NCAA panel recommends marijuana be dropped from banned substance list

I recently retired from a software development company. The company did not do pre-employment drug testing because they would not have been able to hire some of the best. Only tested for cause. Worked there 9 yrs and not one person was ever tested or fired for doing drugs.

Maybe some of our most creative developers were, ha ha.

So was Mr. USPS intending to be a porch pirate ?[/QUOTE

The story I read said he left the guy the notice that he would have to go to the Post Office to pick it up. The kid freaks and hunts the guy down and kills him.

I’ve always thought it was weird that we can send 18 year olds to war but they can’t drink alcohol. I don’t know what the right answer is on all of this, I just know I miss the way college sports were when I was growing up in the 70s and 80s
Cocaine and steroids?

I recently retired from a software development company. The company did not do pre-employment drug testing because they would not have been able to hire some of the best. Only tested for cause. Worked there 9 yrs and not one person was ever tested or fired for doing drugs.

I work in an IT environment and I can vouch for this. I have had plenty of suspicions about co-workers over the years. The signs are pretty obvious.

I’ve always thought it was weird that we can send 18 year olds to war but they can’t drink alcohol. I don’t know what the right answer is on all of this, I just know I miss the way college sports were when I was growing up in the 70s and 80s
More people were using in those days

Caffeine and alcohol also stunt brain development for 17-24 year olds. Should we illegalize those substances, and all other legal ones, that stunt brain development for that age group? Do you want to tell Joe Milton or anyone else on the team they can't drink their morning coffee?

Answer: It's a thread about the NCAA. ie Their brains are in the age range of 17-24 years old. They are still developing. Marijuana is horrible for brains still developing.

Awesome, so you’ll join me in calling for congress to raise the age of majority to 25. No tobacco, booze, weed, guns, voting or anything else which could bring a negative interaction with a still developing brain.

No just when there were no NIL deals, transferring after one year because you weren’t named the starter day 1, and whatever the players did on their own time didn’t matter or was unknown to me
I agree with you, I was just being facetious with my previous comment.

He was very smart to be fearful of taking pain killers. I lost a friend who became addicted to hydrocodone, then other opiods as a result. He took them for neck problems. He eventually OD'd when he took too high a dose in rehab.

Green grass doesn't kill.
Im sorry to hear that. I think everyone should be fearful of opioids. I've seen many fall from that but for whatever reason society seams to think it ain't a big deal. If you want to ban something from sports that should be top of the list.

Big pharma is the devil. I refuse the meds they make at every single turn in my life. Fortunately, I do not have to deal with pain on a daily basis but in the past when I have had surgeries or dental work doctors would give me pain meds I never took them. I have seen Rx ruin so many good people.

Big pharma is the devil. I refuse the meds they make at every single turn in my life. Fortunately, I do not have to deal with pain on a daily basis but in the past when I have had surgeries or dental work doctors would give me pain meds I never took them. I have seen Rx ruin so many good people.

The system is vulnerable to much abuse - especially as it relates to politics. But big pharma has improved the lives of practically everybody on the planet.

The opportunity to make profits is why they keep moving forward. Some corrupt individuals have made the industry look bad. More than a few. The failure is when their dirty deeds go unpunished.

Show me one study that shows marijuana smoke in the lungs as medicine. I don't wanna see patient testimony saying, yeah man it like helps me. Give scientific facts.

There are 0 FDA approved medicines as marijuana smoke. This is actually kinda silly.

ANY smoke in the lungs is detrimental to the Celia, which constantly move to clean the lungs of foreign matter. The Lungs were made for AIR. Period. I do everything I possibly can (Best ac filters, Air Purifiers ect) to breathe clean air while others do everything they can to dirty their lungs. AND I get around like a guy 25 years younger than me....... Job 1.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Shockingly we have people due to the statistic >90% of hard drug addicts used marijuana prior to using addictive substances.

Then we find out that 100% of hard drug addicts have eaten food from McDonald's restaurants prior to their use of addictive substances.

Moral to the story? McDonald's corporation is THE actual gateway into a lifetime and misery of drug addiction.

ANY smoke in the lungs is detrimental to the Celia, which constantly move to clean the lungs of foreign matter. The Lungs were made for AIR. Period. I do everything I possibly can (Best ac filters, Air Purifiers ect) to breathe clean air while others do everything they can to dirty their lungs. AND I get around like a guy 25 years younger than me....... Job 1.
Of course edibles are available now

Popped a couple gummies for the 4th. It was a good day.
I ate half of a chocolate chip cookie infused with a high grade sativa. A real relaxing, stress free buzz for several hours. Admittedly, at 60, my tolerance is rather low because of my infrequent use. It did keep me at a level where I didn't need/want much alcohol

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
To be a pothead or not to be a pothead that is the question?
What about everyone that drinks is now considered an alcoholic?

Most smokers do so recreationally, as majority of drinkers do.

And yet alcohol is far more damaging to both individuals and society.

But to cast the "pothead" net is silly, might as well call the lady with a glass of wine on a friday night a drunk-in-the-gutter wino.

I've tried it a few times, drank a few back in the day, and only have one question for folks. What's wrong with being sober Most of the time? Some people just can't face everyday life without something. I don't get it. (I'm a 1 beer a day guy now, 5pm and that's forever) It's important to know what's going on and being in Control instead of being controlled.
Oh the irony. 😅

A famous musician once estimated 80% of the greatest music of all-time would have never been made without it.

Programmers are also very well known for their use of nootropics and other mind enhancers. Wall Street and Silicone Valley are drowning in recreational use of various things. As long as it isn't a debilitating drug (alcohol?) then who cares.

Reactions: OrangeBloodinTN
To be a pothead or not to be a pothead that is the question?
First of all, it's not that simple. Those who use it for medicinal purposes aren't "potheads". Those who use it infrequently for recreational purposes aren't "potheads". Usage isn't a binary choice. Like most "feel good" indulgences, there is a wide variety as to frequency of use and reasonable need and desire to use marijuana. Maybe it wasn't your intention, but that's the thought process of the right wingers in this state's Congress towards it use. Tre Hargett says hello to you

Reactions: OrangeBloodinTN

VN Store

Back