'24 MO WR Ryan Wingo (Texas commit)

We are 2-6 all-time against UGA with Bobo at OC. The last time he called plays at UGA they averaged over 40 points a game with Hutson Mason at QB. We were happy when he left. The good news is he won't be better than Monken. Monken was as good as it got, but Bobo is not a huge playcalling drop off with UGA's talent.
thankfully Sal Sunseri isn't running our defense any more.

Bobo had the luxury of being employed the same time as 2 of UGAs best quarterbacks ever, in back to back campaigns (Stanford and Murray). Once Murray was drafted, in Bobo’s last season, he had some guys by the name of Gurley, Chubb and Michel at running back who totaled 3,000 yards together. Bobo was EXTREMELY lucky in his previous stint at UGA. Not to say that he won’t be a decent rehire, but since 2014 after leaving UGA he hasn’t done squat

Bobo had the luxury of being employed the same time as 2 of UGAs best quarterbacks ever, in back to back campaigns (Stanford and Murray). Once Murray was drafted, in Bobo’s last season, he had some guys by the name of Gurley, Chubb and Michel at running back who totaled 3,000 yards together. Bobo was EXTREMELY lucky in his previous stint at UGA. Not to say that he won’t be a decent rehire, but since 2014 after leaving UGA he hasn’t done squat
Despite their recent success, they aren’t quite RB U like they used to be. That was quite the run they had for a few years in the ‘10s with Crowell, Gurley, Chubb. Imagine Sony Michel being your B option.

Despite their recent success, they aren’t quite RB U like they used to be. That was quite the run they had for a few years in the ‘10s with Crowell, Gurley, Chubb. Imagine Sony Michel being your B option.
Gurley was unbelievable. Probably one of the best SEC backs in recent history, along with Henry

That’s not really true. Mays, Carvin, Keyton, Hooker, and Hyatt were all 4 stars and Wright and McCoy were 5 stars. There was a lot more talent on this last year’s offense than people realize. We need guys like Wingo and Reddell for this offense to reach the next level. Luckily we have Davis and Echols lined up, but we need better WR recruiting than what we’re currently getting. Finding Leacock early was a big deal for sure, but we need to be able to beat other elite teams for WRs. Hopefully we can land Matthews if Wingo is a goner. I’d also like to see us try to get back in Jordan Anderson’s recruitment since he already has good chemistry with Nico
i depends on the recruiting service. this is my personal opinion but i only go off of 247 rankings. McCoy and Write were 5* but Hyatt was a 3* kid. so were the rest of the OL according to 247 i believe (to lazy to look it up again) I think hooker was a decent 4* prospect. But was considered a 3* Transfer. so there is that.

He also recruited all those guys, like he did Raiola. That's kinda making your own luck. Again, I think Monken was a unique playcalling talent, I'm not sure Bobo can fill his shoes in that regard, but Bobo isn't bad. He was pretty good at UGA before, and he had alot worse defense. I'd feel alot better if they had hired Brian Schotteinheimer or James Coley back.

i depends on the recruiting service. this is my personal opinion but i only go off of 247 rankings. McCoy and Write were 5* but Hyatt was a 3* kid. so were the rest of the OL according to 247 i believe (to lazy to look it up again) I think hooker was a decent 4* prospect. But was considered a 3* Transfer. so there is that.
Hyatt was not a 3 star.borderline top100

And he is walking into likely an even more loaded roster. Bottom line great players can make average coaches look good to great. It really won’t matter a great deal who they have calling plays. Bama is a great example of coaches rotating in and out and mostly disappearing after they leave all that talent.

Reactions: Ned Ray McWorkher
The fact there are only 2700 members is a joke. There should be at least 50-60 thousand members
I wish you got something more for $5 a month. I mean an autograph once a quarter would at least be something. They sent me a Hyatt signed picture which was nice but then I didn't get anything for basketball or spring season.

I doubt very many people outside of those on the Message Boards know about The Volunteer Club or what NIL is
They seem to have picked up their marketing recently. Geographic captains, emails from available email lists, networking existing members. I was texted when one of the founders was in the DC area, I think trying to organize an activity. I’ve urged them to tap more into Volnation. I’ve been a member now for almost 2 year. This is the future, like it or not.

Raiola is elite, but most believe Nico is a generational talent.
Every year there are a handful of quarterbacks that people say that about. Nico is one. Raiola is one. On one extreme end of the spectrum, sometimes it turns out to be true (Trevor Lawrence), and on the other extreme, sometimes they turn out to be Mitch Mustain. A whole lot of ground between those extremes. I feel really good about Nico's prospects, but you never know what you have until the bullets start flying.

Every year there are a handful of quarterbacks that people say that about. Nico is one. Raiola is one. On one extreme end of the spectrum, sometimes it turns out to be true (Trevor Lawrence), and on the other extreme, sometimes they turn out to be Mitch Mustain. A whole lot of ground between those extremes. I feel really good about Nico's prospects, but you never know what you have until the bullets start flying.
I do think Nico's upside is higher. Either way though, with the QB position, you have to be cerebral AND have some talent. I do think Raiola would be better served going to a USC or to a coach that's offensively focused. I'm sure the recent UGA championships were a huge draw for him though.

Last edited:
I do think Nico's upside is higher. Either way though, with the QB position, you have to be cerebral AND have some talent. I do think Raiola would be better served going to a USC or to a coach that's offensively focused. I'm sure the recent UGA championships were a huge draw for him though.
Just google "Dylan Raiola generational" and there are plenty of hits, not that it's true, it's a very overused word.

EDIT: sorry, replied after you edited, maybe you googled before I did. Lol. Suffice it to say, I think our QB room's future looks very promising. I'd rather UGA not have gotten Raiola, but it is what it is, we are going to have to beat good teams to get where we want to go regardless.

Reactions: MemphisVol3
I wish you got something more for $5 a month. I mean an autograph once a quarter would at least be something. They sent me a Hyatt signed picture which was nice but then I didn't get anything for basketball or spring season.

I don’t think you get anything for the next level up either so don’t feel left out!

As for Tennessee's chances, having to go up against a Raiola-led Georgia team, I have two words:

1. Vinny
2. Testaverde

Reactions: SD189

VN Store

Back