'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

Based on actual info or just the fact uga usually get who they want?
No info but it wouldn’t be surprising. Georgia is Georgia, it’s an elite program currently. There have been some off the field issues but for the most part it’s hard to say much negative about them.

Clemson is interesting bc Anna sounded optimistic but not confident there. Dabo and company really push for kids to jump in there. Elephant in the room with Clemson is they haven’t done as good a job at the position in putting kids in the league based on the amount of talent they’ve got. She mentions this bc every other team is pointing that out.

Tennessee has a lot going for them and the have GMac working on landing him as well. I think in the end it’s going to be about comfort level and any of those schools can land him.

No info but it wouldn’t be surprising. Georgia is Georgia, it’s an elite program currently. There have been some off the field issues but for the most part it’s hard to say much negative about them.

Clemson is interesting bc Anna sounded optimistic but not confident there. Dabo and company really push for kids to jump in there. Elephant in the room with Clemson is they haven’t done as good a job at the position in putting kids in the league based on the amount of talent they’ve got. She mentions this bc every other team is pointing that out.

Tennessee has a lot going for them and the have GMac working on landing him as well. I think in the end it’s going to be about comfort level and any of those schools can land him.
IMO his comments about family feel and culture are those of a kid who's more likely to be drawn to UT and Clemson than to UGA. UGA's formula has obviously been incredibly successful, but that culture is, pardon the pun, dog eat dog. Again, it works, and certain kids are (at least initially) drawn to it. But it's not for everyone.

To @DaddyChad's point, I think the respective trajectories of the programs and GMac give us an edge over Clemson. I do think we had a tactical setback when the junior day he was going to attend was canceled right after he was at Clemson, so they *MAY* have slight momentum currently. But if he sticks with his plan of coming here in March for a spring practice and then for the spring game - all before his OV - then we're in fine shape IMO. Of course we'll all be sweating his Clemson OV where they'll put the screws to him, but will have to hope his affinity for UT/GMac etc. will keep him from committing there and shutting it down.

What happened to the dude on here that seemed to have a small grasp of NC football? Griddle….griddie. Dude was a good poster. Somewhat knowledgeable but didn’t seem to make up stuff he didn’t know
Yes, he was a solid poster. I think I remember him having a good take on Jaylen Wright even though he had missed that year of high school football due to Covid among other good insights on Carolina football players.

Based on actual info or just the fact uga usually get who they want?

Spoke to a Charlotte area high school coach over the weekend who plays Providence and everyone thinks UGA is leader and he ends up in Athens. Hopefully that changes but they have some big booster support in Charlotte.

Spoke to a Charlotte area high school coach over the weekend who plays Providence and everyone thinks UGA is leader and he ends up in Athens. Hopefully that changes but they have some big booster support in Charlotte.
I know a guy who spoke to Sanders head coach and word from that is "He don't know"

Vols

Boosters? What is this pre nil? Lol who cares what boosters think

I know I’m stating the obvious, but this is the most critical recruit maybe in the next two cycles. These are the ones we must win to keep the arrow pointing up and not plateauing.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
I know I’m stating the obvious, but this is the most critical recruit maybe in the next two cycles. These are the ones we must win to keep the arrow pointing up and not plateauing.
We are in on some very good OT prospects this cycle. Getting the #1 OT prospect would be huge, but it's not a class wrecker if we land 2-3 others that ate highly rated. That being said, I hope we get him and think we have a very good shot. This NCAA thing needs to be expedited though. The longer it goes, the easier it is for other programs to cast doubt.

Wow okay star gazer 🙄

I just want whoever the staff wants and who wants to be a vol!

Reactions: Joe Dirt

VN Store

Back