Last Night a Sign of the Times and Good for UT?

Honestly this helps Tennessee by another SEC team not winning the NC in my opinion. All of this Bama and Georgia love does not help Tennessee. I’ve never understood this “let’s pull for the sec”
1000%. I’m a little more into the sec thing in basketball. Not in football. Generally I have no interest in rooting for a sec team to elevate their programs. Mattress burning by competitors brings me joy 🥲

Reactions: Flipdaddy
1000%. I’m a little more into the sec thing in basketball. Not in football. Generally I have no interest in rooting for a sec team to elevate their programs. Mattress burning by competitors brings me joy 🥲
Are there a few sec teams that I don’t dislike? Sure. I like LSU for their culture of Cajun food and the party atmosphere. I like Auburn for their country type atmosphere. I’ve always liked Texas for their Big Texas attitudes and their cheerleaders wear chaps.

Other than that…buck fama, their tradition is second to none but their fans are complete garbage. Now Florida? Other than their redneck fans base, I respect their program because they are winners, let’s just be honest. They own us because our athletic department has allowed it. The rest of the sec? Not worth mentioning. I pull for EVERYBODY to lose if it helps Tennessee.

Tennessee is just different. The Smokies, The Tennessee River running through campus, historic Neyland, fireworks, our unique orange, Vol Navy, checkerboards, Smokey, ROCKY TOP!!!, the Torchbearer, the Circle drill, Coach Summit and THE POWER T!!!! No other college has this many unique appealing qualities…it’s just different and I love it!!!!

Hmmmm, Michigan 26 Iowa 0 Dec 2 ------Tennessee 35 Iowa 0 Jan 1 ------- Is there a message there? With a new freshman QB? It could have been 42-zip if we hadn't taken a knee. So who is the better team??????

their last undisputed NC was 79 years ago.

View attachment 608463
Well done, Dave! This is what I shared in a previous post. Their last undisputed championship was in 1948. Some will continue to argue that even after last night, there last undisputed championship was still 1948. TBH, the table above doesn’t look like a blue blood program to me. Most of their success was before players wore helmets. Outside of 97 and 23 what have they done post 1950 to justify blue blood status. I hate Ohio State too, but they have real titles to back up their status. If you call Michigan a blue blood, can’t you all call Tennessee a blue blood? Especially if you include our pre 1950 results. We have 2 consensus championships + a few more split Nattys post 1950 - better than Michigan during that period.

Reactions: VolDave53
TCU is the team that costs us a shot. They lose one of the 7 close games they played and we play Michigan or Georgia, or OSU. But without Hooker so glad we didn’t make it. Joe Milton wasn’t beating any of those 3 .
Seeing what the CFP committee did to FSU makes it hard to pin that one on TCU. They let Saban campaign at halftime of the conference championship games to get in the playoffs.

Committee would have screwed us over, just like they did FSU.

Michigan's past 20 years + of football have arguably been worse than UTs,

IDK about that my friend, we've been really bad the last 20 years or so.
How bad was Butch Jones? Brady Hoke ended up our interim HC and thought he was auditioning for the job.

Not a good end of the stick to grab in this comparison, but ours was worse.

Reactions: OllVol
I agree about AL but Michigan’s cheating may have cost TN a shot last year. There’s some smoke to the allegation that MI shared scouting info with opponents of TN.
They must have supplied the Really Really good stuff to South Carolina.

I agree about AL but Michigan’s cheating may have cost TN a shot last year. There’s some smoke to the allegation that MI shared scouting info with opponents of TN.
I haven't seen anything remotely valid in this regard. I'm persuadable, but it seems like a bunch of self-serving speculation based on what I've seen to date.

VN Store

Back