New Border Fence Going Up

Seeing your stupidity when it comes to this subject immediately makes anyone smarter.
That's a dig at my intelligence Your intelligence should not be relative to mine.

Here's an easy question. How many people per mile of wall are necessary to make the wall an effective impediment?

VICTORY: Biden Pressured to Resume Building Trump's Border Wall

614fcac3-d1e8-434d-b65a-56a292f7de5f-730x487.jpg

On the campaign trail, Candidate Joe Biden vowed not to build another foot of the border wall, and once installed in office, he swiftly halted construction. It did not take long after that for illegal immigrants, along with the drug and trafficking cartels to begin overrunning the border. RedState has been following the Biden Border Crisis, the increasing influx of humanity, and the administration’s faulty, deceptive, and piss-poor response to handling it.

VICTORY: Biden Pressured to Resume Building Trump's Border Wall

That's a dig at my intelligence Your intelligence should not be relative to mine.

Here's an easy question. How many people per mile of wall are necessary to make the wall an effective impediment?

Impossible to say. However here are a few things we know. One, businesses are not going to just magically change their minds and make it less attractive to come here and work. Two, relying on the politicians to enact policy that would stem the flow of illegal immigrants is worthless. Especially with a pro illegal immigration Biden administration.

So given those things aren’t going to happen, how can you not think a wall will at least be much superior to a fence that we have now? Is a wall going to stop it all together? No. Would a wall be superior to a fence or any other physical barrier? Yes.

Impossible to say. However here are a few things we know. One, businesses are not going to just magically change their minds and make it less attractive to come here and work. Two, relying on the politicians to enact policy that would stem the flow of illegal immigrants is worthless. Especially with a pro illegal immigration Biden administration.

So given those things aren’t going to happen, how can you not think a wall will at least be much superior to a fence that we have now? Is a wall going to stop it all together? No. Would a wall be superior to a fence or any other physical barrier? Yes.
It's not impossible to say. It's lazy.
Last time I had this discussion it was assumed by the other person the wall is just a part of the effort. It will need manpower, equipment, supplies, etc. Nobody want to talk about the logistics though. So I did some digging.
Great wall of China. 13,000+ miles. 1M guards.
Hadrians wall. 80 miles. 10,000 guards.
Berlin wall 27 miles 47,000 guards.

Our southern border is almost 2000 mi. Going by barricades from history, estimate 150,000 - 3M ppl to man the barrier. That's a lot of payroll every year. 150k ppl at $10 per hour (TSA is double on ave) is over 3B every year. Not counting machines, equipment, training, fuel, food, weapons, ammo, housing, recruitment, lawsuits, repairs, maintenance.

Accepting a wall is accepting another chunk of money every year added to our budget which has accumulated 28T in debt.

Reactions: volfanhill
Last time I had this discussion it was assumed by the other person the wall is just a part of the effort. It will need manpower, equipment, supplies, etc. Nobody want to talk about the logistics though. So I did some digging.

Our southern border is almost 2000 mi. Going by barricades from history, estimate 150,000 - 3M ppl to man the barrier. That's a lot of payroll every year. 150k ppl at $10 per hour (TSA is double on ave) is over 3B every year. Not counting machines, equipment, training, fuel, food, weapons, ammo, housing, recruitment, lawsuits, repairs, maintenance.

Accepting a wall is accepting another chunk of money every year added to our budget which has accumulated 28T in debt.

Stop with the money excuse. The government spends what it wants when it wants. That’s never gonna change and you know it.

We could easily just suspend the billions we send to other countries and spend that to fund a border wall . Again you fail to address the point. How is a physical barrier not better than doing nothing?

Stop with the money excuse. The government spends what it wants when it wants. That’s never gonna change and you know it.

We could easily just suspend the billions we send to other countries and spend that to fund a border wall . Again you fail to address the point. How is a physical barrier not better than doing nothing?
We aren't doing nothing. You know it. I know it. Strawman argument.

Run for office. Get on appropriations committee to reduce funding to other countries and spend it on wall. Otherwise, yours is a tired dodge devoid of realism.

Congrats, you are a big government fanboy.

Reactions: volfanhill
Got them, you know, those mariachi, I mean, you know, marchers coming across the, you know the thing, the broader...the broader picture those people...not "those people" in a bad way, you know, uh, will imitate to America, because my country, I mean our country is stronger, you know because of immigrants like Kamala.

I'll get in trouble if I say anything else.
Channeling Biden.... scary.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

You only have to pay for land mines a few times.

Reactions: McDad

All valid points. I agree with the expenses. I'm am wondering when the wall is complete ( if ever ) if the expense will offset what is spent on deportations, containment, court costs, public defenders, financial support for children, financial support for adults and money finding its way back to Mexico thereby supporting their economy. There are also secondary and tertiary issues with immigration to consider.
Estimates are somewhere between 11.5 to 22 m illegals in the US as of 2018 if I remember correctly.
The cost of illegal immigration can only be estimated since we don't have exact numbers. That estimate is between $116 b and $200 b a year. Those were the 2 lowest estimates I could find through reputable sources.
It might offset.

We aren't doing nothing. You know it. I know it. Strawman argument.

Run for office. Get on appropriations committee to reduce funding to other countries and spend it on wall. Otherwise, yours is a tired dodge devoid of realism.

Congrats, you are a big government fanboy.

Lol. I live in reality why you live in a fantasy land. You continue to avoid my main points. I understand. You have no real solution. Congrats. You are woefully living in your own utopia.

Illegals pouring in by the 10's of thousands. I will try to get some more investigative reporting video from Sara Carter on here.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
That's true. Although I can't imagine Americans supporting that approach after the media broadcasts video of a few kids getting blown to bits.
True. Of course another option would be sniper training. Shooting coyotes is legal... right?

Just let the rapists rape. That's never gonna change and you know it.

Lol. I live in reality why you live in a fantasy land. You continue to avoid my main points. I understand. You have no real solution. Congrats. You are woefully living in your own utopia.
A wall isnt a real solution either. So you are avoiding his points too.

VN Store

Back