NCAA Tournament Game Thread

Note to San Diego/Western Kentucky: Get ready to play some physical ball. I hate the Bruins but these guys are as clutch as it gets. Shipp, Collison, Love, Westbrook, Mbah Moute getting clutch rebounds. They are amazing to watch in these situations

"The bluecollars have beaten the bluebloods." God, I hope that becomes the tagline for this entire tournament.

A few whistles aside (and swallowed ones), you have to respect their recovering abilities.
I don't. It sickens me that officials so sway the outcomes. UCLA has been the recipient of this crap for decades.

Bill Walton's big day against Memphis State was heavily aided by some awful calls on Larry Kenon and whatever the center's name was for Memphis.

I don't. It sickens me that officials so sway the outcomes. UCLA has been the recipient of this crap for decades.

Bill Walton's big day against Memphis State was heavily aided by some awful calls on Larry Kenon and whatever the center's name was for Memphis.
Ask Bob Knight about the charge call that fouled Steve Downing out against the Bruins in the 1973 semifinal.

Ask Bob Knight about the charge call that fouled Steve Downing out against the Bruins in the 1973 semifinal.
RMK would be the first to tell you that officials have enormous impact on game outcomes, some intentionally. It was often the impetus for his sideline antics. It's funny as hell to hear him talk about it and he can recall an unbelievable number of hose jobs he got.

RMK would be the first to tell you that officials have enormous impact on game outcomes, some intentionally. It was often the impetus for his sideline antics. It's funny as hell to hear him talk about it and he can recall an unbelievable number of hose jobs he got.
The job Ted Valentine & Co. did keeping Duke alive in the first half of the 1992 National Semis have to be high on The General's list.

The job Ted Valentine & Co. did keeping Duke alive in the first half of the 1992 National Semis have to be high on The General's list.
that game is high on everyone's. Goes without saying, but he's not particularly partial to Valentine.

Amazes me that he can remember what everyone was doing on the floor and where everyone was situated, the score, time on the clock, etc. He has truly forgotten more basketball than most good coaches know.

that game is high on everyone's. Goes without saying, but he's not particularly partial to Valentine.

Amazes me that he can remember what everyone was doing on the floor and where everyone was situated, the score, time on the clock, etc. He has truly forgotten more basketball than most good coaches know.
I'll always remember Tim Floyd talking about sitting around when he was an assistant coach at UTEP listening to Coaches Knight and Haskins talk before the Hoosiers and Miners played. He said he walked away thinking "I'm just not that damn smart."

Back on topic of partying: I believe that if you all went out with me right now, "Everyday I'm Hustlin" by Rick Ross would basically be the theme song. I've hit my stride in my career at this level and am bringing home some savings every month. I can't wait to move into a big market and make more.

"I keep 'em coming back"

Guess Knight had a brain cramp when he said Pitt was gonna beat Memphis in this tournament. The Panthers couldn't even make it to that level.

532752.jpg

hman,

I like you and enjoy making fun of myself. Im having a good time

"If everything I do is wrooooong, then by God I do it right"

Guess Knight had a brain cramp when he said Pitt was gonna beat Memphis in this tournament. The Panthers couldn't even make it to that level.
My guess is that Coach Knight is far more concerned with the three titles he won than picking who was going to finish on top this year.

let's not forget when Westbrook dribbled the ball off of his leg and it went out of bounds without an Aggie getting near it and the ref gave the ball right back to UCLA.

I didn't watch the game but I'll guess that the picture represents a horrible non-call that pushed the game in UCLA's favor. Big surprise.

edit: Just read the breakdown of the game and I was correct. Ref must have bet their salaries on UCLA this year.

VN Store

Back