Les Miles

and Houston Nutt showed a lot of class by having the qb take a knee on the last play of the game.

Les Miles... did a better job with Oklahoma State than Mike Leach did with Texas Tech up until this year.

Look at their records during the time Les was there. Pretty much the same. OSU was worse off when he took over.
I have looked at their records. Les Miles might well have performed as well as Leach, but not better. Miles was also 1-2 in bowl games (over 4 years) at OSU. The team was getting worse when he left (his players) and they were blown out in their bowl game.

Leach, on the other hand, steadily improved over his first four seasons, then hit a plateau for a few seasons, until this season.

Les Miles coaching record with his Seniors is 14-9.

Mike Leach's record with his Seniors is 52-21.

I have looked at their records. Les Miles might well have performed as well as Leach, but not better. Miles was also 1-2 in bowl games (over 4 years) at OSU. The team was getting worse when he left (his players) and they were blown out in their bowl game.

Leach, on the other hand, steadily improved over his first four seasons, then hit a plateau for a few seasons, until this season.

Les Miles coaching record with his Seniors is 14-9.

Mike Leach's record with his Seniors is 52-21.

I said he did a better job, not performed better. I consider taking a team to 9 wins that was coming off of 4 consecutive losing seasons a better job than what Leach did at Texas Tech from 2000-2007.

Anyway, the point was that Leach hasn't managed to do anything Les Miles couldn't do. Many posters consider Miles an incompetent moron and praise Leach as a genius and savior.

Last edited:
Anyway, the point was that Leach hasn't managed to do anything Les Miles couldn't do. Many posters consider Miles an incompetent moron and praise Leach as a genius and savior.
Les Miles ~ Larry Coker

Leach has managed to do something that Les Miles has never proven he can do: recruit and win.

Again, Les Miles is 14-9 with his Seniors. That is pretty telling, IMO.

Les Miles ~ Larry Coker

Leach has managed to do something that Les Miles has never proven he can do: recruit and win.

Again, Les Miles is 14-9 with his Seniors. That is pretty telling, IMO.

Leach has managed to do that once in 9 years. Les Miles has brought in plenty of good recruits. He may well pull off another 11 win season in the next couple of years.

All I can say is LSU is looking very average. Under all the smoke and mirrors this season is the lack of leadership and coaching. I understand no leadership considering all the players that they lost last year but if Miles is the coach everyone says he is then LSU would not be so average. Also, I have always said that Les Miles is nothing special ever since the '05 season when Tennessee came back to beat them. LSU is on the decline.

All I can say is LSU is looking very average. Under all the smoke and mirrors this season is the lack of leadership and coaching. I understand no leadership considering all the players that they lost last year but if Miles is the coach everyone says he is then LSU would not be so average. Also, I have always said that Les Miles is nothing special ever since the '05 season when Tennessee came back to beat them. LSU is on the decline.

LSU is only a decent QB away from being right in the middle of the SEC race. They have nobody down there to distribute the ball with any consistency to compete. LSU on the decline? Right...

LSU is only a decent QB away from being right in the middle of the SEC race. They have nobody down there to distribute the ball with any consistency to compete. LSU on the decline? Right...

QB is not the only problem on the Great Les Miles team. LSU on the decline. Correct....

Ya their QB issues have been pretty much as bad as UT's. I think that has played a huge role in their abysmal season this year (which oddly is still tons better than UT's has been). Their defense hasn't been as stellar as LSU teams in the past, but they would have been good enough if their quarter back would learn that LSU team colors are NOT orange and blue, red and black, blue and white, ect. You aren't going to win many games if you can only manage to score 10-14 points a game... not in this day and age.

you can boil TN, Aub, LSU down to one basic commonality........no consistency at the qb position.

teams with better qbs this year in the SEC are the teams that are winning.

Miles is no Saban, agreed, but not having a bonafied qb killed LSU this year. as it did Aub and TN.

VN Store

Back