Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I would argue regular vigorous exercise is more important than diet.
In truth to be healthy you really can't just pick one and think you've got it covered despite having some overlap. Having said that there's a long standing axiom which (with various phrasing) states "You can't exercise your way out of a bad diet.". For the vast majority of people the caloric deficit brought about by even a pretty good workout regimen falls short of what anyone would describe as a "bad" diet. The biggest problem is how freakishly easy it is to overdo things. To put a face on it a Big Mac combo with only medium fries and regular soda is over 1100 calories.

Obviously if you get way up the ladder to people that are genuine "athletes" and can require high caloric loads just to maintain then the margin for error will be greater.

I agree. Type 2 diabetes runs in my family but so does poor eating habits and obesity younger diabetics say well I can just take more insulin.
My diabetic pt when they ask for 4 grape juices,
You shouldn’t be drinking so much pure sucrose.
I’ll just take more insulin.
😳 I think you are missing the point.

On the diet vs exercise front:

Anyone who doubts should get a running or cardio app and run that for a normal workout. Then, Google carb calories for a big sweet tea, average fast food meal, etc.

80-90% diet. 10-20% exercise. (Unless you are training for serious competition like a marathon).

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
On the diet vs exercise front:

Anyone who doubts should get a running or cardio app and run that for a normal workout. Then, Google carb calories for a big sweet tea, average fast food meal, etc.

80-90% diet. 10-20% exercise. (Unless you are training for serious competition like a marathon).
( Not in my lifetime )

Who needs enemies with friends like this?

View attachment 638084

There is a parallel to what you posted here in medical nutrition. We have nutrition in a bottle that we give to pts who are intubated. The diabetic version is loaded with carbohydrates, so much so we have to give them insulin for hyperglycemia every 6 hours. The non diabetic version contains less carbs. It’s beyond me why we load people up on carbs who are diabetic. Yes they are on insulin at home, they need a consistent carb to keep insulin from putting them into a diabetic coma should they misdose themselves. In the hospital we don’t need to do that but for some crazy reason (money) we do.

there it is..**** makes me so mad.

The sad thing is we have known this to be true for 3 years now and not a dang thing will be done to hold these unelected beurocrats accountable!! I was pissed about this back in 2021 but I've finally gotten to a point where I'm just tired of being pissed and I'm over it. My conclusion is the world has always had evil people who do evil things and a lot of times these evil people seek positions of power.
#ISAYHANGEMALL

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back