Moc's coach fired for remarks.

Chris Malone did nothing wrong

He’s an employee of a public university who took multiple shots at a person’s weight. It was inappropriate at best. Not too mention the negative connotations that will bring when trying to recruit.

Maybe next time he’ll be smarter before he tweets.

Actions have consequences. He’s protected by the first amendment to say what he wants online, but that doesn’t protect his job. Seems like a really dumb thing to go online and attack someone’s weight and physical looks. Seems too often people say things before thinking about what the consequences might be.

He’s an employee of a public university who took multiple shots at a person’s weight. It was inappropriate at best. Not too mention the negative connotations that will bring when trying to recruit.

Maybe next time he’ll be smarter before he tweets.
He actually has more rights in this matter being an employee of a public university than he would if he were at a private university.

You're saying all black kids are fat and should be offended by his statement or that all black kids should think alike?

No he’s saying making fun of a prominent black politician’s weight on twitter probably isn’t going to endear himself to some black kids that he coaches or tries to recruits.

But I wouldn’t expect you to understand context as a Baylor fan.

He actually has more rights in this matter being an employee of a public university than he would if he were at a private university.

Freedom of speech protects him from criminal charges, not the status of his employment however.

If he feels he was wrongfully terminated, I’m sure he can hire a lawyer and try to sue. I doubt he will win however.

Freedom of speech protects him from criminal matters, not the status of his employment however.

If he feels he was wrongfully terminated, I’m sure he can hire a lawyer and try to sue. I doubt he will win however.
For private employment absolutely. Not necessarily for a public employer.

Last edited:
For private employment absolutely. Not necessarily for a public employer

Well it’s an easy out anyways. “His comments were viewed negatively as a team and from potential recruits, making him ineffective at his job. Hence he was fired.” I would also assume he uses that account to promote Chattanooga football as well and contact recruits, so it could be argued he is using a twitter account meant for work to promote his political beliefs, which also leads to problems.

But if you want to keep defending him, then be my guest.

Well it’s an easy out anyways. “His comments were viewed negatively as a team and from potential recruits, making him ineffective at his job. Hence he was fired.” I would also assume he uses that account to promote Chattanooga football as well and contact recruits, so it could be argued he is using a twitter account meant for work to promote his political beliefs, which also leads to problems.

But if you want to keep defending him, then be my guest.
My first comment was sarcastic. But the first amendment protects speech from the state, so when you’re employed by the state jt means it protects free speech from your employer. In this case its not what he said that’s the problem per se, it’s that it undeniably harms the ability to do his job.

You're saying all black kids are fat and should be offended by his statement or that all black kids should think alike?

It's disparaging remarks to someone who is held in high esteem by a lot of black men and women. Nothing to do with being fat. It's an attack on someone who looks like their Mother.

Reactions: ClearwaterVol

VN Store

Back