Nashville School Shooting

It’s not a large caliber. Google is something my 10 year old can use…

Ok, it is not large caliber. M4 lets you shoot auto bursts. AR15 doesn't have that feature.

Just forget all the little nit-picking details that seem to throwing you off the trail. Look at the list Washington state published on Saturday. That is what we need banned.

Here is the list of the specific firearms included in the bill that would be banned. See how the AR15, M16, or M4 are all grouped together.
  • AK-47 in all forms
  • AK-74 in all forms
  • Algimec AGM-1 type semiautomatic
  • American Arms Spectre da semiautomatic carbine
  • AR15, M16, or M4 in all forms
  • AR 180 type semiautomatic
  • Argentine L.S.R. semiautomatic
  • Australian Automatic
  • Auto-Ordnance Thompson M1 and 1927 semiautomatics
  • Barrett .50 cal light semiautomatic
  • Barrett .50 cal M87
  • Barrett .50 cal M107A1
  • Barrett REC7
  • Beretta AR70/S70 type semiautomatic
  • Bushmaster Carbon 15
  • Bushmaster ACR
  • Bushmaster XM-15
  • Bushmaster MOE
  • Calico models M100 and M900
  • CETME Sporter 4CIS SR 88 type semiautomatic
  • Colt CAR 15
  • Daewoo K-1
  • Daewoo K-2
  • Dragunov semiautomatic
  • Fabrique Nationale FAL in all forms
  • Fabrique Nationale F2000
  • Fabrique Nationale L1A1 Sporter
  • Fabrique Nationale M249S
  • Fabrique Nationale PS90
  • Fabrique Nationale SCAR
  • FAMAS .223 semiautomatic
  • Galil
  • Heckler & Koch G3 in all forms
  • Heckler & Koch HK-41/91
  • Heckler & Koch HK-43/93
  • Heckler & Koch HK94A2/3
  • Heckler & Koch MP-5 in all forms
  • Heckler & Koch PSG-1
  • Heckler & Koch SL8
  • Heckler & Koch UMP
  • Manchester Arms Commando MK-45
  • Manchester Arms MK-9
  • SAR-4800
  • SIG AMT SG510 in all forms
  • SIG SG550 in all forms
  • SKS
  • Spectre M4
  • Springfield Armory BM-59
  • Springfield Armory G3
  • Springfield Armory SAR-8
  • Springfield Armory SAR-48
  • Springfield Armory SAR-3
  • Springfield Armory M-21 sniper
  • Springfield Armory M1A 7Smith & Wesson M&P 15
  • Sterling Mk 1
  • Sterling Mk 6/7
  • Steyr AUG
  • TNW M230
  • FAMAS F11
  • Uzi 9mm carbine/rifle

Ok, it is not large caliber. M4 lets you shoot auto bursts. AR15 doesn't have that feature.

Just forget all the little nit-picking details that seem to throwing you off the trail. Look at the list Washington state published on Saturday. That is what we need banned.

Here is the list of the specific firearms included in the bill that would be banned. See how the AR15, M16, or M4 are all grouped together.
  • AK-47 in all forms
  • AK-74 in all forms
  • Australian Automatic
  • Barrett .50 cal M87
  • Barrett .50 cal M107A1
  • Barrett REC7
  • Bushmaster Carbon 15
  • Bushmaster ACR
  • Bushmaster XM-15
  • Bushmaster MOE
  • Colt CAR 15
  • Daewoo K-1
  • Daewoo K-2
  • Dragunov semiautomatic
  • Galil
  • Heckler & Koch PSG-1
  • Heckler & Koch SL8
  • Heckler & Koch UMP
  • Manchester Arms MK-9
  • SAR-4800
  • SIG SG550 in all forms
  • SKS
  • Spectre M4
  • Springfield Armory G3
  • Sterling Mk 1
  • Sterling Mk 6/7
  • Steyr AUG
  • TNW M230
  • FAMAS F11
  • Uzi 9mm carbine/rifle
So what is your approach to those that have them already, and what is your plan when you find somebody with one?

• AK-47 in all forms
  • AK-74 in all forms
  • Australian Automatic
  • Barrett .50 cal M87
  • Barrett .50 cal M107A1
  • Barrett REC7
  • Bushmaster Carbon 15
  • Bushmaster ACR
  • Bushmaster XM-15
  • Bushmaster MOE
  • Colt CAR 15
  • Daewoo K-1
  • Daewoo K-2
  • Dragunov semiautomatic
  • Galil
  • Heckler & Koch PSG-1
  • Heckler & Koch SL8
  • Heckler & Koch UMP
  • Manchester Arms MK-9
  • SAR-4800
  • SIG SG550 in all forms
  • SKS
  • Spectre M4
  • Springfield Armory G3
  • Sterling Mk 1
  • Sterling Mk 6/7
  • Steyr AUG
  • TNW M230
  • FAMAS F11
  • Uzi 9mm carbine/rifle
It's not nitpicking when you're seeking to ban things you clearly don't know anything about. Your list was created by very similar people

• AK-47 in all forms
  • AK-74 in all forms
  • Australian Automatic
  • Barrett .50 cal M87
  • Barrett .50 cal M107A1
  • Barrett REC7
  • Bushmaster Carbon 15
  • Bushmaster ACR
  • Bushmaster XM-15
  • Bushmaster MOE
  • Colt CAR 15
  • Daewoo K-1
  • Daewoo K-2
  • Dragunov semiautomatic
  • Galil
  • Heckler & Koch PSG-1
  • Heckler & Koch SL8
  • Heckler & Koch UMP
  • Manchester Arms MK-9
  • SAR-4800
  • SIG SG550 in all forms
  • SKS
  • Spectre M4
  • Springfield Armory G3
  • Sterling Mk 1
  • Sterling Mk 6/7
  • Steyr AUG
  • TNW M230
  • FAMAS F11
  • Uzi 9mm carbine/rifle
I'm pretty sure this is just a list of guns already banned from the federal 1994 bill. So that would just be redundant. And the ban for most of those guns are still in effect, if I'm thinking right.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this is just a list of guns already banned from the federal 1994 bill. So that would just be redundant. And the ban for most of those guns are still in effect, if I'm thinking right.

