'22 ND Transfer TE Holden Staes (Tennessee)

Chandavian. AP said they're kicking those tires.
That’s Interesting

Has he been struggling at edge? I get we have Pearce and Josephs there.

I don’t see how he sees any playing time quicker behind Staes and Davis for the next 2 years

That’s Interesting

I don’t see how he sees any playing time quicker behind Staes and Davis for the next 2 years
It may not happen…if we land another transfer guy with multiple years and steal Rodriguez then we’re 5 deep at the position and it’s not as scary as it once looked…

I think a big part of this possibility is just finding the right spot for Bradley…he’s an exceptional athlete that has the potential to be a beast…where is he most likely to do that? When you factor in two TE sets and injuries it seems to me like he’s more likely to have an impact at TE than DE where we currently have 8 former 4*’s at WDE and SDE

That’s Interesting

Long term move. His skillset translates better on offense and of course it's a need is what I've seen hinted.

That’s Interesting

Pure speculation on my part-he still looks quite light to be edge and there are examples of basketball players turning into tight ends with success

Reactions: MountainDooley
He’s gained weight but that side of the line (someone correct me if I’m wrong) we’ve got Pearce, Josephs, Herring, Bradley, Ross. Maybe quicker playing time at TE 🤷🏻‍♂️
IMO…in no particular order…this is what we’ve got at both DE positions…

SDE: West/Bailey/Weathersby/Lindstrom/Wallace (maybe)
WDE: Pearce/Josephs/Herring/Ross

Once the recruiting sites catch up on Wallace he’ll be a composite 4* IMO which gives us 9 total composite 4*’s in the mix not counting Bradley…

Like you, it seems to me that the bigger bang for the buck with Bradley is at TE

Pumped about Staes pickup. Will be the most athletic TE we have had in orange in some time.

Re Bradley- iron sharpens iron. If a former 5 star level kid can’t see a path to some snaps then it means the defense evaluation was a whiff. You don’t flip flop positions at this level due to a little perceived depth.

We aren’t near as deep at LEO/Edge as many of you suggest. Who knows how Ross will turn out and we are one injury from Pearce or Josephs to being at risk.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
IMO…in no particular order…this is what we’ve got at both DE positions…

SDE: West/Bailey/Weathersby/Lindstrom/Wallace (maybe)
WDE: Pearce/Josephs/Herring/Ross

Once the recruiting sites catch up on Wallace he’ll be a composite 4* IMO which gives us 9 total composite 4*’s in the mix not counting Bradley…

Like you, it seems to me that the bigger bang for the buck with Bradley is at TE
Weathersby is not a DE. He's an inside technique.

Stays needs to play early and often, start on play one. He is a serious football player, out side of his physicals, he understands the game schematically. Great blocker and good hands. If used properly by this staff, he will be an absolute fit for opposing teams.....

Stays needs to play early and often, start on play one. He is a serious football player, out side of his physicals, he understands the game schematically. Great blocker and good hands. If used properly by this staff, he will be an absolute fit for opposing teams.....
Well, he will play early and often.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Pure speculation on my part-he still looks quite light to be edge and there are examples of basketball players turning into tight ends with success

He’s really struggled to get above 220, just not heavy enough for an SEC Leo. He was a very good WR and Bball player in HS, so the athleticism is there. I wonder if he could play jumbo WR?

Pumped about Staes pickup. Will be the most athletic TE we have had in orange in some time.

Re Bradley- iron sharpens iron. If a former 5 star level kid can’t see a path to some snaps then it means the defense evaluation was a whiff. You don’t flip flop positions at this level due to a little perceived depth.

We aren’t near as deep at LEO/Edge as many of you suggest. Who knows how Ross will turn out and we are one injury from Pearce or Josephs to being at risk.
Right. Re Bradley, I'm gonna wait at least til after Spring, end of August even better, until I speculate what a redshirt freshmen looks to be able to do.

I agree I still have hopes Bradley emerges at D-end. He has the frame to gain weight and not lose speed. A great wingspan as well. Hopefully he continues to improve there and the light comes on. GBO

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back