Navy vs. Notre Dame in Ireland

Rockytoptalker

The first matchup of the 2023 season is upon us, as Navy and Notre Dame square off in Dublin, Ireland at 2:30 pm (Eastern).

The past few seasons have shown Navy to have issues in opening games, but with a new coach, who knows? I’m hoping for a good game!

Reactions: feathersax
My opinion: Notre Dame will be a contender for playoffs. Sam Hartman is a real QB (was at Wake Forest and the 40 pts/game teams). If ND defense does well against the Navy O (not easy to do), could be tough team

Reactions: irish1485
My opinion: Notre Dame will be a contender for playoffs. Sam Hartman is a real QB (was at Wake Forest and the 40 pts/game teams). If ND defense does well against the Navy O (not easy to do), could be tough team

Everyone boo this man.

Last thing the world really needs is for ND to make the playoffs and get blown out. Yet again. Like always.

Not saying I don't enjoy watching ND get embarrassed-I certainly do but no need to give them a playoff birth to see that.

Expecting every year for a 10-2 or 9-3 Notre Dame team to get a playoff birth when the playoffs expand. Probably will be given a home game.

Would be awesome though for the vols to play the Irish in the upcoming years in a playoff game.

Reactions: tbwhhs
I like Freeman and I think he gets ND to the playoffs this year.. that being said I also think they get blown out

Not a bad crowd. Funny to see people in jackets and sweatshirts

As long as their offensive line protects him, he should be fine. His biggest issues were when the constant hits (in Wake Forest's scheme, with their lessened offensive line talent/abilities) led to him getting happy feet.

That said, putting up the numbers he did at a school like Wake Forest and getting them for the first time in their school's history into the top 10 (3 times during 2 seasons) for is still nuts. That game against Clemson last year was almost entirely him carrying that team (20-29 for 337 yards and 6 TDs).

Is NBC delaying the airing of this Notre Dame game in the entire nation, or is it just an UNBELIEVABLY STUPID decision in my local market? They aren't airing the Notre Dame game until 1pm Arizona time (delayed 1.5 hours) so they can show the Arizona Cardinals preseason game. I doubt even the parents and wives of the players give a damn about the Arizona Cardinals preseason game.

Who else here thinks it would be neat for the Dublin, Ireland game one year to be Tennessee vs Notre Dame?

The two schools' colors perfectly encapsulate the two main colors on each side of the Irish flag:

I'm always up for kicking Notre Dame's a$$, so count me in.

Reactions: WillisWG
Is NBC delaying the airing of this Notre Dame game in the entire nation, or is it just an UNBELIEVABLY STUPID decision in my local market? They aren't airing the Notre Dame game until 1pm Arizona time (delayed 1.5 hours) so they can show the Arizona Cardinals preseason game. I doubt even the parents and wives of the players give a damn about the Arizona Cardinals preseason game.

The game started at 2:30pm Eastern....so I'm guessing just your market due to contractual obligations with whoever they get the Cardinals' preseason game broadcasts from.

The game started at 2:30pm Eastern....so I'm guessing just your market due to contractual obligations with whoever they get the Cardinals' preseason game broadcasts from.
I know why...NBC executive stupidity. I'm venting.

VN Store

Back