'26 NC QB Faizon Brandon (Tennessee commit)

The rich get richer
cool-im.gif

Don’t know if Fulmer even recruited QBs at the level Heupel is.

Probably not as far as recruitment ranking. If two of these 4 end up having careers like Shuler and Manning, then Heupel will be a HOF coach. That’s a long stretch since Hooker is the only great sample we’ve had and came as a transfer.

I wish I could resist the urge to manage other people’s expectations. I’m sorry for who I am.

Last edited:
Shuler, Manning/Stewart, Martin, and Clausen is the only stretch I'd imagine that compares with this current run on QBs that Heupel and crew are bringing in.
Certainly stretched out over a much longer time period, about a decade.

As importantly, not under the elite QB tutelage as these guys will receive with Heupel.

Greatest run of QB commits in UT history...probably SEC history. Now the real work begins and we find out who sticks and who produces...but we could have 3-5 of the best all-time this decade. Hooker already got us started.

Certainly stretched out over a much longer time period, about a decade.

As importantly, not under the elite QB tutelage as these guys will receive with Heupel.

Greatest run of QB commits in UT history...probably SEC history. Now the real work begins and we find out who sticks and who produces...but we could have 3-5 of the best all-time this decade. Hooker already got us started.
Don't sell Cutcliffe short now, he was an unreal developer too. I know Sanders was the the QB coach, but he was more of an assistant QB coach, that room was Cuts'. Heupel is amazing as well, but the gap is not that big between the 2.

Probably not as far as recruitment ranking. If two of these 4 end up having careers like Shuler and Manning, then Heupel will be a HOF coach. That’s a long stretch since Hooker is the only great sample we’ve had and came as a transfer.

I wish I could resist the urge to manage other people’s expectations. I’m sorry for who I am.
Hendon already blew past Peyton and Joe's 1 full year here was equivalent to Shuler's (27/5 vs 28/8).

By 2028 CJH will have 4 of the top 5 UT QBs all-time, I'd bet everything.

Don't sell Cutcliffe short now, he was an unreal developer too. I know Sanders was the the QB coach, but he was more of an assistant QB coach, that room was Cuts'. Heupel is amazing as well, but the gap is not that big between the 2.
He was a great coach and developer for sure.

But he lacked the gamechanging innovative scheme.

Heupel brings it all to the table. The GOAT offensive scheme, both passing and even moreso rushing...then the elite development on top.

He was a great coach and developer for sure.

But he lacked the gamechanging innovative scheme.

Heupel brings it all to the table. The GOAT offensive scheme, both passing and even moreso rushing...then the elite development on top.
Totally agree Devo. Cuts scheme was explosive for his time, but still had alot of old school principles, ball control and whatnot. Explosive doesn't even come close to describing Heupel's offense. Different eras, but both were and are effective. We have the best offensive scheme in college football now. Development from both is top tier.

VN Store

Back