‘23 LSU transfer OT Zalance Heard (Tennessee)

I personally don't see why Kiffin would want the job anyways. I get that Bama is loaded with talent. I get they have deep pockets and it's to recruit. But you're following up the greatest coach of all time. Pretty much no matter what, you're gonna be seen as a failure at Bama if you winning a Natty within 3 years. If you lose more than 3 games after the first year, you can pretty much bet your job is toast.
This is what I’ve been arguing with my buddies. Sure Bama probably has their pick of the litter, but if I’m having success where I’m at (Lanning, Sark, Kiffin, Dabo), why do I leave for Bama where the pressure to succeed and replicate Saban will be so insane we can’t even picture it? It’s gonna be someone who is successful, but stuck at a program that has a hump they can’t get over due to recruiting, facilities, opponents, culture, etc., no matter how hard they’ve tried. That’s why I’m thinking it’ll be James Franklin or someone similar. Much like Kelly leaving ND for LSU, he sees that his only opportunity to win the hardware that matters is at a place that’s got the foundation there, he just needs to add some finishing touches.

This is what I’ve been arguing with my buddies. Sure Bama probably has their pick of the litter, but if I’m having success where I’m at (Lanning, Sark, Kiffin, Dabo), why do I leave for Bama where the pressure to succeed and replicate Saban will be so insane we can’t even picture it? It’s gonna be someone who is successful, but stuck at a program that has a hump they can’t get over due to recruiting, facilities, opponents, culture, etc., no matter how hard they’ve tried. That’s why I’m thinking it’ll be James Franklin or someone similar. Much like Kelly leaving ND for LSU, he sees that his only opportunity to win the hardware that matters is at a place that’s got the foundation there, he just needs to add some finishing touches.
I agree. I see them ending up with a solid B-list coach.

As it was said before, guys like Heard and Percy Lewis are seeing the most they can get out of this. OU folks have moved on, OM isn’t in it. This kid is one year removed from being a 5 star recruit, being direct and making a quick decision is not going to be the norm.

Staes was in the portal for 11 days before he committed to us. Heard has been in for a week.

who needs a portal anyway!

LT: Campbell/Warren
LG: Karic/Reddick
C: Mays/Lang
RG: Spraggins/Grant
RT: Davis/Umarov

15-0
Jackson Lampley played really well in the bowl game. I’d put him in the 2-deep at LG, if not starting.

Grant is an OT. Probably Csmpbell’s backup. Guessing Bennet redshirts. Bussell is probably the backup RG.

I think/hope Umarov passes Davis at RT with an off-season of development.

who needs a portal anyway!

LT: Campbell/Warren
LG: Karic/Reddick
C: Mays/Lang
RG: Spraggins/Grant
RT: Davis/Umarov

15-0
I would hope Umarov develops/improves enough to beat out Davis. After he sacked Nico in the bowl game, I want Dayne Davis on the field as little as possible.

VN Store

Back