NASA Announcement Tomorrow

Even if there is life on that planet, the odds of the atmosphere composition being compatible with earth life are infantismally small. Oxygen was initially a poisonous gas to the first batch of living organisms on earth.

Even if there is life on that planet, the odds of the atmosphere composition being compatible with earth life are infantismally small. Oxygen was initially a poisonous gas to the first batch of living organisms on earth.

Don't ruin the dream Sam, I've already got 1000 acres and a nice retirement home picked out.

Yep. And a planet that size, what would the gravity be? Soil composition to grow crops? Seasonal changes, effects on crop cycles?

Oh, and in case we find life on this new planet, I think this quote is somehow appropriate:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it.

Jack Handey

Reactions: 2 people
I didn't want to be the one to burst your bubble... Wait a minute, yes I did!

Fine, you are off the list for the housewarming BBQ of whatever animal inhabits that planet. I mean, you could be the first to enjoy a BBQ Space Pig, but you ruined it.

Fine, you are off the list for the housewarming BBQ of whatever animal inhabits that planet. I mean, you could be the first to enjoy a BBQ Space Pig, but you ruined it.

If there isn't oxygen, how you gonna get the bbq pit fired up? Give me good ol earth pig bbq any day of the week.

Who from VN could we send there to investigate if the oxygen is a poisonous gas?

If there isn't oxygen, how you gonna get the bbq pit fired up? Give me good ol earth pig bbq any day of the week.

As seen already, you far underestimate the power of redneck ingenuity when you say things like "it can't be done."

Trust me, if there's a way of cooking a space pig, a way will be found.

"Here, hold my beer and watch this..."

As seen already, you far underestimate the power of redneck ingenuity when you say things like "it can't be done."

Trust me, if there's a way of cooking a space pig, a way will be found.

"Here, hold my beer and watch this..."

Lol. I smell a Nobel Peace prize in your future... or is that just space bacon?

You aren't smelling anything because you aren't invited to the first Ex-Terran BBQ.

Thank you. He's part of that lot that would bring a single serving of grocery store slaw I'm sure of it. Ill bring the beer. Ill have a selection of Coors light, bud light, yuengling, sweeter water 420 and other craft beers. I might get corona and limes.. depends on the weekend sales at Winn Dixie.

Thank you. He's part of that lot that would bring a single serving of grocery store slaw I'm sure of it. Ill bring the beer. Ill have a selection of Coors light, bud light, yuengling, sweeter water 420 and other craft beers. I might get corona and limes.. depends on the weekend sales at Winn Dixie.

Nothing wrong with some Kroger Cole slaw or potato salad!

LG. No offense to him personally, but he is a gator fan,

And liberal :)

LG is a good guy, misguided but a good contributor to the forun. There is a good group of posters here with varying viewpoints. The troublemakers that show up usually don't last long.

LG is a good guy, misguided but a good contributor to the forun. There is a good group of posters here with varying viewpoints. The troublemakers that show up usually don't last long.

Ive been here longer than all you *****es

So it says that the year is 385 days long, only 5% longer than Earth. But I haven't seen how long the days last? With it being that much bigger I'd think the days would be longer but I'm no physicist lol. Just makes me wonder

Wouldn't it depend on how fast the planet rotates on its axis? Theoretically I think it could be bigger and the days are exactly the same length.

Wouldn't it depend on how fast the planet rotates on its axis? Theoretically I think it could be bigger and the days are exactly the same length.

it could be. moons, amount of surface water and a myriad of other factors could effect this.

VN Store

Back