Marxist Black Lives Matter

They were definitely aggressive once he put up the tinted windows the cops couldn't see into...I wonder if that plays into it .cuz they couldn't see what he may have been doing....he could have pulled a gun right there and shot thru the window..so getting him outta car if he wasn't going to listen (which he wasn't) was the option..I'll bet it get settled but I'm curious whatll happen either way

I get why the cops were frustrated, Hill was acting like an azz but they completely overreacted. Hill was whining about being late so if I were the cop writing the ticket it would have taken me a good 45 minutes to get that done. And if Hill would have came out of his car acting aggressively then hey, body slam his azz and haul him to the pokey.

I get why the cops were frustrated, Hill was acting like an azz but they completely overreacted. Hill was whining about being late so if I were the cop writing the ticket it would have taken me a good 45 minutes to get that done. And if Hill would have came out of his car acting aggressively then hey, body slam his azz and haul him to the pokey.
What do you think happens to one of us if we keep saying "Don't knock on my window like that...." 18 times to the cop who just pulled us over? Then we roll the window back up?

Hill could've come out of this looking fine by just not being an ass. He could've offered to sign autographs, do a selfie, 10,000 other things but he chose to lead with "Don't knock on my window like that...." Tremendous God given gifts and blessings and that's what you lead with when pulled over?

There's a 99.9% chance this results in nothing with a better attitude.

They weren't aggressive till he rolled the window up...that puts their life in danger.....and then once on the sidewalk he got man handled because he wasn't following the order to sit..just had surgery and couldn't sit on the sidewalk but could sit in a car just fine.
.come on there is a reason he has been decent in response, he knew it wouldn't be a great look either way both in the wrong but he escalated it with the window...any cop will instantly become on edge when put in danger

They weren't aggressive till he rolled the window up...that puts their life in danger.....and then once on the sidewalk he got man handled because he wasn't following the order to sit..just had surgery and couldn't sit on the sidewalk but could sit in a car just fine.
.come on there is a reason he has been decent in response, he knew it wouldn't be a great look either way both in the wrong but he escalated it with the window...any cop will instantly become on edge when put in danger
I don't think the cops actually thought he was going to shoot them from a Mclaren 720 but literally EVERYONE knows the drill: roll your window down, keep your mouth shut as much as possible, and if you're Tyreek Hill, offer to step out, sign more than your ticket, take a pic or two, and likely little comes from this.

Perhaps a ticket.

I recall a story when I lived in KY years ago. KY cops pulled over a speeding Ferrari with NC tags "M Air J" and it was Michael Jordan. No license on him. Credit card but no license on him. He gets a ticket and goes on his way.

The ONLY reason it became public was he didn't pay the ticket so it became a court issue. Still, Jordan pays up, makes a donation to a cop friendly charity and it disappears again. When pressed about special treatment, the cops said Jordan was cordial, on his way from Chicago to NC, and they felt a ticket rather than hauling him in was the best course. Pretty reasonable.

Jeez, all that talent, privilege, blessings and Tyreek Hill can't take 5 minutes to act like a decent human?

Edit: it's behind a paywall but apparently it was 1989.

What do you think happens to one of us if we keep saying "Don't knock on my window like that...." 18 times to the cop who just pulled us over? Then we roll the window back up?

Hill could've come out of this looking fine by just not being an ass. He could've offered to sign autographs, do a selfie, 10,000 other things but he chose to lead with "Don't knock on my window like that...." Tremendous God given gifts and blessings and that's what you lead with when pulled over?

There's a 99.9% chance this results in nothing with a better attitude.

I don’t disagree with you, all I’m pointing out is that the cops had alternatives to getting physical.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I don’t disagree with you, all I’m pointing out is that the cops had alternatives to getting physical.
I can agree but it's not like Tyreek didn't bring ALL of this on himself. Antagonize cops who just pulled you over and wind up on the ground.

If I'd done that, I might still be picking the gravel out of my face from the pressure on my head.

I look at every encounter with police or judges as being in trouble with Dad. He doesn't want to slap my face but he will. Listen, even if you don't respect what's being said, and see if you can weasel out of this.

Bucking up on Dad or the cops or a judge will never go well for you.

I can agree but it's not like Tyreek didn't bring ALL of this on himself. Antagonize cops who just pulled you over and wind up on the ground.

If I'd done that, I might still be picking the gravel out of my face from the pressure on my head.

I look at every encounter with police or judges as being in trouble with Dad. He doesn't want to slap my face but he will. Listen, even if you don't respect what's being said, and see if you can weasel out of this.

Bucking up on Dad or the cops or a judge will never go well for you.

I agree and stated in my original post that Hill acted like an azz but cops have to be better than that. Not every azzhole needs to be put on the ground and treated like an ax murderer.

