National title game thread

Memphis snatched the old proverbial defeat from the jaws of victory. And the state of Tennnessee is denied again their first men's basketball national championship.

There is no way Memphis would claim this as the first championship for Tennessee, so I wouldn't have, either. As far as I am concerned, Memphis is barely a part of Tennessee. I'm not happy Kansas won, because really I don't care. I just like the Memphis had to eat their words, and proved that all the talk ALL YEAR about FT shooting was warranted. I guess "when it counts" is next year?

show me the money.... don't think i got first, but i think i'm still taking home 150. doesn't hurt too bad.

You'd think that after UT and Pearl beat Memphis by fouling when up 3, Cal would be aware of the strategy.

I really admire Cal, but he made some horrible calls at the end of the game. Fouling Chalmers with 45 seconds left and you're only down by three? What was he thinking?

Cal also said something to the effect of, "If we rebound, defend, and do all the other things well, FT shooting won't matter."

"We'll make them when it counts."
I don't care for Cal, but what do want him to say as he's asked 400 times per day?

How's this, "well, I tell the guys they suck and FTs are sure to be their doom, so we're considering folding the tents for the season."

show me the money.... don't think i got first, but i think i'm still taking home 150. doesn't hurt too bad.

I snuck out a few Benjamins as well, vfb. Although I wish this one could have ended under different circumstances. I really feel for CDR right now.

great mention of Bruce Pearl on ESPN right now and how Pearl beat Memphis with the foul only up by 3

VN Store

Back