Mr. SEC ranks SEC coaches

Just checked rivals class rankings, Arky is last in the conference and sixtieth in the country.

This. And like 70 or higher on 247. Atleast they were. They got USCe,AU,UF,TAMU,Bama,Lsu,Ole Miss, MSU, and Rutgers this year. All of which are capable of beating Arkansas THIS year.just like us, arky lost alot of firepower. Wilson,Davis, Hamilton, Gragg, And Dennis Johnson just to name a few. They have a head coach that likes to pound the ball and an OC who likes 3rd Short Hail Marys. I just don't see it.

Last edited:
He coaches in the SEC West now. Not the weak ass Big Ten. He's about 80th in recruiting and prob wins 4-5 games this year. Bump this if I'm wrong. Feel free. Gonna be a bumpy ride over there. They are in way worse shape than we are.

Yes, they will struggle this year because they lost alot last year. New QB, new system, and new coach. In a lot of ways, they are similar to our Vols. but the guy can coach.

Reactions: 1 person
Did you really like Chaney? Who else came from Tenn to Arkansas? I think BB will do fine but the West is a grind.

I don't think he did like Chaney. But he was obviously changing the color of his shirt makes him a much better coach.

Butch will have to earn his respect in the SEC....hopefully it doesn't take too long.

GO Vols and Go CBJ!

Agree...wait a minute! Shouldn't that include pinky and bulemia or whatever too?:whistling: Don't like the list after...hate to say it...Saban and Spurrier...

Typical homer. Exaggerate the potential of our own coach while diminishing the accomplishments of rival coaches. Classic.

Arkys coach is going to be a bust in the sec. I live here and can't wait Butch will be the sec coach of the year

Yes, they will struggle this year because they lost alot last year. New QB, new system, and new coach. In a lot of ways, they are similar to our Vols. but the guy can coach.

Yea they are similar to UT right now but I think they have less than we do as a whole.

So is Nicky Satan rated by how good his teams are or how affective his coaching decisions are? Bilemma has a great coaching pedigree but if you rank him on his team this year, he won't look too hot.

So is Nicky Satan rated by how good his teams are or how affective his coaching decisions are? Bilemma has a great coaching pedigree but if you rank him on his team this year, he won't look too hot.

The end of summer is upon us — at least those of us here at MrSEC.com — and what better way to wind things down than with a list? Lists have become as American as the flag, Ford trucks and apple pie.

See? That was a list, too.

From ESPN to Bleacher Report, everyone is list crazy. They’re simple to put together and they tend to tick off 99.9% of those reading them. With that in mind, we give in to list-mania and provide you with this countdown of the Southeastern Conference’s best football coaches.

FYI: Body of work and degree of difficulty played a big role in our rankings. Here goes…

sheesh...:crazy:

Butch is better than #5,6, and 7

Ranking The SEC’s Coaches From Saban To Stoops

Ok, if they're using the logic of Bielema's past success to rank him #5 before ever coaching a game in the SEC, then how in the hell is Butch not ranked ahead of Franklin? Penishead is 15-11 after 2 years, with no "signature" wins, has played 2 of the softest schedules in the country, and hasn't finished higher than 4th either year in the SEC East. If past success in another league as a head coach matters enough to put Bielema at 5th, why does it not seem to matter in Butch's case with the success he's had? Fairly similar careers at this point.

Ok, if they're using the logic of Bielema's past success to rank him #5 before ever coaching a game in the SEC, then how in the hell is Butch not ranked ahead of Franklin? Penishead is 15-11 after 2 years, with no "signature" wins, has played 2 of the softest schedules in the country, and hasn't finished higher than 4th either year in the SEC East. If past success in another league as a head coach matters enough to put Bielema at 5th, why does it not seem to matter in Butch's case with the success he's had? Fairly similar careers at this point.

Agreed. And I believe Butch has way more success in Knox than Flat Top Bret will have in Fayetteville.

Sumlin should be higher. Pinkel should be lower. Bielma should be ahead of Jones just because he has experience in a major conference, but not #5.

Typical homer. Exaggerate the potential of our own coach while diminishing the accomplishments of rival coaches. Classic.

I don't exaggerate anything...I dare you find a post about me bragging about CBJ conference titles and shared titles.

VN Store

Back