Movies you've seen recently II

Watched Rocketman (in an unfortunately near empty theatre) tonight. 8/10. And that’s almost entirely due to the songs, they are so visually creative and exciting (Saturday Night’s Alright and I’m Still Standing were particular highlights, and Your Song as well in a understated sort of way) that they more than make up for a bit of drag during the obligatory fall from grace portion of the movie

I saw it tonight. My theatre was packed. I agree on the 8/10. Loved how they tied in the music with events of his life at that time.

Reactions: Vol49er
Live die repeat...edge of tmr was a really fun film

Yeah, I think I remember reading there would be a sequel and Blunt will return.

But he's had some really good ones, even some that weren't as big as some of his others I really liked.. Minority Report, Days of Thunder, Last Samurai, Cocktail, War of the World's etc. But Top Gun and A Few Good Men are a couple of my all time favorites and I have liked every MI , in fact I think they keep getting better.

But again, I'm not like some of you guys that pays attention to who the producers and directors are and how artsy it is, or if the subtle humor overtones ruined the dramatic yet romantic climax to the final scene.

I just like to be entertained.

Ordered some from Amazon last week and they came in. Funny thing was, shipping cost more than some of the movies!

Watched Cowboy Way last night. Seems that it was better than it was 25 years ago. Woody Harrelson is a good actor. I'll always think of Cheers every time I see him regardless of the movie he is in.

Ordered some from Amazon last week and they came in. Funny thing was, shipping cost more than some of the movies!

Watched Cowboy Way last night. Seems that it was better than it was 25 years ago. Woody Harrelson is a good actor. I'll always think of Cheers every time I see him regardless of the movie he is in.

Woody is one of my top 5 favorite actors. But there is no way I would have guessed he would have such a long and diverse career when Cheers was on air. Just going by that show, I would have guessed loveable goofy bestfriend to the star was his movie ceiling.

Reactions: Vol49er and Behr
Woody is one of my top 5 favorite actors. But there is no way I would have guessed he would have such a long and diverse career when Cheers was on air. Just going by that show, I would have guessed loveable goofy bestfriend to the star was his movie ceiling.
I am in the same boat with you Bad. His character in Cowboy Way was somewhat similar to his character in Cheers. However, he has performed well in drama's.

I am in the same boat with you Bad. His character in Cowboy Way was somewhat similar to his character in Cheers. However, he has performed well in drama's.
I think his performance in three billboards was better than Rockwell’s. More subtle but I think more layered as well

Reactions: joevol33
Finished the Rolling Thunder Revue documentary. So amazing. You haven't seen Dylan till you see him perform in this film. So intimately shot, he was at his peak. Just great stuff. The melding of true and fictitious stories was genius. Bravo Scorsese, bravo.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
Finished the Rolling Thunder Revue documentary. So amazing. You haven't seen Dylan till you see him perform in this film. So intimately shot, he was at his peak. Just great stuff. The melding of true and fictitious stories was genius. Bravo Scorsese, bravo.

I enjoyed it, will watch again this weekend. Time to watch No Direction Home again as well.

Reactions: bignewt

VN Store

Back