Monte Kiffin passed away

He was the only reason I felt optimistic when we hired Lane. Condolences to the family.
It wasn't just you. Lane's backwards career (starting at NFL first) was somehow because of Monte, but I'll never know what that was all about. RIP.

Reactions: Hacksaw
He was the only reason I felt optimistic when we hired Lane. Condolences to the family.

He got his son a job and even helped him with it. I hope that someday I’m lucky enough to do the same for my child. I really think we could have won something if Lane has been mature enough to keep the job. But that’s our fault as much as his - we hired him before he was ready.

I read an article where Monte said that he really regretted leaving Knoxville. That he loved it in East Tennessee and made several good friends. His words were slanted towards Lane and that it was a mistake they left.
He practically begged Lane, "Don't do this to these people!"

My father and Monte were born in the same year. My dad was a basketball and football coach for 40 years in metro Nashville and I grew up in a gym or a football field. He died in 2022 and was my (and still is) my hero. I can definitely understand and feel the pain that Lane has and dont wish it on anyone. I pray for peace for him and his family.

I liked Monte a lot more than his son. Monte had class. His son doesn’t have any class. Only thing I fault Monte for is not busting Lane’s ass more. He would have taught him how to treat people. Rest in peace Monte.

It was truly a treat to watch Monte interact with the players. They seemed to love him and his enthusiasm for the game despite his age.

Reactions: pimo1
RIP Monte! You were one of the good ones. Thanks for all you contributed to the sport of football. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Reactions: norrislakevol
I read an article where Monte said that he really regretted leaving Knoxville. That he loved it in East Tennessee and made several good friends. His words were slanted towards Lane and that it was a mistake they left.
I also remember this.

VN Store

Back