Neverending MBRO memory thread

Good morning all, today is the day, they are, maybe going to attempt to take dad’s vent. He woke up some last night. I got to see his eyes fully open and that was the best Christmas gift. Poor thing looked so scared. Please pray that it goes well. When he is out of the woods and this is all over, remind me, someone (probably joe), to tell you some of the things that have happened. If anyone has doubts about what God can do, it will restore faith.
Prayers and thought ORB! Please keep us updated if you can!!!

Good morning all, today is the day, they are, maybe going to attempt to take dad’s vent. He woke up some last night. I got to see his eyes fully open and that was the best Christmas gift. Poor thing looked so scared. Please pray that it goes well. When he is out of the woods and this is all over, remind me, someone (probably joe), to tell you some of the things that have happened. If anyone has doubts about what God can do, it will restore faith.
Praying for your dad’s full recovery. 😘

I guess be careful of this MRSA crap that has been in the news lately -- hospitals apparently harbor it
It's been around for awhile. There were some kids at Bearden HS that got it and as I remember it was bad. There is HAMRSA (Hospital Acquired) and CAMRSA (Community Acquired). They are both the same. The shower etiquette speech that Dools gave most likely had something to do with it. We gave talks on it to all our kids playing Hockey and Lacrosse. It can be acquired by something as simple as having a small cut or even a zit and then borrowing a set of gloves, a helmet, or pads. It literally will eat you alive if not treated.

Reactions: 508mikey and vol445
Use to get pneumonia 2 a year. Got the shot. Best decision I ever made.
You get the shingles vaccine(s) yet? I got the first one and then they decided that one wasn't good enough and handed out 2 more. The second 2 hurt like a mutha!

Reactions: joevol33
You get the shingles vaccine(s) yet? I got the first one and then they decided that one wasn't good enough and handed out 2 more. The second 2 hurt like a mutha!
No. Probably should think about that tho. My wife never had the pox. But I did

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
It's been around for awhile. There were some kids at Bearden HS that got it and as I remember it was bad. There is HAMRSA (Hospital Acquired) and CAMRSA (Community Acquired). They are both the same. The shower etiquette speech that Dools gave most likely had something to do with it. We gave talks on it to all our kids playing Hockey and Lacrosse. It can be acquired by something as simple as having a small cut or even a zit and then borrowing a set of gloves, a helmet, or pads. It literally will eat you alive if not treated.
problem is there are supposedly carriers that have no idea they have it

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
problem is there are supposedly carriers that have no idea they have it
Everyone pretty much carries it. Whether or not it is the Methicillin resistant variety depends on whether or not you have been exposed to it. It is generally found in your nose believe it or not. Most hospital workers are "carriers" of the resistant variety of Staph. It's a pretty scary thing. These are the superbugs that your mom warned you about.

Here is just a quick read:
https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/understanding-mrsa#1

When I coached Hockey we actually went to coaching clinics in Knoxville because there was an outbreak at the time in the HS football programs. If you think football gear is nasty, stick your head in a Hockey or Lacrosse bag sometime. Instant stomach pump.

Did the elliptical today instead of the treadmill because they were all full. Gym was packed!

Reactions: volwindy

VN Store

Back