LB Keenan Pili is expected to return to Tennessee!!

Herring was put in a bad position late in the year after Carter got hurt and ended up in a mismatch a lot so now everyone thinks he sucks
He did but he has time. He can not play in space and frequently lost his assignment. His eye discipline is not good. We have better players

Think the knock some have on Herring is his lack of pass coverage ability. Schrader from Missouri in particular just took his lunch money. I like Herring as a run stopper and he's just a sophomore so I haven't given up on him getting better in coverage. Apparently some have.

Herring will get better imo, but Pili is a veteran all conference player.

We better go ahead and get the paperwork in to the NCAA. Otherwise they won’t be able to make a decision before September comes.
I we get Nick Saban to sign it they will approve it immediately - they are scared of Nick!

Yeah I root for all players and hate bashing but I don’t think herring has the speed to play sec ILB but he is a down hill thumper… would like to see smith develop I was real high on him outta high school and I think perry will be a good player as well… between those 6 we should have really good LB play…
I would love to see Smith come along. I think Perry will be solid.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Can someone help me understand what all these Telander>Herring comments are about? Herring is the one who led the team in tackles...
Telander is faster and shows more upside overall. Looked better as a true freshman than Herring did as a true sophomore. Glad to have them both and see how they improve from this year to next.

Wants to improve his draft stock as, obviously, he didn't play.

Great news for the Vols.

Herring will get better imo, but Pili is a veteran all conference player.
Could he possibly become an edge rusher, or his speed a limitation there? Sure would be great to put him somewhere he could be an asset.

He did but he has time. He can not play in space and frequently lost his assignment. His eye discipline is not good. We have better players
I'm not saying he's our best either of course just that he is a great run stopper who plays hard and shouldn't be attacked for being forced to step into a bigger role than he's ready for due to injury. Kid had 76 tackles this year off the bench! If he can get a step quicker and work on his pass coverage he'll be a rich man

VN Store

Back