LB Keenan Pili is expected to return to Tennessee!!

Huge for the defense next year. Pili, Carter, Telander will be ok. Herring ain't it. Hopefully some of the other young guys will develop and be ready for meaningful snaps

Reactions: HighRockvol
Mays - Yes!
Spraggins - Yes!
Mincey - ehhh
I'm thinking Mincey needs to slide inside for his final season. Don't think he has a professional future at OT... Would be cool to see:

LT: Campbell
LG: Mincey
C: Mays
RG: Spraggins
RT: Seaton/Warren

But I'd be surprised if Spraggins comes back. The last projection I saw had him going in the 2nd round, but he is short by NFL standards so I could see him sliding down draft boards a bit.

Huge for the defense next year. Pili, Carter, Telander will be ok. Herring ain't it. Hopefully some of the other young guys will develop and be ready for meaningful snaps
Can someone help me understand what all these Telander>Herring comments are about? Herring is the one who led the team in tackles...

Can someone help me understand what all these Telander>Herring comments are about? Herring is the one who led the team in tackles...
Mostly assisted tackles which means he was involved in gang tackles. He was out of position alllll season long on run fits and beat in coverage. Currently too slow for our level of play.

Mostly assisted tackles which means he was involved in gang tackles. He was out of position alllll season long on run fits and beat in coverage. Currently too slow for our level of play.

^ This...he could bounce back but he was often making tackles 6-8 yards down field and was in the rear view mirror of the ball carrier.

Reactions: EastTNVol423
Him, Carter and Telander should provide some really solid depth.

Seems like guys want to stay and play here. Good sign of the culture

Depth??? This guy is a starter that can play sideline to sideline.

Him, Carter and Telander should provide some really solid depth.

Seems like guys want to stay and play here. Good sign of the culture
Agree...people stay more when the culture is good, and they weren't sold a bill of goods when they were recruited. Hate to say it, but you'd think UGA would have alot bailing for playing time, but there's something besides just winning that they are staying. We're not where they are, but seems like culture is good, which is a foundational part of having long term success.

Think the knock some have on Herring is his lack of pass coverage ability. Schrader from Missouri in particular just took his lunch money. I like Herring as a run stopper and he's just a sophomore so I haven't given up on him getting better in coverage. Apparently some have.

Yeah I root for all players and hate bashing but I don’t think herring has the speed to play sec ILB but he is a down hill thumper… would like to see smith develop I was real high on him outta high school and I think perry will be a good player as well… between those 6 we should have really good LB play…

Reactions: EastTNVol423
We better go ahead and get the paperwork in to the NCAA. Otherwise they won’t be able to make a decision before September comes.
wake-me-up-when-september-ends.gif

This is good news, but only if he can stay healthy. He does us no good sitting on the sideline.
Not trying to be disagreeable but everyone I've heard talk about the LB room RAVED over Pili and his work with all the young talent and his influence on their understanding. IIRC wasn't he making our defensive calls before his injury? Certainly it WOULD be huge if he's healthy enough to play all season. Leadership is out the roof.

Think the knock some have on Herring is his lack of pass coverage ability. Schrader from Missouri in particular just took his lunch money. I like Herring as a run stopper and he's just a sophomore so I haven't given up on him getting better in coverage. Apparently some have.
Its mostly the lack of speed. He can't cover the back out of backfield.

Not trying to be disagreeable but everyone I've heard talk about the LB room RAVED over Pili and his work with all the young talent and his influence on their understanding. IIRC wasn't he making our defensive calls before his injury? Certainly it WOULD be huge if he's healthy enough to play all season. Leadership is out the roof.
He was considered by some, including Austin Price, to be our best player on defense during pre-season. This of course was before James Pearce Jr went berserk.

VN Store

Back