Nate Peterman being overlooked

Just wondering why this guy is being so overlooked....he has a strong arm, quick release and can scramble pretty good. Was the number 8 ranked overall QB on Rivals, a pretty big recruiting get. Everyone is talking about Dobbs and Fergerson but Peterman is bigger, stronger and a year in college unlike either of them.

Here are some of his HS highlights:

Nathan Peterman - Tennessee Commit - Senior Highlights - YouTube

Thanks Nate. There went five minutes you could have been studying the playbook.

Reactions: 1 person
Bud he's not being overlooked.

Worley broke records with what he can do and we judge him off what Bray couldn't do.

Dobbs and Fergerson both have their talents; hell, everyone has their individual talents. However, the talents to make this football team work are not based on and individual, it's based on a team - a collective effect from the 11 guys on the offense, not one person.

Is Worley the guy? Is peterman the guy? Is Dobbs the guy? Is Fergerson the guy? Nobody knows bud.

All I can say is that we have a coaching staff that does know, and if they don't, they will figure it out.

We can't hand anyone the crown when we don't know what the King is thinking. We shouldn't judge anyone until the ball is in the court and results count.

Just my opinion but all of these what if threads are born out of bordem, not necessity.

Bingo. You probably should have thrown a few more "buds" in there though. :p

Give it a rest. Im sure out coaching staff can determine the best man for the job. It really sucks that the offseason is so much longer than the season itself.

Jones: Good grief Mike I sure wish Bray stayed here
Bajakian: Yeah I am not too exited about Worley
Jones: Me either, we do have a couple of freshman though, the smart guy and the country guy, either of them any good?
Bajakian: meh
Jones: OH CRAP WAIT - who dat #12?!? -
Bajakian: Oh hell you are right - WE ALMOST FREAKING OVERLOOKED HIM
Jones: YO 12... get over here, what is your name son?

Peterman: Peterman sir. How can I help you, coach?
Jones: You have massive potential, son. Lets watch your Orange and White game footage.
(Watches game footage)
Jones: Go tell Worley he's number one on the depth chart.

Good stuff. I laughed, then I laughed harder.

The fans are overlooking him in hopes of starting a freshman. The coaches are not. I fully expect to see Worley as the starter and Peterman as the number two. LOL, the freshman coming in don't even weigh 200lbs.

Just wondering why this guy is being so overlooked....he has a strong arm, quick release and can scramble pretty good. Was the number 8 ranked overall QB on Rivals, a pretty big recruiting get. Everyone is talking about Dobbs and Fergerson but Peterman is bigger, stronger and a year in college unlike either of them.

Definitely not being overlooked. He is listed as co-starter and was recruited by the staff at Cincy, so he is their type of QB. He is more athletic than Worley and has the better arm. He just needs to take better care of the ball and I think this Fall he will look alot better with them having a full alotment of WR's and hopefully he will be able to showcase his athleticism, which they didnt let him do in the spring and spring game. Could easily see him as our next QB.

Our QB play won't win us a game this year. I just hope it doesn't kill us.

Not sure about that. Our QB will need to win us games and not kill us either. We dont have any dominant RB's and we dont have a top 10notch defense. Our QB and receivers are gonna have to win us some games.

Its obvious by CBJ's history.. the best player will play and your position is NEVER safe.

i highly doubt he is being looked over,hopefully him or Worley wins the starting spot,if one of the freshmen wins it,it could be a huge problem,most likely Worley and Peterman could leave and the other freshman might go to greener pastures,highly unlikely i know,but it could happen

Peterman is a RS FR, but I know what your saying. I really want Nate to win the job.

Jones: You have massive potential, son. Lets watch your Orange and White game footage.
(Watches game footage)

Cant judge based on the O&W game. Peterman was throwing to walk on WR's and couldnt use his athleticism to extend plays or to make plays. Not a fair assessment, thats why both are listed #1 on the depth chart.

Definitely not being overlooked. He is listed as co-starter and was recruited by the staff at Cincy, so he is their type of QB. He is more athletic than Worley and has the better arm. He just needs to take better care of the ball and I think this Fall he will look alot better with them having a full alotment of WR's and hopefully he will be able to showcase his athleticism, which they didnt let him do in the spring and spring game. Could easily see him as our next QB.

He doesn't have a stronger arm than Worley.

He doesn't have a stronger arm than Worley.

Yes sir he absolutely does. One of Petermans strengths was his arm and that was one of the knocks on Worley coming out of HS, his lack of arm strength. It has gotten stronger but still not as strong as Nates.

Yes sir he absolutely does. One of Petermans strengths was his arm and that was one of the knocks on Worley coming out of HS, his lack of arm strength. It has gotten stronger but still not as strong as Nates.

