IIRC

Reactions: feathersax
I'm not sure if yesterday's game means anything. I don't think that Michigan team runs the table in a 12 team playoff. They were fortunate to dodge competition with their cupcake schedule and playing in what proved to be another overrated Big 10.

I'm not sure how good it's for UT, but it's good for me. I was so glad to see a championship game that didn't have an SEC team in it.

Reactions: DarkVolder
Michigan last won it all in 1997. Who won it all the next year? Tennessee. So I guess we can start celebrating now.
Michigan fans were ticked at our Vols that year too. They blamed Nebraska's blowout of us in the Orange Bowl that year for their having to share that title

Every team cheats, get over it.

I’d rather Michigan win one than watch Alabama (the best cheaters in ncaa history) win another.
I agree about AL but Michigan’s cheating may have cost TN a shot last year. There’s some smoke to the allegation that MI shared scouting info with opponents of TN.

Reactions: VolDave53
I agree about AL but Michigan’s cheating may have cost TN a shot last year. There’s some smoke to the allegation that MI shared scouting info with opponents of TN.
NEWS FLASH !!! Everybody cheats in some form or fashion. What’s the NCAA going to do anyway, absolutely NOTHING. These power schools run the show now . NCAA is irrelevant in the Football arena now. IRRELEVANT.

Even if true, and I know the game would've unfolded differently, Hooker still got hurt. Then Georgia REALLY blows them out instead of a nice Orange bowl win.

Reactions: TheFlash1971

Even if true, and I know the game would've unfolded differently, Hooker still got hurt. Then Georgia REALLY blows them out instead of a nice Orange bowl win.
TCU is the team that costs us a shot. They lose one of the 7 close games they played and we play Michigan or Georgia, or OSU. But without Hooker so glad we didn’t make it. Joe Milton wasn’t beating any of those 3 .

VN Store

Back