Hill was lawfully detained for investigation and issuing of the ticket. When he refused repeated lawful instructions from the cop, that represented resisting an officer without violence under Florida law (this includes resisting his investigation). Hill could have been arrested and taken to jail for that. Yes, it escalated, and if you want to fault the officer for some of that, fine.

But you need to consider his perspective of trying to stop a guy who was driving extremely fast for the conditions and then has him disregard lawful instructions. Hill was immediately uncooperative and also disobeyed instructions to exit the vehicle. Neither acted perfectly but Hill's actions were primarily to blame.

I agree and stated in my original post that Hill acted like an azz but cops have to be better than that. Not every azzhole needs to be put on the ground and treated like an ax murderer.
It's actually just a traffic stop.

Roll your window down, listen to the cop's instructions, keep your mouth shut, and go on.

OR

Run your mouth and end up out of the car and on the ground.

Have you EVER been put to the ground by a cop for a speeding/reckless driving traffic stop? It's not going to happen until you act like an ass..... so don't. Pretty easy.

It's actually just a traffic stop.

Roll your window down, listen to the cop's instructions, keep your mouth shut, and go on.

OR

Run your mouth and end up out of the car and on the ground.

Have you EVER been put to the ground by a cop for a speeding/reckless driving traffic stop? It's not going to happen until you act like an ass..... so don't. Pretty easy.

Why do you keep harping on things we agree about and ignore the fact that the cops had alternatives to putting him on the ground. Yes, it is smart to just comply with an officers demands take the ticket and GTFO of there but being a dumb azz isn't a crime and cops don't have to act like a dumb azz simply because the person they are dealing with is. If they didn't have their "G^d complex", let hill sit there for an hour while they wrote him his ticket it would have hurt Hill much worse and none of them would be facing discipline or bad press. Basically they just need to be smarter than the dumbazzes they have to deal with.

Why do you keep harping on things we agree about and ignore the fact that the cops had alternatives to putting him on the ground. Yes, it is smart to just comply with an officers demands take the ticket and GTFO of there but being a dumb azz isn't a crime and cops don't have to act like a dumb azz simply because the person they are dealing with is. If they didn't have their "G^d complex", let hill sit there for an hour while they wrote him his ticket it would have hurt Hill much worse and none of them would be facing discipline or bad press. Basically they just need to be smarter than the dumbazzes they have to deal with.
He wasn't charged with resisting AKAIK.

His life was made harder by his bad attitude.

I don't expect to take bad attitudes from folks when I'm an authority figure, nor do I expect cops to take bad attitudes because they are authority figures.

It's simple. Don't get mouthy with folks who can make your life worse. During a traffic stop those folks are the cops that have you pulled over. Get mouthy at your own risk.

They didn't shoot Hill nor did they treat him any rougher than a defense would at his work. They wouldn't have done that if he didn't escalate the traffic ticket.

He could've shown respect and if they STILL treated him like crap, complained about it. He didn't and they didn't show him respect either. I don't expect it to be a one way street.

He's 100% welcome to file some kind of "overuse of authority" lawsuit but we both know that's going nowhere for him. He made this happen.

He wasn't charged with resisting AKAIK.

His life was made harder by his bad attitude.

I don't expect to take bad attitudes from folks when I'm an authority figure, nor do I expect cops to take bad attitudes because they are authority figures.

It's simple. Don't get mouthy with folks who can make your life worse. During a traffic stop those folks are the cops that have you pulled over. Get mouthy at your own risk.

They didn't shoot Hill nor did they treat him any rougher than a defense would at his work. They wouldn't have done that if he didn't escalate the traffic ticket.

He could've shown respect and if they STILL treated him like crap, complained about it. He didn't and they didn't show him respect either. I don't expect it to be a one way street.

He's 100% welcome to file some kind of "overuse of authority" lawsuit but we both know that's going nowhere for him. He made this happen.

Being an authority figure doesn't automatically give you the right to lay hands on someone. Being an authority figure should mean that you are smart enough to deescalate situations with dumbazzes and if you don't you have no business being an authority figure.

smokey-and-the-bandit-jackie-gleason.gif

Being an authority figure doesn't automatically give you the right to lay hands on someone. Being an authority figure should mean that you are smart enough to deescalate situations with dumbazzes and if you don't you have no business being an authority figure.

View attachment 675449
I'm 100% sure they had no intention when they walked up to his car of putting hands on him.

Again, aren't you a mess with the bull and get the horns kind of guy?

Why do you want to let folks disrespect you like that? I'll bet you don't.

Simple orders. Roll down your window, don't roll it back up. Disobey, get taken out of your car and detained. None of that was their goal. It's a dang traffic stop. Get your ticket and go...... or f around and find out.

The man made his day harder on his way to work. Period. The cops wouldn't have put hands on him if he'd just rolled down his window and kept it down. Guess what? In a traffic stop, you're not in charge. They are. Fight it in court or find yourself detained.

Reactions: LibertyVol
I'm 100% sure they had no intention when they walked up to his car of putting hands on him.

