My take on the transfer class

Wouldn’t say @TheMookieMonster mocked you,
not sure if I did either, maybe I did.

I do know I posted info from other places that said they also felt confident about him. I don’t know I feel like that’s what a message board is for 🤷🏿‍♂️

Seems like your feelings are hurt that we didn’t 10000000% trust you….thats actually weird af
There was posts replying to mine from you guys mocking me saying things like should we still be patient, is this part of the plan, etc etc. And not bothered you don’t trust me, but then don’t also @ me asking me questions and for info, which you absolutely have done.

There was posts replying to mine from you guys mocking me saying things like should we still be patient, is this part of the plan, etc etc. And not bothered you don’t trust me, but then don’t also @ me asking me questions and for info, which you absolutely have done.
If you aren’t bothered why are you continually
responding back still crying about the matter?

That’s clown behavior

Reactions: vol94
If you aren’t bothered why are you continually
responding back still crying about the matter?

That’s clown behavior
Says the guy also responding lol. Like I said I was curious on updated thoughts, I was out of pocket most of last weekend when the Lanier news dropped.

I think you both have a fair point as it pertains to guys like Lanier, Milicic, and Dubar. We need to see those guys do it at the highest level before just assuming they are the latest and greatest. Our staff believes they can be, which should give us hope, but they also believed in guys like Tyreke Key, Jordan Gainey, and EJ Anosike. Not all those lightly-recruited, lower-level transfers translate their skill to the SEC level at similar outputs following success at the low-major level.

However, Felix Okpara is entirely outside of that mold and was the specific player mentioned in the post you quoted. Okpara was a consensus top-100 player, a kid Tennessee heavily recruited as a high school player, and has played with success at the highest level. He has similar efficiency number as a sophomore to what Aidoo had as a sophomore. He plays with more edge and aggression. He's a better finisher around the rim. There's a lot to be excited about with him and expectations are more fair because he's competed at this level with some success. An offseason with our staff developing him should present another level of improvement.

Long story short, there is less hope and blind optimism involved with expecting him to help adequately replace the departed than there are with the others.
What I like most about Okpara, and you mentioned it some Chris, is that he plays with a mean streak and tries to block everything. We haven't had a true rim protector like him in the Barnes era besides maybe Alexander or Pons but Yves was more of a weakside defender which would open up the backside for offensive rebounds.

I thought we had already discussed this and moved on, but I guess not. I made like 1 or maybe 2 posts clapping back at you about a comment you made regarding patience that was along the lines of “you’d have to be an insider to understand.” I misread it, you were being sarcastic, and I edited my posts and apologized to which you accepted the apology and we moved on.

Looks like your feelings are still hurt, which I don’t really understand, because you’re never shy about being kind of rude to others on here when you feel like it, so the fact you can’t let 1-2 posts that I corrected and apologized for go, and felt the need to tag me again, is ironic as Trippie said. Just weird.

And honestly not upset, although I’m sure your response will be that I am. If there’s an emotion or feeling attached I would say it’s comical or humorous that would better describe it, not upset. The over the top manic nature some posters have had through the portal cycle, riding the highs and lows of every update from not just Tennessee boards but also scouring opponents boards for info just to freak out and criticize the staff when in the end to ultimately look foolish YET AGAIN, is both entertaining and comedic to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

My post was more about “have any lessons been learned” rather than being upset, which I’m sure again you’ll say I am. Was trying to point out that for the 2nd year in a row many of the same posters who rode the emotional wave last year and criticized the staff/posters did so again this year just to once again be made to look foolish. Was curious if round 2 would cause some changes in that regard but judging from the responses it doesn’t seem so, to each their own.

And honestly not upset, although I’m sure your response will be that I am. If there’s an emotion or feeling attached I would say it’s comical or humorous that would better describe it, not upset. The over the top manic nature some posters have had through the portal cycle, riding the highs and lows of every update from not just Tennessee boards but also scouring opponents boards for info just to freak out and criticize the staff when in the end to ultimately look foolish YET AGAIN, is both entertaining and comedic to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

My post was more about “have any lessons been learned” rather than being upset, which I’m sure again you’ll say I am. Was trying to point out that for the 2nd year in a row many of the same posters who rode the emotional wave last year and criticized the staff/posters did so again this year just to once again be made to look foolish. Was curious if round 2 would cause some changes in that regard but judging from the responses it doesn’t seem so, to each their own.
Again, to feel like you needed to say this proves otherwise.

@mods please clean this **** up. There’s no need for these useless post. I’m tired of going back and fourth over the same ****.

@mods please clean this **** up. There’s no need for these useless post. I’m tired of going back and fourth over the same ****.
Yea, let’s instead freak out over recruitments and clutter the board with useless posts back and forth about Barnes needing to hang it up and not knowing how to recruit in the NIL era.

Let’s not act like every trilly update was treated like gospel on here by a few posters during the Lanier recruitment even when our insiders remained confident.

The first meltdown that NIL and the portal were the absolute "end of the world" and Tennessee basketball was effectively over was massively overwrought hysteria. The next round, that we couldn't compete in the portal -- when that is actually a strength of our program in the big 3 -- was more blind and needless emotional hysteria. Finally, all the panic about the garbage that the KY lobby was pumping out, as if they could determine events by predicting them (and some so-called experts sucking up to KY for clicks), was more overwrought emotionalism. This forum went full Football Forum, imo. I was shocked. Ignoring what BTO and SF had explained and going down every rabbit hole, manufacturing drama, demanding that whatever fall back there was should be publicly stated, the insanity went on and on.

VN Store

Back