Mr. SEC ranks SEC coaches

he hasnt coached a single SEC game yet he should be at the very bottom although i do expect him to work himself up that list

Clearly this Mr. SEC isn't using that logic if you read the list and note that another new coach with 0 SEC wins is ranked #5.

Arkansas's bo Mattingly stated yesterday that that out of all the sec coaches that the only two that could go to the nfl right now are les miles and bret beliema(sp)

He also claims their new coach is a better coach than petrino. He is defiantly off his rocker.

Ok, if they're using the logic of Bielema's past success to rank him #5 before ever coaching a game in the SEC, then how in the hell is Butch not ranked ahead of Franklin? Penishead is 15-11 after 2 years, with no "signature" wins, has played 2 of the softest schedules in the country, and hasn't finished higher than 4th either year in the SEC East. If past success in another league as a head coach matters enough to put Bielema at 5th, why does it not seem to matter in Butch's case with the success he's had? Fairly similar careers at this point.

The only thing I can think of is the author sees 3 straight Rose Bowl births more of an accomplishment than no bowl, Liberty Bowl, and Belk Bowl.

I know recruiting is a part of building a team, but what if CNS was coaching the Tennessee team for 3-4 years, would he still be rated number 1. We know he gets the pick of the litter in recruits, would he still be rated #1 coach with our players. <Let me be clear I would not want to trade any of our players for a Bama player>

I believe that defines a coach, someone who builds talents thru raw players.

The only thing I can think of is the author sees 3 straight Rose Bowl births more of an accomplishment than no bowl, Liberty Bowl, and Belk Bowl.

Could be right, but my point is not that Bielema shouldn't be ranked higher than Butch. It's simply that the logic of factoring his past coaching performance for his ranking was not applied to Butch, who has had a similar career. No way Franklin should be ahead of Butch.

I'm guessing that the title of Mr. SEC was a matter of self endowment.

John Pennington, not Dave Hooker.

Edit: the :crazy: makes me think maybe my sarcasm meter was broken.

Yep, your right, but they all look alike, sound the same and talk :crazy::confused: they remind me of the :stooges:

Could be right, but my point is not that Bielema shouldn't be ranked higher than Butch. It's simply that the logic of factoring his past coaching performance for his ranking was not applied to Butch, who has had a similar career. No way Franklin should be ahead of Butch.

Big ten > big east, MAC

Big ten > big east, MAC

I get that. Got no qualms with Bielema's ranking. He should be higher than Butch which he is. Neither has ever coached an SEC game though which means Bielema is being given credit for his previous coaching performance. My argument is that Butch is not .... that's the only possible explanation for him being ranked lower than Franklin and a couple others, but Franklin in particular. Butch's winning % and 4 conf titles in 6 yrs in 2 different conferences trumps Franklins record of not having finished higher than 4th in the SEC East in 2 years. If nothing else, Butch beat The West End Prick head to head a couple yrs ago in their bowl game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Meanwhile back at the author's seedy apartment...the logos of each said coach's team are completely disregarded....:question:

VN Store

Back