As has been pointed out, I have zero clue on this subject matter. With that consideration, how did the Nashville shooter legally buy an AK-15 if it is listed on Fed ban? Why is Washington state passing this law if redundant?

As has been pointed out, I have zero clue on this subject matter. With that consideration, how did the Nashville shooter legally buy an AK-15 if it is listed on Fed ban? Why is Washington state passing this law if redundant?
The ban expired on the federal level. Any fully automatic weapons built after 1986 are still illegal. Semi auto, which an ar15 is, is legal. I probably worded my response poorly. I think Washington State is trying to bring back the original 1994 ban. There was a strong chance in 2013, but it didn't pass on the federal level.

Last edited:
I trash one party, Republicans, because they do nothing about gun violence. You say that I don't want to solve anything? I didn't realize that I was in a position to make laws in America. I'm not--the legislators are, and the GOP ones do nothing. Perhaps reading is not a strength: I've said multiple times--as have huge numbers of people all over America, that assault rifles should be banned, as a starting point. I pointed out that they were banned for a decade or so--and mass shootings went down significantly as a result. It's obvious they should be banned. All we hear from conservatives and GOP politicians is the lame "oh, nothing can be done," or "we need to arm teachers.' Please. It's the usual irresponsibility from people who are apparently OK with gun violence. The way you reduce gun violence is to get rid of guns--period, I would ban assault rifles and handguns--no sale, no manufacture, no import. It's not going to happen until we get a Supreme Court that takes a different view of the 2nd Amendment.

In District of Columbia vs. Heller, former SCOTUS Justice Scalia, a conservative, wrote that “Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. [It is] not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” I lived in Japan for a couple of years: There is NO gun violence in that country, because there are no guns in that country. Britain has very few guns and little gun violence. Most murders are committed with knives--stabbings. Nobody is going to walk into a school with a knife and kill 5, 10, 15 or more people as you can with an assault rifle or array of guns. FACT.

Yes, more should be done to address mental-health issues in America--but it probably won't be. Most people with mental-health issues aren't even diagnosed much less treated. They themselves would tell you that they don't have any problems, when in fact they do. Major changes to our insurance and medical system would be needed to get millions of people treatment or counseling for their problems. It would require more government coverage--and, guess what: Republicans don't like government. They're irresponsible.

The political right in America is sick. There are conservatives in America who want to make a hero of Kyle Rittenhouse--that stupid kid who drove from Illinois into Wisconsin and showed up at a street protest with an assault rifle. He got into confrontations with people at the protest and shot and kiulled 2 people and wounded another--all of whom were unarmed. He claimed he was defending himself and somehow was let off by an incompetent OJ Simpson-style jury. He basically didn't like protestors, so he showed up with an assault rifle and killed a couple of them. He should be in prison. We now have Texas governor Abbott--a crazy conservative--claiming he's going to pardon a man who killed a protester even though a Texas jury just convicted him of murder. In other words, Abbott has no respect for a jury decision or our judicial system. These "stand your ground" laws passed by red state Republicans are another example of how sick and irresponsible Republicans have become. If you get into a scuffle or fight with somebody, they think it's OK if one of the individuals can pull out a gun and shoot the other person. It's nonsense, dangerous, absurd.

The Republican party has been taken over by rednecks and religious and political extremists, and I will continue to rail at them until they start acting to protect the American public instead of seriously endangering the American public, which is what they have done and continue to do.

The Dems had the Supreme Court, the House, the Presidency and a 60 seat super-majority in the Senate in 2009-2010 and they CHOSE to do nothing....

Blame your own party for once. They had the chance and they failed to act.

Fertilizer killed 186 people in OKC.

Most people killed by guns are killed by pistols. Not AR’s.

A gun by itself can do nothing. It has to have someone to act. In an offensive or defensive manner.

Passing laws does nothing. Criminals don’t follow laws. Only law abiding citizens do. We forget - 3K + people were killed on 9-11 from box cutters and airplanes.

When we took away mental facilities for people who need them - the problems began. We’re also over-medicated.

Anyone with evil in their heart will do evil.

Fertilizer killed 186 people in OKC.

Most people killed by guns are killed by pistols. Not AR’s.

A gun by itself can do nothing. It has to have someone to act. In an offensive or defensive manner.

Passing laws does nothing. Criminals don’t follow laws. Only law abiding citizens do. We forget - 3K + people were killed on 9-11 from box cutters and airplanes.

When we took away mental facilities for people who need them - the problems began. We’re also over-medicated.

Anyone with evil in their heart will do evil.
The mental health facilities need to be brought back, and doctors need to quit prescribing all the adhd drugs to kids.

VN Store

Back