National title game thread

I never thought the semifinals would be double digit games, so this game is also impossible to score. We will just have to wait, sit back and enjoy. :peace2:

therealUT is a man of endless sorrow...

I don't know who will win, but I doubt it will be by more than ten.

Is the general consensus pulling for Tiger High based on their location, or is the board split KU/Memp? I'm curious. Being Vol fans I would assume the latter.

Tigers were supposed to lose to Mich St., spanked em. They were supposed to lose to Texas, spanked em. They were supposed to lose to UCLA, spanked em. Now all the experts will say that Kansas matches up with them better than any of the other teams. I forsee a SPANKIN!

This is the first time since Miss State where people are leaning towards Memphis, just no denying then when they are clicking on the court

One thing that stuck out to me with the KU and UNC game that might play apart in tonights game was turnovers, KU had 19 that's not good for KU. Memphis handles the ball very well and if KU turnsover the ball 19 times on Memphis, thats almost 40 extra points for Memphis. Sorry Trut. :p

Tigers were supposed to lose to Mich St., spanked em. They were supposed to lose to Texas, spanked em. They were supposed to lose to UCLA, spanked em. Now all the experts will say that Kansas matches up with them better than any of the other teams. I forsee a SPANKIN!

This is the first time since Miss State where people are leaning towards Memphis, just no denying then when they are clicking on the court
Yes, and they did not exactly "spank" the Bulldogs...

Memphis had impressive wins against UCLA and Texas. If you are somehow impressed with their win over the Spartans, that is your prerogative.

Just found out that Hightower is one of the refs. tonight. Thank god! I just have to worry about the others. I don't know who the others are, still checking.

Ted Valentine?

No, I really really hope they keep Ted at home for this game. I have made some calls the only one that is 100% is Hightower, which is really good. He is a good ref., I haven't heard anything about the other refs yet.

I'm almost certain they wouldn't let Teddy V screw this up. robbins how do you think we do in this one. Personally, I'm a lil worried.

I'm almost certain they wouldn't let Teddy V screw this up. robbins how do you think we do in this one. Personally, I'm a lil worried.

First let me say KU is one of the best if not the best team in the NCAA. I had them and Memphis in the Champ. game for a reason, there gooood, very good. I have to go with Memphis on this game by 3 or 4 due to the fact KU turns it over so much more than Memphis does and you know what happen happens when the Tigers get a TO. = points. That's how close this game will be. I have picked the Tigers from day one when I went to the FXF. in the preseason to watch the team and what I saw and the way Cal has tought this team is priceless. Like Cal or not, and I know there alot that don't, he has done a hell of a job with this team. I see no reason why I shouldn't keep to my word and not stick with the Tigers. IMO!

I'd say Memphis has the better future NBA types on its roster.
Other than Derrick Rose, I do not see any of the current Memphis players making a big splash in the NBA (yes, I am talking about CDR and Dorsey).

However, I think that Rush, Chalmers, Arthur, and Kaun will be big time contributors over their careers in the NBA.

Other than Derrick Rose, I do not see any of the current Memphis players making a big splash in the NBA (yes, I am talking about CDR and Dorsey).

However, I think that Rush, Chalmers, Arthur, and Kaun will be big time contributors over their careers in the NBA.
I would trade even the two Memphis guards for all 4 of the KU types. CDR and Rose will be long term very productive NBA starters.

Rush and Chalmers might be good pros and both might start, but Arthur and Kaun are going to be career bench heaters unless on teams where they'll lose about 65 games per season.

Yes, and they did not exactly "spank" the Bulldogs...

Memphis had impressive wins against UCLA and Texas. If you are somehow impressed with their win over the Spartans, that is your prerogative.

I never said they "spanked" the bulldogs, although missed free throws made that game alot closer than it actually was. When you have every commentator picking either Mich St. or Pitt as their upset special over the Tigers and they get smoke checked instead then yes it is impressive to me, as is their entire postseason play.

I never said they "spanked" the bulldogs, although missed free throws made that game alot closer than it actually was. When you have every commentator picking either Mich St. or Pitt as their upset special over the Tigers and they get smoke checked instead then yes it is impressive to me, as is their entire postseason play.
Interesting, Memphis being Memphis actually made the game closer than it should have been?!?!

You do understand that the margin of victory in the UCLA game was a greater because Memphis shot 87% from the charity stripe?

Of course you think that.

I hope the San Antonio River doesn't spontaneously ignite due to the heat coming out of the Alamo Dome. Heard a female fan on the radio in Memphis say she had a new nickname for one of the Tiger players that I thought was good. Her favorite player is now called San Antonio Anderson.... :clapping:

VN Store

Back