Did you see where they clocked Tyler Bray, then clocked Worley? Worley was just behind Bray. I saw nothing in the O/W game to lead me to believe his arm is stronger than Worley's. And comparing Worley's arm as a college JR. To a HS senior...LOL

(Watches game footage)

And there's the rub. Everyone is judging him based mostly off the O&W game. But he wasn't allowed to run, couldn't break any tackles and couldn't make things happen with his feet. I think he was severely limited by the rules of the game. He's the type of QB that needs to be moving and making things happen instead of just sitting back and waiting. I think he'll surprise some folks when he gets his chance.

Did you see where they clocked Tyler Bray, then clocked Worley? Worley was just behind Bray. I saw nothing in the O/W game to lead me to believe his arm is stronger than Worley's. And comparing Worley's arm as a college JR. To a HS senior...LOL

I didnt compare it, I said his arm had gotten stronger since then. Please read and let it sink it before commenting please. Yes I saw that and was a few mph behind Bray. That means nothing btw. When it comes to the longer throws and deeper passes Peterman has the stronger arm and much, much more athletic. Im not gonna sit here and argue with you, thats always been a knock on Worley and thats arm strength. Will take the guys that do it for a living over what Rick Astleys lil bro says. Just sayn. Doesnt matter what you or I think anyway, just the coachs.

And there's the rub. Everyone is judging him based mostly off the O&W game. But he wasn't allowed to run, couldn't break any tackles and couldn't make things happen with his feet. I think he was severely limited by the rules of the game. He's the type of QB that needs to be moving and making things happen instead of just sitting back and waiting. I think he'll surprise some folks when he gets his chance.

Agreed. He may be more comfortable getting out of the pocket and throwing on the run. He was definitely held back in the spring game and not able to use one of his strengths. Plus he didnt have any WR's that would ever touch the field in a real game. And even with that Worley couldnt seperate himself and win the job, which tells me alot.

I didnt compare it, I said his arm had gotten stronger since then. Please read and let it sink it before commenting please. Yes I saw that and was a few mph behind Bray. That means nothing btw. When it comes to the longer throws and deeper passes Peterman has the stronger arm and much, much more athletic. Im not gonna sit here and argue with you, thats always been a knock on Worley and thats arm strength. Will take the guys that do it for a living over what Rick Astleys lil bro says. Just sayn. Doesnt matter what you or I think anyway, just the coachs.

LOL...it does matter. They clocked him and dude was slinging the damn rock. I just gave a real legit example showing his arm strength won't be the problem. McCaron from Bama doesn't have great arm strength. He's just fine. Just seams to me that you keep making blanket statements in defense of Peterman that have no basis.

You say they are co-starters based on the depth chart released the other day. The same depth chart that had no Marlin Lane, Latroy Lewis, or Corey Vereen. Seems legit, LMAO. Then you discount stone cold proof that Worley's arm strength isn't a problem.

Stay classy Jason. And I know it's hard, but if you can stay honest. LOL

LOL...it does matter. They clocked him and dude was slinging the damn rock. I just gave a real legit example showing his arm strength won't be the problem. McCaron from Bama doesn't have great arm strength. He's just fine. Just seams to me that you keep making blanket statements in defense of Peterman that have no basis.

You say they are co-starters based on the depth chart released the other day. The same depth chart that had no Marlin Lane, Latroy Lewis, or Corey Vereen. Seems legit, LMAO. Then you discount stone cold proof that Worley's arm strength isn't a problem.

Stay classy Jason. And I know it's hard, but if you can stay honest. LOL

You can clock however fast you want, but I don't know about his deep passes. I like Peterman better because he deals with pressure better. He's got more poise than Worley does. I think I've mentioned the 5 areas thing before I'm sure. Strength, accuracy, leadership, poise, and decision making. The only reason I don't put in mobility is I don't think its as important as those 5 things.

Rich - thank you for saying that you saw what I did on TV that day. Bray threw it 54 mph. Worley threw it 50 mph. The average NFL QB throws it 45-50 mph. Posters thought I was making it up when I have brought it up in the past.

Posters get emotionally attached to their favorites. Butch & staff will not. Peterman does not throw it harder that Worley. Peterman is more mobile than Worley. By the appearance of things in the spring, Worley thinks on the field quicker than Peterman. That may be because he has more experience or it may be just the way it is.

Examples: Crompton could throw it 50+ mph - straight into the ground or into the stands. He could not think quick enough and reacted with his passing by throwing hard inaccurately. Kiffin dumbed down the passing scheme to accommodate, just like Chaney did with Bray. Bray locked on the intermediate to deep routes. He could care less about seeing the whole field and the dump down. So Chaney devised a scheme that handled that and added the bubble when CP arrived.

This staff will do the same things with what they have to work with once a QB emerges. But to say Worley doesn't have the arm strength is ludicrous. Ignore any poster that says that. Worley tends to use touch and arc more in his passing than Bray did. The staff will coach him into less of that because of the speed of SEC d-backs. You saw Randolph pick him off when he tried it in the O/W game.

Last edited:

I can post highlights too.

Northwestern vs South Pointe; Aug. 28, 2010 - YouTube

VN Store

Back