Might have a problem

Is it bad that I’m already stalking OU’s message boards? In my defense I’m making the trip to that game. Spoiler ‼️ Almost none of them consider Tennessee one of their possible losses. It especially stung when mizzou made one such list.

Anyway, WGWTFA
Every frog praises its own pond.

Is it bad that I’m already stalking OU’s message boards? In my defense I’m making the trip to that game. Spoiler ‼️ Almost none of them consider Tennessee one of their possible losses. It especially stung when mizzou made one such list.

Anyway, WGWTFA
OU will be a big test to beat at home. Young QB, young secondary could spell issues right away. You’re going to have some growing pains with the young secondary early on imo; big reason they have brooks starting is you don’t want a younger player making sure everyone is in the right position especially early on especially on the road. Giving up some in athleticism at that position early in the year. Our dline though will be a problem for everyone this season. If Nico gets in a groove it will be hard to match points with us. This game should let us know what we’ve got though at every position.

OU will be a big test to beat at home. Young QB, young secondary could spell issues right away. You’re going to have some growing pains with the young secondary early on imo; big reason they have brooks starting is you don’t want a younger player making sure everyone is in the right position especially early on especially on the road. Giving up some in athleticism at that position early in the year. Our dline though will be a problem for everyone this season. If Nico gets in a groove it will be hard to match points with us. This game should let us know what we’ve got though at every position.
Vegas currently has us a 3 point dog.
ESPN gives us a 40% chance to win.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Yeah every fanbase does it but I do think it’s fair to question the fact that they’re replacing all of their starters from last year’s offensive line. That’s a really big deal and one that we’ll be able to exploit. Key to the win IMO. You might be able to get away with that in the Big 12 but that loses you games in the SEC.

I think all of us think we’re a good team. Thinking it and beating a program like OU in their house is two different things. We need to take that next step as a program and start beating people at their house in major games; Heupel has built up an amazing record at home so far.

They’re equally young at QB and I don’t remember their defense being any great shakes.

I see this game as a toss up. Nico will still be very young, so it will just depend on which team plays the best football on that day.

I might see this game differently if it was later in the season, and Nico had more starts under his belt.

However, I like the chances for this game to be Nico’s coming out party on the national stage. If I had to bet it, I’d bet on that, but I’d only have around 55% confidence.

Anyway, WGWTFA
Being overlooked by opponents is a GOOD THING. Hope we don't do it with State.

I agree it won’t be a walk in the park, but I think they have more new pieces in place than we do. I feel like we have the edge on both sides of the ball, especially on defense.

OU fans are really, really arrogant. I hope both they and Texas get a rude awakening this year, and every year. No expansion team has ever won the SEC and it needs to stay that way.
True, but in all fairness, we Vols fans are just as arrogant. Some even go to rivals' forums and make genuine asses of themselves.

OU has not played against the Vols with the Heupel offense which imo spells bad fortune for them. The first time experiencing it is always a shock and unless you straight up outmatch them in personnel generally results in a Vols victory.
Excellent point. I think we have a slight edge in talent and experience (though I might be biased) and our hurry up offense throws most defenses for a loop the first time.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Yeah every fanbase does it but I do think it’s fair to question the fact that they’re replacing all of their starters from last year’s offensive line. That’s a really big deal and one that we’ll be able to exploit. Key to the win IMO. You might be able to get away with that in the Big 12 but that loses you games in the SEC.
Especially with against our projected D-Line

I think all of us think we’re a good team. Thinking it and beating a program like OU in their house is two different things. We need to take that next step as a program and start beating people at their house in major games; Heupel has built up an amazing record at home so far.
This

We need to win this game to build confidence and show we are taking the next level. Championship teams must find ways to win on the road in hostile environments. It’s a difficult task but GA, Bama and others have done that over the years. We won’t win them all, but I like our playoff chances with a win in Sooner land.

I rarely say this on the road vs a great team, but I EXPECT a win! I’ll be there wearing my orange!

VN Store

Back