Les Miles

I'm having this same argument with an LSU fan on another site, and they're actually arguing that Saban was holding LSU back, and that Miles alone was the reason for their success over the past four years since Saban's departure.
The only reason this didn't happen last year was that he lived a charmed existence with all those 4th down calls he made.

The only reason this didn't happen last year was that he lived a charmed existence with all those 4th down calls he made.
That is what happens when your team is far more talented than everyone else. He wasn't a great gambler, he was someone who usually converted big plays because his team was better than everyone elses.

Also, the call to throw for the endzone against Auburn was stupid, and I'm not sure Miles even watched the clock on that one.

Also, the call to throw for the endzone against Auburn was stupid, and I'm not sure Miles even watched the clock on that one.

That was when you knew they were charmed. That was without a doubt the dumbest clock management decision I have ever seen anybody get away with.

I knew Les Miles wasn't the sharpest tack the first time I saw him on the LSU sideline in Tiger Stadium and he was wearing this headset...
Les_Miles_with_wimpy_microphone.gif

. . . fine if you are Britney Spears, but probably not the most reliable means of noise reduction when playing in front of 90,000 drunk Cajuns.

...and while they still got the trophy in the end, it came with two freaking losses. Not so sure we're going to see too many more two-loss national champions.

Also, they beat an OSU team with no business being there. And they had what was essentially a home game. And last year was just a down year in college football. I don't think they would be able to stop some of the teams from this year.

VN Store

Back