Again, aren't you a mess with the bull and get the horns kind of guy?

Why do you want to let folks disrespect you like that? I'll bet you don't.

Simple orders. Roll down your window, don't roll it back up. Disobey, get taken out of your car and detained. None of that was their goal. It's a dang traffic stop. Get your ticket and go...... or f around and find out.

The man made his day harder on his way to work. Period. The cops wouldn't have put hands on him if he'd just rolled down his window and kept it down. Guess what? In a traffic stop, you're not in charge. They are. Fight it in court or find yourself detained.

I'm a don't look for trouble guy. I'm also a one person's bad decisions don't excuse my bad decisions kinda guy.

I'm a don't look for trouble guy. I'm also a one person's bad decisions don't excuse my bad decisions kinda guy.
There was no bad decision by the cops. Their job is to get compliance in a traffic stop. They did that.

So, if Hill just rolls up the window and sits there, what's the answer? If he keeps mouthing off, what's the answer? If he keeps refusing lawful commands, what's the answer?

The answer is: take him out of the car and secure him to get his attention that he's not in charge. That's what happened. That's the BEST decision and we've all seen video of very, very bad decisions by officers.

The man needed a taste of compliance training and he got a pretty gentle one IMO.

There was no bad decision by the cops. Their job is to get compliance in a traffic stop. They did that.

So, if Hill just rolls up the window and sits there, what's the answer? If he keeps mouthing off, what's the answer? If he keeps refusing lawful commands, what's the answer?

The answer is: take him out of the car and secure him to get his attention that he's not in charge. That's what happened. That's the BEST decision and we've all seen video of very, very bad decisions by officers.

The man needed a taste of compliance training and he got a pretty gentle one IMO.

Getting compliance isn't the job of the police. Are we supposed to comply with every order from a police officer?

But let's follow your line here, police should be better at getting compliance without resulting to force. Physical force should be the last resort and it was their first choice in this situation.

Getting compliance isn't the job of the police. Are we supposed to comply with every order from a police officer?

But let's follow your line here, police should be better at getting compliance without resulting to force. Physical force should be the last resort and it was their first choice in this situation.
It's a dang traffic stop. Yes, roll down your window when asked. You have a problem with that?

Don't roll your window back up. You have a problem with that?

They didn't ask him to dance for them. It's a traffic stop. They aren't being unreasonable.
HE WAS.

Stop normalizing bad behaviour.

It's a dang traffic stop. Yes, roll down your window when asked. You have a problem with that?

Don't roll your window back up. You have a problem with that?

They didn't ask him to dance for them. It's a traffic stop. They aren't being unreasonable.
HE WAS.

Stop normalizing bad behaviour.

I don't know how many times I have to say Hill acted like a dumbazz, should have just kept his mouth shut and took his ticket. Are we clear on that now?

But Hill acting like an azzhole doesn't excuse the excessive force used by the cops.

Stop excusing bad behavior.

An argument can always be made that they had alternatives. They are not obligated, in a situation where they don't know who or exactly what they are dealing with, to pick the perfect option out of three or four options. They must only choose a reasonable one. Given what occurred here, you cannot say that in the moment they acted unreasonably just because, in the cold light of retrospect, you can come up with an alternative.

I don't know how many times I have to say Hill acted like a dumbazz, should have just kept his mouth shut and took his ticket. Are we clear on that now?

But Hill acting like an azzhole doesn't excuse the excessive force used by the cops.

Stop excusing bad behavior.
There's nothing excessive about the behavior of the cops and HE'S GOT THE MONEY TO FILE A LAWSUIT IF HE WISHES. You know he won't because he'll be told by his attorney that there's not a chance for such a lawsuit.

He didn't comply with simple lawful commands and they briefly detained him. It happens every day. How many "Why didn't they just comply?" situations have we seen?

I'm unsure from the video why he ended up on the ground instead of just up against the vehicle and handcuffed but there's likely more video to show why it went that way. Maybe he resisted being leaned over on his sports car? I don't know.

If they damaged his recovering knee with "excessive force" no one could tell it by his performance at work. He's got money to try to prove that also.

It's BS. They treated him very decent. You or I would've missed the ballgame if we acted like that.

An argument can always be made that they had alternatives. They are not obligated, in a situation where they don't know who or exactly what they are dealing with, to pick the perfect option out of three or four options. They must only choose a reasonable one. Given what occurred here, you cannot say that in the moment they acted unreasonably just because, in the cold light of retrospect, you can come up with an alternative.

As with any professional, cops should pick the best option and physical force wasn't necessary in this case. They had his drivers license, they could have just waited him out.

Tyreek Hill trying to walk back his BS with maybe I could have done better and rolled down my window. You think, since that was all that was asked of him?

He's still saying they "beat the dog out of him" which is an insult to individuals who've really been beaten by bad cops.

VN Store

Back