Movies you've seen recently II

The Wandering Earth - 6/10. Chinese sci-fi flick on Netflix. Pretty well done, particularly the special effects.

Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars - 6/10. Animated movie. Casper Van Diem voices Johnny Rico. Has sort of a Halo:Forward Unto Dawn feel to it.

I'm not a Queen fan and had no interest in Bohemian Rhapsody, but watched it the other night and I didn't hate it.

I like that chick playing in Yesterday, I'll watch it eventually.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
I remember growing up I always thought about what it would be like if everybody else forgot the music of a certain artist and I could use it to become rich and famous.... I remember when I first saw a trailer for Yesterday I was so mad because somebody had beaten me to maybe brilliant screenplay idea 😂

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Toy Story 4. 8/10

Hopefully this is the last one. The 3rd one had closure, but if this ain’t it, I don’t know what Disney is doing, except squeezing out more money from the franchise.

Pixar has a track record of only making a movie if the story is worth telling. I think they originally intended for 3 to be the last movie and just make a short every now and then. But this story came along and they felt it needed to be told. It was a worth it to.

While I thought 3 was the perfect ending, I’m totally ok with the series continuing as long as the stories are this good. I don’t really see how they continue after but there is a reason I’m a simple web designer and not a writer at Pixar.

Avengers: Endgame 6.5/10

I saw this recently and have decided that it was just ok but fraught with poor writing. Compared to Infinity War this movie was a bust.

Watched the latest Men In Black. If I had not seen the first two with Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith, this one would have been pretty good.

Posted this in the Toy Story 4 thread

I saw it yesterday. I'd give it an 8/10. It was a pretty bittersweet ending.

The only thing that sort of bugged me was the movie gave me a vibe of being like the direct to video sequels they used to in the 90s/early 2000s (Lion King 2, Aladdin 2, Little Mermaid 2). Like the plot was ok but didn't seem quite big enough for a big time release. But since it's Toy Story and they don't do the direct to video (or I guess direct to streaming now) route they made it a big theater release.

VN Store

Back