LB @ RB square off video

Clemvolsince54

Old Geezer
6 min. practice video from Tuesday .LB @ RB square off

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwuGmuGjMds&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I know it's early, but dang, I sure hope we don't have to rely on #52 to tackle anyone anytime soon...

Reactions: 2 people
I'm glad its spring practice ... seems the LB and secondary still needs more work on the man on man. I don't know if that was from a really talented receiver and running back group or the Def is just not ready.

Good stuff. Am I getting ahead of myself here by thinking Young might be a pleasant surprise at slot receiver?

Reactions: 4 people
Didn't see any stand out plays in that video. Wish I would have seen sethig that made me say wow.

Please tell me those were mostly walk-ons and EE's participating in the 1 on 1 drills. The tackling was atrocious. 52 & 53 need work.

Technique must be demonstrated and practiced to perfect. But, I get what you are saying.

those looked like TE's or big rb's moving straight ahead. I don't think that it was a standard tackling drill, if you know what I mean. Maybe a drill to see who can pop with leverage

I don't know that the coaches want our lb's going down at the thighs and knees of our own players right now

^^this^^

We are too thin in most positions to take a chance on a helmet making contact with an ACL right now, if you know what I mean.....

Didn't see any stand out plays in that video. Wish I would have seen sethig that made me say wow.

I see what your saying, but that much space one on one I was impressed. The runner has a huge advantage. I would guess this drill was more about toughness. The backs and tacklers all stayed high. Loved the get up get up after every play.

QB's looked rough. TD passes to wide open croom and Harris missed big. It's only spring though. I think Worley will slowly take over the job.

Looks like the RB's ran all over the LB's. I did not see one running back go backwards at the point of contact. Not good.

Either we have some of the fastest receivers in the country or we have some of the slowest db's in the country. I pray it's the former.

One coach is yelling "hold him hold him" then, at the same time another coach is yelling "the play is over".. "you won". That doesn't sound like controlled chaos to me, just sounds like chaos.

I know it's early, but dang, I sure hope we don't have to rely on #52 to tackle anyone anytime soon...

Please tell me those were mostly walk-ons and EE's participating in the 1 on 1 drills. The tackling was atrocious. 52 & 53 need work.

Unless he has changed numbers, 52 is Christian Harris. I sure hope he was just having a bad day, because he actually looked scared to take a hit in that video. Maybe he's just shying away from contact coming off the ACL injury. I sure hope he gets it together, because I was expecting big things from him this year.

Last edited:
Unless he has changed numbers, 52 is Christian Harris. I sure hope he was just having a bad day, because he actually looked scared to take a hit in that video. Maybe he's just shying away from contact coming off the ACL injury. I sure hope he gets it together, because I was expecting big things from him this year.

He'll never see the field

VN Store

Back