Migration Nightmares Hitting Europe

The empire grew because of violent coercion. And let's not act like these "migrants" were coming into the empire of their own volition. Majority of these migrants were from conquered lands whether they were conquered violently or not.

The early migrants came because of trade. Same with Athens. Same with Persia. That said, who cares whether later migrants were refugees? Rome bustled and flourished due to its inclusive nature.

Reactions: 1 person
In the free market the best ideas win and that's what leads to prosperity. Sometimes the best idea is cheap service. We shouldn't deny our economy this. Let demand settle it.

All countries in the world have perceived issues with migrants. It is only the developed and western countries that get critized.

All countries in the world have perceived issues with migrants. It is only the developed and western countries that get critized.

That's weird, because 15 years ago was the first time I heard Mexico treated immigrants poorly and I've heard it 1,000 times since.

I criticize our government because it's ours and I think it's our duty to voice our discontent. Yeah I am critical of other governments, but I am most worried about our own.

Also, "Mexico is worse to immigrants" is the worst argument ever. The people coming here illegally are not the Mexican government. In fact, they are escaping their government when they come here. It's like people are making an argument that we shouldn't be compassionate towards illegals because of what their government does, but in no way are they responsible. It's a **** argument.

Reactions: 3 people
Also, "Mexico is worse to immigrants" is the worst argument ever. The people coming here illegally are not the Mexican government. In fact, they are escaping their government when they come here. It's like people are making an argument that we shouldn't be compassionate towards illegals because of what their government does, but in no way are they responsible. It's a **** argument.

How many are you putting up mr. compassionate?

When do we do we hold these refugees/migrants/immigrants responsible for fixing stuff in their own lands instead of running to others?

When do we do we hold these refugees/migrants/immigrants responsible for fixing stuff in their own lands instead of running to others?

Never. Why would we? Our nation was founded by people escaping oppressive government control. We should appreciate immigrants. They're just like our ancestors that we want to emulate.

Reactions: 3 people
Never. Why would we? Our nation was founded by people escaping oppressive government control. We should appreciate immigrants. They're just like our ancestors that we want to emulate.

As our government grows more oppressive where do we go?

And your answer just follows the never take responsibility theme which is all to prevalent today. I say fix your own dam house before you invade mine uninvited.

And your answer just follows the never take responsibility theme which is all to prevalent today. I say fix your own dam house before you invade mine uninvited.

Easy sentiment to express when one has grown up in the most privileged nation in world history.

Reactions: 2 people

Interesting convo, but unrelated to the topic at hand.

But they are invited. I am inviting them. You may not think you are inviting them, but if you participate in the economy, your dollars are begging them to come in.

It's inevitable.

Yes!! Because immigrants of the 17th - 19th century are EXACTLY like the immigrates of the 21st.

:eek:lol:

Yes!! Because immigrants of the 17th - 19th century are EXACTLY like the immigrates of the 21st.

:eek:lol:

They are the same where it counts. They are willing to give up many of their friends and family, culture, traditions, etc. To go to an unknown land where they don't even speak the language. They are brave motivated people willing to make sacrifices, and that's what they share with my ancestors that I want to emulate.

BTW, even the Center for Immigration Studies (biased against mass immigration) admits that immigrant households have a higher rate of employment than the rest of the country (81% vs 76%, IIRC). It's pretty astounding when you consider all the odds that are against them (language barrier, legality, etc.).

Not really, but i am interested in your theory.
Because they don't have to work to eat. They can make more money sitting on their ass at home, because politicians have confiscated someone's hard earned money, and given it to them to buy their vote. If they had to work for $8 an hour in order to survive, they would do it.

If that victim is walking butt naked, then they share some of the responsibility for being raped. For someone who claims to be so intellectually superior to everyone, you sure do lack a bit of common sense.

Responsibility? No.

It isn't a prudent or wise action/choice to do on the victim's behalf. Not the same as being responsible for the attack.

BTW, even the Center for Immigration Studies (biased against mass immigration) admits that immigrant households have a higher rate of employment than the rest of the country (81% vs 76%, IIRC). It's pretty astounding when you consider all the odds that are against them (language barrier, legality, etc.).
The people that have been here the longest know how to scam the system, so they don't have to work.

Because they don't have to work to eat. They can make more money sitting on their ass at home, because politicians have confiscated someone's hard earned money, and given it to them to buy their vote. If they had to work for $8 an hour in order to survive, they would do it.

Some people do that. That's only part of the equation. Some go get more skills and become better contributors to the economy.

The root problem is the welfare program and not immigration. Immigration is creating a solution....cheaper services. That's of good to us all.

Are we seriously going to blame American-brand welfare laziness on immigrants taking our jobs? This is the land of opportunity. No excuses.

I'm reducing it to something you guys can digest. When i say the economy relies on their labor, nobody knows what i mean. This is a small snap shot.

The beauty of it is you don't have to do anything. No airline needed. They come to us and offer us their services. The bastards!

How about we act like the free country we are supposed to be and allow a free market for labor?

good thing we have someone as intelligent as you in our midst.

We can be a free country that has legal processes, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

VN Store

Back