NCAA Tournament Game Thread

can I say the same thing for the thousands of Tennessee frontrunners that have emerged in the past two years when they go down?

Depends. do they root for Tennessee in all sports, or are they Tennessee fans in one sport and not another?

If the second then go for it.

Depends. do they root for Tennessee in all sports, or are they Tennessee fans in one sport and not another?

If the second then go for it.

that doesn't matter one way or the other. If they weren't following tennessee basketball 5 years ago, they have no right to jump on the Tennessee basketball bandwagon now.

Good grief, And here I thought our boys have been struggling...Duke makes us look like National title contenders lol...they have seriously lost thier confidence

can I say the same thing for the thousands of Tennessee frontrunners that have emerged in the past two years when they go down?

What percentage of Duke fans have an actual connection with Duke University? Tennesee basketball fans are rooting for our alma mater or our state university. Duke fans are just rooting for a winner.

What percentage of Duke fans have an actual connection with Duke University? Tennesee basketball fans are rooting for our alma mater or our state university. Duke fans are just rooting for a winner.

Tennessee also is twice the size and a state funded university. I grew up in Durham, so not all Duke fans are just rooting for a winner.

That's a very big assumption about the fans. Even then you're simply jumping on when the team is winning. Root for them at all times.

i'm totally failing to make the connection. Whether they went to UT or not, if they are jumping on the bandwagon now that they are winning, they are nothing but frontrunners.

There is a difference between being a disinterested fan of a sport (most UT basketball fans 5 years ago) because their team is absolutely terrible, and jumping on the bandwagon of a team like Duke (while being the fan of another school for football) because they are a winner and it is convenient to be a fan of a winner.

There is a difference between being a disinterested fan of a sport (most UT basketball fans 5 years ago) because their team is absolutely terrible, and jumping on the bandwagon of a team like Duke (while being the fan of another school for football) because they are a winner and it is convenient to be a fan of a winner.

i became a Duke fan because I loved Bobby Hurley as a kid. You're assuming most Duke fans cheer for Duke only because they win. That is not necessarily true. I have no connection with either school. Am i just not supposed to be a fan because I went to an NAIA school with no football team?

I have FAR more connections to the state of NC and Durham than I do in Tennessee. I just simply grew up in the state of Tennessee 100 miles from Knoxville.

that doesn't matter one way or the other. If they weren't following tennessee basketball 5 years ago, they have no right to jump on the Tennessee basketball bandwagon now.

I've been a UT basketball fan all my life. We just didn't have a whole lot to talk about before Bruce turned us around. We did have the one good run in 00'-01'.

Also, people are allowed to jump on any horse they choose. It bothers me sometimes too, but it has always been that way.

this tells the tell....2 for 18 on 3pts (11%) and 14-44 from the floor (31%). Kinda hard to win games when your shooting up those kind of numbers.

i became a Duke fan because I loved Bobby Hurley as a kid. You're assuming most Duke fans cheer for Duke only because they win. That is not necessarily true. I have no connection with either school. Am i just not supposed to be a fan because I went to an NAIA school with no football team?

I have FAR more connections to the state of NC and Durham than I do in Tennessee. I just simply grew up in the state of Tennessee 100 miles from Knoxville.

So choose one school to root for? Duke has a football team, you know.

VN Store

Back