Migration Nightmares Hitting Europe

I didn't ask your opinion. Did they take any of that into account?

It's irrelevant to the economic question, so no, they don't explicitly account for it. But, even if they had, nothing would change, since these 'risks' are so minor.

Reactions: 1 person
Learned economists from Mises, Hayek, and Friedman to Keynes, Krugman, and Piketty are in complete agreement on the incredible economic boon that is unrestricted migration.

Which is secretly why our country is very lax in enforcing immigration laws.

Domestic terrorism is and always has been a bigger problem than outside terrorists coming in.

Smuggling is irrelevant.

Other dangers are usually connected to the default status of such migrants as illegal and thus already outside the law.

Native Americans disagree

Reactions: 2 people
For the love of all that could be considered holy based on your specific religious preference, why do all the silly pictures you guys post(69 being the ringleader, obviously) look like they were made by 10 year olds in Windows 98? Let's see some effort, guys. I've seen better production value in Joker Phillips Gator posters.

Reactions: 4 people
For the love of all that could be considered holy based on your specific religious preference, why do all the silly pictures you guys post(69 being the ringleader, obviously) look like they were made by 10 year olds in Windows 98? Let's see some effort, guys. I've seen better production value in Joker Phillips Gator posters.

Always the critic..

Why are the Syrian "refugees" passing all the way through muslim Turkey to reach non muslim Europe?...

This better ???????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1
The United States of Mexico!!!!!

Olé, Olé, Olé!!!!

Some are afraid of this weird notion that they can take over our country and our culture.

Even if half their population came here (an absurd notion), they would still be a minority (about 1/6 of our population).

The colonists were the immigrants

And...? Your point is not going to function how you desire it to.

The vast majority of Native Americans did not see land as bounded, enclosed, or belonging to anyone. It was common. It was the colonists who enclosed the land and then treated the Natives as trespassing migrants. That's a salient detail.

Reactions: 7 people
What should happen with the countries they're fleeing?

If enough are allowed to flee, the situation will resolve itself. Assad doesn't want land, he wants power over people. ISIS doesn't want land, it wants power over people. Having land without the labor to work it or potential investors/buyers is pretty worthless.

Why are the Syrian "refugees" passing all the way through muslim Turkey to reach non muslim Europe?...

Most aren't fleeing by land. Further, heading toward Turkey is a sure way to end up in the slummiest of refugee camps yet still in harm's way.

Most persons have deep and irrational sentimental ties to their 'homeland'. Mass migrations always point to incredible despair and desperation.

I know many like to think that these migrants are just opportunistic purveyors of handouts, but that's about as far from the truth as one can venture before their brain just melts. These are persons that have left their homes at great personal cost and merely want the chance to try to reassemble their lives in peace.

Reactions: 5 people
If enough are allowed to flee, the situation will resolve itself. Assad doesn't want land, he wants power over people. ISIS doesn't want land, it wants power over people. Having land without the labor to work it or potential investors/buyers is pretty worthless.

If it's one thing we had right in the cold war, it's that we accepted defectors.

The reason America has such an impressive history is that it was built by immigrants. Allowing people in creates new markets for ideas and opportunities. People don't even realize the many ways immigration benefits them (past, present, and future). I would bet a lot of money that our overall cost of living in the US would rise significantly if we we followed Trump's plan to deport. Forget about how the economy would tank.

If it's one thing we had right in the cold war, it's that we accepted defectors.

The reason America has such an impressive history is that it was built by immigrants. Allowing people in creates new markets for ideas and opportunities. People don't even realize the many ways immigration benefits them (past, present, and future). I would bet a lot of money that our overall cost of living in the US would rise significantly if we we followed Trump's plan to deport. Forget about how the economy would tank.

BS there's 94 million not working, I'm sure at least a third of them would like a ****ing job.

We have "such an impressive history" due to illegal immigration from Mexico and Central America? The only "new market" that I can think of is La Tienda Mexicana.

And...? Your point is not going to function how you desire it to.

The vast majority of Native Americans did not see land as bounded, enclosed, or belonging to anyone. It was common. It was the colonists who enclosed the land and then treated the Natives as trespassing migrants. That's a salient detail.

I bet the Indians regret that philosophy.

VN Store

Back