My head is spinning at all the GOP successes in Congress today

I think it would be easier to make a list of those who aren't crazy and/or morons. Creating a list of crazy and/or moronic individuals in congress would likely take some time to compile.
Not really. Start with a list of all members of Congress. Eliminate non-crazy or moronic individuals. It won't take long at all.

Well, obviously I am skeptical of outright bribes. But clearly Russian intelligence has managed to gain a foothold in some form or fashion within the extreme of the GOP.

To be clear, the vast, vast majority of GOP officials support aid to Ukraine. But there are a handful of extremists within the GOP (and that's all they need to create havoc) who along with Trump seem to be under Putin's influence, some how or some way.
again. you really need to under the complexity of:

Being America First, doesn't mean one is Pro-Russian/Putin.

i know you have been trained to only accept whatever outcome makes the Republicans look as bad as possible, but really try.

If I don't like Burger King, it doesn't mean I like McDonalds. It just means I don't like Burger King, and may think there is a better use for my money than buying fast food. Doesn't matter if Burger King will go bankrupt unless I buy their burgers.

by your own logic any aide going to Israel or the Palestinians would also be Pro Putin, because that is aide not going to Ukraine. any money kept at home should be cheered.

Well, obviously I am skeptical of outright bribes. But clearly Russian intelligence has managed to gain a foothold in some form or fashion within the extreme of the GOP.

To be clear, the vast, vast majority of GOP officials support aid to Ukraine. But there are a handful of extremists within the GOP (and that's all they need to create havoc) who along with Trump seem to be under Putin's influence, some how or some way.
Did it occur to you that there may be more pressing financial needs in this country instead of giving more money to Ukraine?

1713464112213.png

again. you really need to under the complexity of:

Being America First, doesn't mean one is Pro-Russian/Putin.

i know you have been trained to only accept whatever outcome makes the Republicans look as bad as possible, but really try.

If I don't like Burger King, it doesn't mean I like McDonalds. It just means I don't like Burger King, and may think there is a better use for my money than buying fast food. Doesn't matter if Burger King will go bankrupt unless I buy their burgers.

by your own logic any aide going to Israel or the Palestinians would also be Pro Putin, because that is aide not going to Ukraine. any money kept at home should be cheered.

And you need to know that the phrase "America First" could be used to justify any refusal to offer aid to another country, to any degree or for any purpose. The phrase is a crutch, used by the weak- minded, to draw false equivalencies such as "We need to protect our border before we send aid to X country" when the two are separable issues.

To the extent used to argue that we cannot afford it, again, that is a crutch, and is misleading.

Of all the people in the World who moist want see the US to turn itself inward and not offer assistance to the likes of Ukraine, who do you think that would be? Who benefits the most by comments from Trump threatening the commitment to NATO?

1713469578524.gif

And you need to know that the phrase "America First" could be used to justify any refusal to offer aid to another country, to any degree or for any purpose. The phrase is a crutch, used by the weak- minded, to draw false equivalencies such as "We need to protect our border before we send aid to X country" when the two are separable issues.

To the extent used to argue that we cannot afford it, again, that is a crutch, and is misleading.

Of all the people in the World who moist want see the US to turn itself inward and not offer assistance to the likes of Ukraine, who do you think that would be? Who benefits the most by comments from Trump threatening the commitment to NATO?

View attachment 635277
And you need to know that your argument has been used for decades to justify the next set of wars and spending that we have been stuck in.

Ukraine isn't part of NATO so that whole argument doesn't make sense. Giving aid to Ukraine is actively taking arms and support away from NATO. I also never brought up Trump, so another swing and a miss by you.

they aren't separable issues. Biden tied them together with that border bill you keep crying about. and they definitely aren't separable for me because it all comes down to money for me. and how is it misleading to say we can afford it? 34 Trillion in debt, Biden pushing a 7 trillion dollar budget while our tax revenue is 4.4 trillion. its more money, and more goods we aren't getting money for, out the door.

and apparently when you say "crutch" you mean "I can't argue with it, so I try to deflect." and your focus on hurting Putin shows that its not really about helping Ukraine. under your current logic a peace treaty would be Pro Putin too because Russia will no longer be hurt. you have taken a predetermined, and likely political stance, that only allows for war with Russia as a good outcome REGARDLESS of how many Americans are hurt. I don't remember you complaining about helping Russia when Hillary was hitting the reset button or Obama saying he would be more flexible after the election. <---which conveniently lead to the invasion of Ukraine in the first place. no condemnation for those traitors.

Reactions: BreatheUT and McDad
and how is it misleading to say we can afford it? 34 Trillion in debt, Biden pushing a 7 trillion dollar budget while our tax revenue is 4.4 trillion. its more money, and more goods we aren't getting money for, out the door.
And this (in fairness above and beyond Ukraine) is a big part of the problem. Like a kid first turned loose with a credit card or ATM PIN the money is just "there". It's not even a tangible entity. You want something you just write the check/slide the card and it's supposed to be covered. The numbers are so big now it's like it isn't "real" money anymore.

View attachment 635277
Oh now they are separabale issues? Jesus you can't keep track of your own hypocrisy. In the last two months you've shrieked that the GOP doesn't want border security. Yet they didn't sign off on those bills bc Ukraine funding was attached. Fraud

VN Store

Back