Movies you've seen recently II

Haha I appreciate the conviction but man, I thought Us was funnier than Murder Mystery and Us isn’t even a comedy! Not to mention the best performance of the year so far from Lupita Nyong’o and a awesome score. I admit, I don’t think it did scary very well but I still thought it was exciting

Us sucked balls

Why do you hate orginality and ambition so much? Do they always stick the landing? No, but these guys like Peele and Hawley should get big points for breaking molds and trying something that doesn't require real housewives, a remake no one asked for or a live studio audience.

Why do you hate orginality and ambition so much? Do they always stick the landing? No, but these guys like Peele and Hawley should get big points for breaking molds and trying something that doesn't require real housewives, a remake no one asked for or a live studio audience.
so, just trying is good enought? we're handing out participation trophies and effort awards?

(i've not seen the movie, so i have no real opinion here)
:)

so, just trying is good enought? we're handing out participation trophies and effort awards?

(i've not seen the movie, so i have no real opinion here)
:)
All things equal, i celebrate originality and courage above a lot. Unfortunately our culture would rather watch remakes and sequels.

Now I know I’ll hate it. 😴

Reactions: jakez4ut and Behr
All things equal, i celebrate originality and courage above a lot. Unfortunately our culture would rather watch remakes and sequels.
What did you think of end game? I’m a bit marveled out so it was just a long meh for me. Wondering if you or others feel the same way. I ask because I see you like original ideas but do you also enjoy “popcorn” films? Sometimes I do just to give he brain a rest. I’ll go on a James Bond kick about once a year just because it’s fun

Reactions: bignewt

I think most just want to go to a movie and be entertained. Me and my Neanderthal friends have never been to a movie and celebrated its originality and courage. I'll look more forward to Fast and Furious 9 than this one you guys are talking about.

I'm happy there are movies out there for both of us.

Reactions: bignewt and butchna
I think most just want to go to a movie and be entertained. Me and my Neanderthal friends have never been to a movie and celebrated its originality and courage. I'll look more forward to Fast and Furious 9 than this one you guys are talking about.

I'm happy there are movies out there for both of us.
Bet you’ll munch on your poseur popcorn and wash it down with corporate Coca Cola! 😡

Reactions: Behr
What did you think of end game? I’m a bit marveled out so it was just a long meh for me. Wondering if you or others feel the same way. I ask because I see you like original ideas but do you also enjoy “popcorn” films? Sometimes I do just to give he brain a rest. I’ll go on a James Bond kick about once a year just because it’s fun

I didn't enjoy it half as much as Infinity War, it felt forced as was so very slow and lame for the first half.. I like popcorn movies sure. I loved Deadpool 1 & 2 (although I would say there was a certain "originality" to those) loved Guardians, loved Thor Ragnarok. @butchna loves to take shots at me for liking beautiful films that may not be paced at at breakneck speed or have the standard three acts but there is a certain amount of risk involved for the creator(s) as they do not fit into the studio formulas. I appreciate that a lot and give them points for it, even if the overall film isn't great. Was "Us" great? No. But it was good I felt and the originality of it was outstanding. I'd take that over a Child's Play remake or a Fast and the Furious 20 any day.

Nope. Last time I was in a Theatre was Revenge of the Sith. Before that it was A Few Good Men.
I used to avoid the theater as well but now I enjoy it. Of course, I go alone and there is no one to pester me for an hour or so

Reactions: Behr
I used to avoid the theater as well but now I enjoy it. Of course, I go alone and there is no one to pester me for an hour or so
Thats cool, it's just not my thing. I rarely sit down and watch a whole movie any more. Im usually wrapping shrimp with bacon, portioning tuna loin or something like that while watching. Just hard for me to sit still that long.

I'm sure Ill give in and go see Top Gun 2 though.

Reactions: bigdaddy

VN Store

Back