NC State vs Western Carolina Thursday at 7PM

Don’t really expect much tonight. NC state and UT won’t open up their offenses too much in week 1. NC state will dominate -32 is the betting line

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I want to see what NC State's offense looks like. I am a CCU fan (after UT), so I have seen lots of McCall. He was great in Chadwell's spread option, but he struggled some last year with a new coach and scheme. NC State apparently has an all new offense after struggling last year in the ACC. They will probably have a solid defense, but I am curious to see if the offense can utilize what McCall does well.

I’m really in a quandary re the UF/UM game.
I don’t like either team and I usually pull for whoever is playing the hated Gators.
However if we beat a UF team that beat Miami, it has to look better on our resume.

Feel similar. It’s best for us to beat a Florida team that’s overperforming this year. Hoping both teams lose but if one has to win it’s Florida

Not so fast my friend.............UGA in a squeaker.
I tend to think it will be close for a while but GAs overall depth will help them pull away later and the final score will probably not be consistent with how the game is played overall. Something like a late interception returned for a TD that will make a 7-10 point game end up being a 14-17 point final margin.

It'll be interesting to see what they have. Everybody's high on them contending for the ACC this year, but they shouldn't be able to hang with us late imo. Beat who you're supposed to beat and we'll wind up where we want to be this year.
I don't think they will be contenders for the ACC. The pundits all have Florida State winning the ACC.

Definitely want to watch to see if they struggle at all and not necessarily on the scoreboard but if they execute smooth, how they do with penalties, how does McCall look. I know wolfpack will win and should not be close at the end.
McCall is a really good QB. Definitely a short yardage and scramble run threat.

Game delayed thirty minutes for lightning.
starting now at 7:30pm eastern on ACC Network.
rooting for lots of minor ankle sprains…just enuf to make them miss their next game…winking.

I want to see what NC State's offense looks like. I am a CCU fan (after UT), so I have seen lots of McCall. He was great in Chadwell's spread option, but he struggled some last year with a new coach and scheme. NC State apparently has an all new offense after struggling last year in the ACC. They will probably have a solid defense, but I am curious to see if the offense can utilize what McCall does well.
Wonder how he deals with our defense front

UGA will beat Clemson like a redheaded stepchild. I would take the UGA at -13.5
If you look at the series history, Clemson rarely beats Georgia. To me the lock of the week is taking BC and the points (+16.5) against Florida State though. BC's QB is pretty good and he lit FSU up last year running and almost beat them.

VN Store

Back