Might have a problem

Norman will be lit that night for sure. Maybe the biggest game there in years. That could intimidate the Vols or put too much pressure on OU.

OU has to rebuild their entire OL. Many of them are Group of 5 guys who could still be good players but not ready this early to play SEC DL. I think the game comes down to the LOS. Vols have a lot of starters back on both, very deep. OU is rebuilding both, no starters returning from either OL or DL.

g_OESM.gif
OU has to rebuild their entire OL. Many of them are Group of 5 guys who could still be good players but not ready this early to play SEC DL. I think the game comes down to the LOS. Vols have a lot of starters back on both, very deep. OU is rebuilding both, no starters returning from either OL or DL.

Is it bad that I’m already stalking OU’s message boards? In my defense I’m making the trip to that game. Spoiler ‼️ Almost none of them consider Tennessee one of their possible losses. It especially stung when mizzou made one such list.

Anyway, WGWTFA

Barnes owes Moser an ass whipping for the 2019 loss to Sister Jean and Loyola in the NCAA Tournament.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and Okie
True, but in all fairness, we Vols fans are just as arrogant. Some even go to rivals' forums and make genuine asses of themselves.
I agree, but I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't taken aback a bit by the way OU fans have walked in the door. TX fans, I'm not surprised by, but for whatever reason, I had a higher opinion of OU fans, until this year.

Reactions: volinokc
I agree, but I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't taken aback a bit by the way OU fans have walked in the door. TX fans, I'm not surprised by, but for whatever reason, I had a higher opinion of OU fans, until this year.
In my experience, all fan bases have civilized people who behave in a civilized manner. And they also have creatures that you want to find some kind of toxic spray to save planet Earth from their infestation. Not presume to be superior, as it would be a blatant lie right out the gate. But I look forward to the pleasure of beating them, even if only by one point. That shuts up many. The others who fish for excuses for the loss is a source of humor for me. The IF, biased referees, the dumb luck, and all such excuses are the same. And yes, we're just as guilty of this. But I just look forward to winning, and guffawing at their excuses. But I was always a weird and crazy duck-egret hybrid.

Last edited:
Norman will be lit that night for sure. Maybe the biggest game there in years. That could intimidate the Vols or put too much pressure on OU.

It could intimidate us, but I don't believe it will. Our coaching staff is the best in the Nation at directing other teams and coming up with the correct plan to defeat them. This is especially true when the talent levels are similar. the crowd will be loud, but the new ability to have helmet-communication with the players on the field may be of great benefit. I am eagerly waiting for this game.

Is it bad that I’m already stalking OU’s message boards? In my defense I’m making the trip to that game. Spoiler ‼️ Almost none of them consider Tennessee one of their possible losses. It especially stung when mizzou made one such list.

Anyway, WGWTFA
Why is that a problem?

I'll be realistic. I don't know how good the Vols will be. I see lots of signs for hope. But what if Nico has some struggles? What if there are more critical injuries?

The same is true of OU and basically everyone else.

FWIW, it is pretty irrational with what we know right at this very moment to believe OU is more likely to lose to MU than UT. Not that it can't happen... but if both games are played with current roster personnel without losing guys to injury then UT is the more likely loss.

OU has not played against the Vols with the Heupel offense which imo spells bad fortune for them. The first time experiencing it is always a shock and unless you straight up outmatch them in personnel generally results in a Vols victory.

Heupel's Offense is based off offenses from the Big12 (notably Baylor). In fact OU runs a very similar offense as Tennessee.

Turnover prone QB
New OL
There is a reason Vegas has their over under at 7.5

On the pod this morning, AP said this is one he was more confident in than most

Most national media think Tennessee will win as well
I have OU with 5-6 losses. They have a very tough schedule

Reactions: VOLociraptorr
I think all of us think we’re a good team. Thinking it and beating a program like OU in their house is two different things. We need to take that next step as a program and start beating people at their house in major games; Heupel has built up an amazing record at home so far.
Agree we are a good team; I will be watching the OU Oline and their RS QB that has 1 start & 4 partial games played. The O-line will need to hold up as the QB has been turnover prone. For OU the good news is their first 4 games are at home and they play mediocre teams Temple/Tulane/Houston/ leading up to UT game. This will enable them to get their mojo going by then. I'll be watching or keeping an eye on stats of those 3 games leading up to the OU v UT game. Like you said we need to take the next step.

Yeah every fanbase does it but I do think it’s fair to question the fact that they’re replacing all of their starters from last year’s offensive line. That’s a really big deal and one that we’ll be able to exploit. Key to the win IMO. You might be able to get away with that in the Big 12 but that loses you games in the SEC.
I been standing on this table all off season. I have seen the violence our DL can present to a veteran OL/QB. I'm wondering who the hell is going to keep Pearce and company from totally wrecking the game. In football, when u dominate up front, nothing else really matters. As much as I hate to say it, I honestly don't believe their QB will finish the game.

I been standing on this table all off season. I have seen the violence our DL can present to a veteran OL/QB. I'm wondering who the hell is going to keep Pearce and company from totally wrecking the game. In football, when u dominate up front, nothing else really matters. As much as I hate to say it, I honestly don't believe their QB will finish the game.
That could definitely happen.

I hear a lot of Vol fans complain about Heupel’s “road woes”. Nobody has beat Ga anywhere in the regular season for 3 yrs now so let’s throw that game out. Both games at Tuscaloosa, Tenn has outplayed Ala in the first half but talent has overtaken them in the 2nd. Yes LY at Mizzou & Florida along with 2022 SC were disappointing but the SC game, I believe, had unique circumstances.

I do recall road wins over rated Ky, Pitt, & LSU teams thou.

We have better players. We have better coaches. We have a better scheme. We have better fans.

They won't be able to score enough against our defense to keep up with our offense. We'll score 30+. I don't think they will be able to break 28 vs our defense.

+
Secondary
RSFr Qb
Holes in the OL
=road dog
their first SEC game. the fans and the team will be up for it. and with it being their first SEC game they haven't felt the grind yet. this could easily be their one game a year they get up for.

OU has not played against the Vols with the Heupel offense which imo spells bad fortune for them. The first time experiencing it is always a shock and unless you straight up outmatch them in personnel generally results in a Vols victory.
They have, Lebby was their OC for the first 2 years of CBV Tenure. That scheme was built from Heupel's. What noone is talking about is how good our Defense is going to be. I think it will be better than Oklahoma's and the difference in the game. I have been saying this for a few weeks now, I think we win, but its a nail biter.

Reactions: volmanjr

VN Store

Back