Memorable "Goal Line" Stands

The 2007, overtime game at Kentucky. We win, we advance to the S.E.C. Championship game. A. Woodson is stopped on an attempted 2 point conversion.

The Air Force game at home. Air Force attempts a two point conversion but our linebacker hit the gap and and got the runner before he made it to the end zone

It's no big deal but Xavier Mitchell almost took his head off and he was a defensive end not a LB.

Before my time, but stopping Billy Cannon of LSU back in 1959 has to be the biggest in UT history...

Bill Duff and others stopping Eddie George in '96 Citrus Bowl is another memorable one :salute:

Was a junior at Tennessee in 1959. Stopping Cannon on the extra point try was the best I have seen with the stop of Eddie George being the second greatest.

Reactions: 1 person
1998 Arkansas game. Billy Ratliffe told Tee Martin not to take his helmet off , went out and forced the infamous Stoerner fumble, and the rest is MNC history.

Reactions: 3 people
1998 Arkansas game. Billy Ratliffe told Tee Martin not to take his helmet off , went out and forced the infamous Stoerner fumble, and the rest is MNC history.

My beloved wife of 18 years had to drag me back into the stadium just in time to see the stumble-fumble.

Al Wilson could will anything to happen. His shouts for anyone, to "make a play", still ring, in my football soul.

After all this Gator Bowl talk I hit youtube to watch it. There's a 9 min vid of the highlights which are fun to watch. What was really fun was the intros of the players. You see a guy that in this day and time is maybe big enough to be a free safety and he's introduced as a lineman.

Yep.

VN Store

Back