Monday Regional Finals discussion thread

I would imagine USM's bid accounted for approximately 750 additional ticket sales versus TN. That's $75,000 in additional revenue and likely why folks were alluding earlier that USM's bid was far better than the Vols.
But we have turf and their forecast looks iffy. That has to matter a little bit at least.

I would imagine USM's bid accounted for approximately 750 additional ticket sales versus TN. That's $75,000 in additional revenue and likely why folks were alluding earlier that USM's bid was far better than the Vols.

Let’s be real here, $75,000 is literal chump change when it comes to college athletics. If that is the ONLY reason they pick USM, it would be stupid. UT could cut a check under the rug through some shell company to the NCAA thrice that amount 😂

It's likely the most important factor - "guaranteed revenue." Lindsey Nelson's all-time attendance record wouldn't make USM's top 10 list. You will see fans online cite "official capacity" as being similiar but it's not a fair comparison. USM averaged over 6,000 fans in attendance in last year's super regional that they hosted.

They did not ... more like 5450 for the two games against Ole Miss. At least that is what the attendance records state. Only one game over 6000 and that was with Ole Miss in May of last year.

Most of the games over 5000 (top 15) are against either SEC Schools or La Tech - 13 are SEC schools.

If the main thing is how many butts in seats - we are talking a difference of around 400 seats. That is the difference between what was at LNS and USM for the Super Regionals in 2022

Seems like we could make up the difference and more with our FAR superior overall athletic revenue?

Bookmarked, OJJ.

USM might win the bid, probably will. But you have alluded to the fact that our bid cannot compete, is far worse, etc. You’re being way too hyperbolic. Nothing is that concrete. Far better? Based on what? Define that because you don’t even know what the two bids are.

Reactions: rockytop36
They will not clear 6000 seats unless the Vols show up in masses. So the question may be - who travels best?

Let’s be real here, $75,000 is literal chump change when it comes to college athletics. If that is the ONLY reason they pick USM, it would be stupid. UT could cut a check under the rug through some shell company to the NCAA thrice that amount 😂
I'm just here for the thrice drop 💥

USM might win the bid, probably will. But you have alluded to the fact that our bid cannot compete, is far worse, etc. You’re being way too hyperbolic. Nothing is that concrete. Far better? Based on what? Define that because you don’t even know what the two bids are.

I didn't say our bid didn't compete. I said that's "why folks were alluding earlier that USM's bid was far better than the Vols."

It seats quite a bit. But it is a Vanderbilt style metal erector set.

I'm sure it's like one of those childhood steel slides remember from the 70s and 80s. when it pushing 90degrees like this weekend.
If it has the "line-of-sight" issues like vandie's Hawkins Field, that's definitely a problem.

Reactions: Orange.
Because Bastupido said S. Miss came in with a stronger bid. So you know it has to be true because that dimwit said so.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back