Marlon Walls

But there isn't a lot of depth at MLB unless Savion Frazier or Chris Donald have terrific springs. Williams could be the answer at MLB but I doubt it. He's looked lost when playing there this season.

I'd rather have him at DE. Jerod Askew might have to contribute immediately.

nooo....you make all the reads, playcalls and coverage checks.

nooo... if by "reads" you mean guard reads, every linebacker makes those reads. playcalls aren't MADE by the MLB, they are MADE by the defensive coordinator, it is just usually called out by the MLB because he is in the middle of everyone. And as far as coverage, MLB's hardly ever have a coverage responsability, just a drop-back zone read, thier main priority is the run. I believe that you are just talking about Ray Louis, not your everyday MLB. The responsability of a MLB is simplistic, not easy.

It depends on the system and philosophy of the DC. Some ask more. Some less. Chavis wants MLB's that play sideline to sideline. Better DC's and generally those in the NFL ask them to shut everything down tackle to tackle.

Chavis asks OLB's to make the calls if I'm not mistaken... but I don't think I've ever seen him allow defensive audibles... which is part of the reason UT gets burned on blitzes so often.

nooo... if by "reads" you mean guard reads, every linebacker makes those reads. playcalls aren't MADE by the MLB, they are MADE by the defensive coordinator, it is just usually called out by the MLB because he is in the middle of everyone. And as far as coverage, MLB's hardly ever have a coverage responsability, just a drop-back zone read, thier main priority is the run. I believe that you are just talking about Ray Louis, not your everyday MLB. The responsability of a MLB is simplistic, not easy.

You've made blaker look smart. Congratulations.

Your middle linebacker is usually the captain of the Defense. And yes he is responsible for making sure everyone is in their spots on the field. And it is his job to call out the motion plays. Or which side they are stacking up on (strong side or weak side). That is why they loved Ryan Karl so much is because he was good at his job, he might not have been the fastest or the most athletic but he was smart and knew a lot about the offensive schemes he saw in the film room. He called a lot of plays out before the snap according to my buddy who played last year with him.

Your middle linebacker is usually the captain of the Defense. And yes he is responsible for making sure everyone is in their spots on the field. And it is his job to call out the motion plays. Or which side they are stacking up on (strong side or weak side). That is why they loved Ryan Karl so much is because he was good at his job, he might not have been the fastest or the most athletic but he was smart and knew a lot about the offensive schemes he saw in the film room. He called a lot of plays out before the snap according to my buddy who played last year with him.

Karl was SLB

Ok, you are saying that he called out coverage to the defensive backfield... no. And in Chavis's defense doesn't make adjustments, 95% of the time they call the play and execute. That is why they love to have small, fast LBs so they can run down the play without shifting one way or the other.

And Karl was not the MLB

VN Store

Back