Monday Regional Finals discussion thread

I wonder how this impacts the committee's decision. I can see them saying (behind closed doors) SEC is weaker than we thought. Let's reward the mid-major.
Well, on the flip side, if Arky and Vandy were hosting, we wouldn’t for sure (can’t have more than half the hosts be SEC). Heads I win, tails you lose…..

Reactions: Volstylexx
Kendal said earlier decision was already made. I trust he knows.
Did he say where? Or just that it was already decided?

(I should have said "the announcement.") But why are they meeting if they already know?

P.S. You told people right last week about grabbing rooms in the 'Burg. You can always cancel.

(I should have said "the announcement.")

P.S. You told people right last week about grabbing rooms in the 'Burg. You can always cancel.
Hattiesburg...harrummph! Here's the Southern Miss baseball stadium. Looks like a high school field.

Attachments

• Southern Miss baseball stadium.jpg
    Southern Miss baseball stadium.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: volsagain

(I should have said "the announcement.")

Yep. looking at the matchups on paper, it was clear this was absolutely a possibility. He said bids were in before start of the NCAAs and that it significantly tilted towards USM, that the committee would discuss but that nothing happened in regionals that would change their original decision.

Reactions: Orange.
Yep. looking at the matchups on paper, it was clear this was absolutely a possibility. He said bids were in before start of the NCAAs and that it significantly tilted towards USM, that the committee would discuss but that nothing happened in regionals that would change their original decision.
Let’s go crush their dreams in their stadium. Even sweeter.

I'll take your word for it, but just how important is that?

It's likely the most important factor - "guaranteed revenue." Lindsey Nelson's all-time attendance record wouldn't make USM's top 10 list. You will see fans online cite "official capacity" as being similiar but it's not a fair comparison. USM averaged over 6,000 fans in attendance in last year's super regional that they hosted.

Hattiesburg...harrummph! Here's the Southern Miss baseball stadium. Looks like a high school field.
It seats quite a bit. But it is a Vanderbilt style metal erector set.

I'm sure it's like one of those childhood steel slides remember from the 70s and 80s. when it pushing 90degrees like this weekend.

Reactions: feathersax
It's likely the most important factor - "guaranteed revenue." Lindsey Nelson's all-time attendance record wouldn't make USM's top 10 list. You will see fans online cite "official capacity" as being similiar but it's not a fair comparison. USM averaged over 6,000 fans in attendance in last year's super regional that they hosted.

Where did they sit the extra folks?? LNS official capacity is +87.

I would imagine USM's bid accounted for approximately 750 additional ticket sales versus TN. That's $75,000 in additional revenue and likely why folks were alluding earlier that USM's bid was far better than the Vols.

Probably just waiting on the results of Stanford-A&M and IU-UK before deciding. Don’t want too many SEC teams to host I’m sure. We can go play in a parking lot in Seattle for all I care. We’re going to roll these punks. Hell, probably will just an even bigger chip on our shoulder on the road.
Have you watched us on the road this season? I jest, I jest...

VN Store

Back