Live from New York, it's....Peyton Manning?

Again, it's a matter of opinion. Chris Farley made me laugh too. I'll never get the image of his "living in a van, down by the river" character out of mind.

Sir, have you seen the Matt Foley el spanol version? The one where he talks to a couple Spanish kids? I can't find it on YouTube but just try to find it. Hilarious.

Sir, have you seen the Matt Foley el spanol version? The one where he talks to a couple Spanish kids? I can't find it on YouTube but just try to find it. Hilarious.
I'll see what I can dig up. My favorite SNL skit of recent years was "Nick Burns, your company's computer guy."

I am El Nino, All other Tropical Storms bow down before EL NINO. El Nino is Spanish for.......The NINO.

Classic. God I miss him.

The skit with Will Ferrel and Rachel Dratch in the hot tub talking about how they are "LUUUVAZ" always made me laugh. I don't know why. I usually don't get down like that but Ferrel man, comedic genius.

Equally as funny as the dialog, in those skits, is Fallon's constant, rapid typing while explaining his work.
Yep. Love your avatar and signature by the way.

FYI - No Country for Old Men is coming out this summer. Can't wait to see it.

I'll admit I haven't watched SNL in about a year. The last time I did, the Weekend Update girls kept looking at the camera and laughing at their own jokes. Needless to say, the jokes weren't even mildly funny, and the cockiness was just irritating. I really can't stand Tina Fey. She seems to have a very high opinion of her own humor, which is totally unwarranted. I suppose the show might be better nowadays. That wouldn't be a difficult level to reach.

I'll admit I haven't watched SNL in about a year. The last time I did, the Weekend Update girls kept looking at the camera and laughing at their own jokes. Needless to say, the jokes weren't even mildly funny, and the cockiness was just irritating. I really can't stand Tina Fey. She seems to have a very high opinion of her own humor, which is totally unwarranted. I suppose the show might be better nowadays. That wouldn't be a difficult level to reach.
It does seem to be on the up and up now that she's gone. For any skeptics out there, go to NBC.com > Saturday Night Live and you can watch selected clips from this season, including the Digital Shorts. Judge for yourself.

The skit with Will Ferrel and Rachel Dratch in the hot tub talking about how they are "LUUUVAZ" always made me laugh. I don't know why. I usually don't get down like that but Ferrel man, comedic genius.

One of the great moments in TV history, and my girlfriend's love of this is what convinced me that she was the right one.

"Eh....somewhere in the distance we heard the pounding of native drums....":)

One of the great moments in TV history, and my girlfriend's love of this is what convinced me that she was the right one.

"Eh....somewhere in the distance we heard the pounding of native drums....":)

That's what made it funny how ridiclious their love stories got.

I just remembered the Will Ferrel where he does rap songs as Robert Goulet. Another great sketch I can't find on YouTube and just describing it here does in no justice.

that is the absolute worst part of the show. whenever it comes on, i go get drinks.

Agreed. The last ones I saw were "Andy Bouncing Into Frame" and "Laser Cats"

the sheer ridiculousness of that is what made it so funny.

SNL is cyclical. it will be down for a few years, and then it comes back and everybody talks about how great it is again. i'll admit i haven't caught very many of this season, but i've been mildly entertained with the shows and have caught myself horse laughing at some skits.

it's getting better than a few years ago.

I don't care what anyone says Norm McDonald as Burt Renoylds on Jeopardy was way funnier than Sean Conery.

Also Norm's: "Note to self" and the way he delivered the jokes on weekend update was nasty. Him and Kevin Nealon are right up there as the best at Weekend Update, of course I didn't get to see anyone else except Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey, some Dennis Miller and Collin Quinn.

I'm sure Chevy Chase was good at Weekend Update there just isn't many reruns that old on E.

VN Store

Back