My Thoughts Thus Far

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
1) Freak is true gentleman and a class act all the way. That being said, I need 2 tickets to UGA.

2) I like Worley and I fully appreciate that he is our best and, honestly, our only current option at Qb, but we will not upset anyone unless he gets the ball out much quicker. His level of play must be elevated if we are going to win one we shouldnt.

3) Im starting to think UF might be out biggest chance at an upset. Im shocked at how abysmal their O is this year.

4) So long Mo, hate it because we needed your production. I understand why you did it, but rules are rules.

5) Vincent Dallas need to duplicate his WKU production against the Ducks.

6) Im willing to bet CJJ hasnt slept all week.

7) This is how you beat the Ducks The NFL

8) Still waiting for our Oline to just blow someone off the ball when everyone knows what's coming. I want a 1st and goal at the 2 followed by the Dline knocked 4 yards into the end zone. Our guys have all the ability, but seem to lack the road-grader mentality.

9) How sweet is it to see Lane struggle in the bright lights of SoCal? What goes around...

10) My heart says the Vols dont get embarrassed Saturday, but my head says we lose 42 to 17.

Reactions: 13 people
I feel ya brother. I also think that UF is our biggest chance at an "upset", but then again they lost to Miami and looked awful. I fully expect them to not be in the top 25 by seasons end.

I agree with everyone. I do think CBJ shoulda put the other QBs in the previous 2 games just to further evaluate there in-game performance tho.

on the oline.. they need to show up the next two weeks or they r overrated.. which I've thought that since mid season last year.

not what to say about our qb except oline has to help him out via our run game.

on this weekend u have to ask yourself can worley n off score more than 14 to 17 pts n i just dont think they can. i say48 or 55 to 17.. qb gives them 10ptss

i stiill could bet against or for my vols via the spread..

I agree with everyone. I do think CBJ shoulda put the other QBs in the previous 2 games just to further evaluate there in-game performance tho.

I understand why he hasn't, he wants Worley to develop and he doesn't want to risk the younger guys. Worley needs all the snaps he can get and hopefully that will translate to improved on field performance.

*Edit*
To add, I thought Worley looked much better in the second half of the WKU game, he had a little more zip on the ball for a couple of those throws. I think his problem is mechanics at game speed, they can fix that and if they can't someone else will take the helm, Jones wants to put his team in the best position to win.

Last edited:
Worley may be our best option now, but I don't see him finishing this year. As for Mo, when I read that article I was angry. Seems our program always has something come up when things are improving. And our O-line better start knockin people around. They sure aren't playing like the #1 rated O-line.

on the oline.. they need to show up the next two weeks or they r overrated.. which I've thought that since mid season last year.

not what to say about our qb except oline has to help him out via our run game.

on this weekend u have to ask yourself can worley n off score more than 14 to 17 pts n i just dont think they can. i say48 or 55 to 17.. qb gives them 10ptss

i stiill could bet against or for my vols via the spread..

Easy to load the box when your passing attack is a work in progress

Reactions: 1 person
Worley may be our best option now, but I don't see him finishing this year. As for Mo, when I read that article I was angry. Seems our program always has something come up when things are improving. And our O-line better start knockin people around. They sure aren't playing like the #1 rated O-line.

If Worley can't get it done Jones will put someone else in, as I said before I think he just wants Worley to develop that's why we haven't seen much of the other three QBs. As for our Oline, I think they've played well, he have over 550 yards rushing through two games, that's nothing to sneeze at, even if it was a couple of cupcakes. I think what's impressed me the most is our front 7 on defense against the rush, they were making sure tackles and weren't out of position much, if at all, last saturday.

Haha! All joking aside it is interesting that Stanford gave up 48 to Arizona and then held Oregon to 14.

....and might I add with NO players even drafted into the NFL from Stanford D. Those boys are smart though. We better be too.

A couple few links from the opposing side for what it's worth. most of their posts are respectful of us taking note of last year's GA and SC games.
There's really nothing in these that we don't know already, but, interesting to see what the other side says anyway!
Oregon Ducks Football news, opinion, photos, and more | Bleacher Report

Oregon Ducks vs Tennessee Volunteers Complete Game Preview | Bleacher Report

I also read somewhere that they have won 16 home games in a row-most in the country. Are they due for an upset?

GO VOLS

VN Store

Back