Last UT QB who stared down his WRs through the whole route??

I fully get your point! I even said in my post that many (not me) WERE calling for Branndon Stewart to play. This isn’t new. Find one post where I “bash” Nico. You won’t because there aren’t any. I have never called for him to be pulled and he is our QB no matter what happens and I fully support him. All I did was correct your errors (around PM) in proving your point in comparing Nico to PM. Mostly about tying the entire W/L record to PM.

Then also saying it’s not a 1:1 comparison. Redshirt rules are different. Back then you couldn’t play half a season and retain a redshirt. That whole extra year makes a difference. If Peyton had been here a whole year before being made the starter, he likely would have performed better. But we‘ll never know. If “pumping up Peyton” translates into “bashing Nico” in your mind, then maybe you shouldn’t open the door by comparing him to a HOF. That’s not fair to Nico. I “get” the full careers are yet to play out but like I said, that’s a HUGE hill to climb.

PM is my favorite Vol of all time. I get annoyed when people say crap like “he went 0-4” against FL.“. No, he only started 3 games and those FL teams were all top 4 or better. ”Tee is better because he won a NC”. How many would PM have won with THAT defense? “Peyton went 8-4 he freshman year”. No, the TEAM did. He went, 7-1 and basically “righted the ship”.

Don’t presume to tell me what I would have done with PM because I supported him through every snap of his entire career. Don’t tell me to continue to bash our players because I don’t bash our players. Like I said in my post, I would LOVE for Nico to have or exceed the career PM did. The jury is definitely out and let’s just let Nico be Nico without bringing PM into the discussion…..
Good response. We each have our reasons for feeling the way we do. We are not going to change the mind of either. My point is I actually look at each player as their own player. I support whomever is there. I will criticize when it is due, but most on here have an opinion and they are constantly looking for "proof" they are right. My hypothesis is that he will get over the shell shock status and thrive. If he does, I will support him. If he doesn't, I will support him as long as he is on the field. The boo birds from our "fans" when the play calling was conservative backed up against our own end zone are the types of "fans" that put me in this argumentative state. Rebut if you like, but I am finished with this interesting discussion.

Nico looks like an amateur at best. I hate to say it but he does. Are we talking Gaurtermo? Compton? It’s been a while since we’ve had a QB literally lock eyes with every guy he’s gonna throw it to this consistently.

He’s got a chance to be really good come his senior year, but it ain’t as guaranteed as people think it. Dude plays like a 7on7 qb

EDIT: Please stop calling him a freshman quarterback! Dude was here all last year. UF however did have a true freshman QB that gave us the business and prolly didn’t cost 8 mil
Pure drivel.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Good response. We each have our reasons for feeling the way we do. We are not going to change the mind of either. My point is I actually look at each player as their own player. I support whomever is there. I will criticize when it is due, but most on here have an opinion and they are constantly looking for "proof" they are right. My hypothesis is that he will get over the shell shock status and thrive. If he does, I will support him. If he doesn't, I will support him as long as he is on the field. The boo birds from our "fans" when the play calling was conservative backed up against our own end zone are the types of "fans" that put me in this argumentative state. Rebut if you like, but I am finished with this interesting discussion.
We are all our own people. We are entitled to “fan the way we want to fan”.

Really the ONLY thing I take umbridge with in this entire discussion is you telling me how I “would have treated PM” (I was THERE and treated him like a hero) and to keep bashing players when I never have. Least of all in this discussion.

Players shouldn’t be bashed (but not immune from criticism) nor should fellow fans. Dialogue can remain respectful.

Nico looks like an amateur at best. I hate to say it but he does. Are we talking Gaurtermo? Compton? It’s been a while since we’ve had a QB literally lock eyes with every guy he’s gonna throw it to this consistently.

He’s got a chance to be really good come his senior year, but it ain’t as guaranteed as people think it. Dude plays like a 7on7 qb

EDIT: Please stop calling him a freshman quarterback! Dude was here all last year. UF however did have a true freshman QB that gave us the business and prolly didn’t cost 8 mil
How long did it take you to come Up with new material?

I agree wholeheartedly! The best QB's can throw with anticipation. Nico cannot. We were way oversold as to how good he is. Unfortunately, his play the last two games gives me flashbacks to the nightmarish time of Gitmo at QB. His accuracy and decision making are highly suspect. I hope he can improve and develop the ability to anticipate and throw guys open, but the truly great QB's have that more as an inate ability.

You got your wish, amateur.
So were a good number of combat inexperienced officers thrust into commanding units during battle. You see, your narrow view of "amateur" is based on dollars they get. Mine is based on their direct experience with what they are tasked to do. Ask any real soldier how many of their "privileged" officers in command due to their affluence were worth a dayum. But never mind, some people are too egocentric to see beyond their own nose. On account, it's held up so high, only the sky is visible.
Really ?thanks , I’ll be checking my mailbox for the arrival of the million dollar check your sending

VN Store

Back